The difference between private key and a public key - Page 2 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Mandoy01

The difference between private key and a public key

The difference is private keys are the lock open of your wallet, it is what that unlock your wallet on the blockchain and give access to your funds while public keys is what the identifies your wallet on the blockchain, it is what we can wallet address.

• +1 1

From the word itself,"public" meaning everyone can know or have it.

"Private" meaning its for your personal only,no one should know about it,unless you want to trust it in someone you truly knows and trust.

• +4 1

Simply definition is that the Private key is the locker of wallet but public key(xpub) is key for generating wallets for his customer.

• Useful or interesting 1

The difference can be already tell by just hearing it, private means thats only for you no one must know it only must be you, however public key you can use it in public so thats it mate.

• +2 1

In my point of view i will say that there is a difference between private key and public key. We receive payment through our wallet public key which is shown by all. And the other side private key is our wallet access. We have to always keep it safe. If we lose it then we cann't access our wallet.

• +5 1

BetFury                                                    

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day[/url]                                                   

You know in simple words the main difference between the private key and the public key is that the private key is the one which is have to singly with one person. And the public key is that who shows as a whole means to everyone as overall kind of.....

• +4 1

It's an very valuable and important informations 

i think that the best way to hide the private key is to write it down and put the key in a safe place so no one can see it

• +3 1

Public and private key are two ddes of a coin.  Private key is entirey dfferent from public key.Both together are necessary.pubic key is less compared to private key 

• +2 1

Bro in the sense of crypto wallet , your public key is your btc address where you will get payments and private key is the security key ,which is used for login purpose.

• +4 1

In cryptography public key use to encrypt data and private key used to decrypt data. In bitcoin public key is your bitcoin wallet address and the private key is generated randomly ,its secret and alows user to spend the bitcoins 

• +3 1

I also want answer. Because I'm new in this field. Plz anyone let me know difference between public and private key. 

While public keys are known by a larger community, private keys remain a secret only known to an individual user. Think of public keys as banks accounts and private keys as the PINs to access them.

• +2 1

The difference is HUGE.

With a public key, you can only see the balance and the incoming/outgoing.

But with a private key, you have control the wallet. You are the owner with a private key. You can send or receive money.

• +4 1

On 1/26/2020 at 8:14 PM, Mandoy01 said:

If we talk about wallets then we will also talk about the wallet keys. There are two kinds of wallet keys; the private key and the public key.

The public key is also known as your wallet address. This is the alpha numeric number which you give to someone in order to receive a certain coin or token. The word public means that you can share it so you can make transactions.

Next is the private keys. Private keys are like the keys you use to open your door. For example you are going to unlock your door and you need a key to open it. It is the same with your private keys, this is the key that you will use to unlock or access your wallet. The word private here means that this key needs to be kept by you and never be shared otherwise other people can access your wallet.

So always keep in mind the difference so that your wallet will be safe and your coin or token will not be taken away from you. Share only your public key (wallet address) and not your private key.

This is good info I never think about private key and public key. It is the name that is giving some hint in mind that this can be private key and this is public key thank you for putting light on this.

On 1/26/2020 at 6:24 PM, Vivek Singh said:

The main difference between public key and private key in cryptography isthat the public key is used for data encryption while the private key isused for data decryption. ... In brief, a message encrypted with the public keycannot be decrypted without using the corresponding private key.

Correct one this is so important to me, I understand something new with this your post sir, thank you for your help with perfect idea. 

As far as I know public keys are the addresses we use when we want to transfer money from other platforms to another like exchange to wallets, also this keys are use when we want to receive payments or money from other users. Private keys are the one we should protect because it's just for ourselves.

• +5 1

On 1/26/2020 at 8:14 PM, Mandoy01 said:

If we talk about wallets then we will also talk about the wallet keys. There are two kinds of wallet keys; the private key and the public key.

The public key is also known as your wallet address. This is the alpha numeric number which you give to someone in order to receive a certain coin or token. The word public means that you can share it so you can make transactions.

Next is the private keys. Private keys are like the keys you use to open your door. For example you are going to unlock your door and you need a key to open it. It is the same with your private keys, this is the key that you will use to unlock or access your wallet. The word private here means that this key needs to be kept by you and never be shared otherwise other people can access your wallet.

So always keep in mind the difference so that your wallet will be safe and your coin or token will not be taken away from you. Share only your public key (wallet address) and not your private key.

Thanks for sharing this useful information. I never think that we have also a private key to access my account. We not have to share with any one our account private key.

• +1 1

Before I also don't know but after reading some comments I hv come to know the difference between public and private key, and mainly we should not share our private key orelse we can loose our information as well money while sharing it.

• +5 1

Public key is just a profile of your work. We are doing our work on it. We do not  hired anything in this site. Its a public work that we do and sorry for private key what to say i don't have any idea for explain. 

In cryptotalk public key is your address bar which is visible to everyone and it is a address through which you can recieve tokens and bitcoins from others.

Private key in simple word is your password of crypto wallet. It should never be shared to anyone. It is not visible to others.

• +5 1

Yes, there is a big Difference between public key and private key public key is also known as the wallet address of your cryptocurrency and the private key is known as the wallet pin or password of your cryptocurrency wallet You can share your public keys to get payment from every platform who Page in cryptocurrency, but you should and share your private keys Otherwise you will get scammed or hacked.

• +5 1