Beware of the LokiBot Malware - A malware that steals your crypto information - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BrolySSJ

Beware of the LokiBot Malware - A malware that steals your crypto information

With the invention of crypto there are many that also attempt to steal the crypto that was made by others, and in so doing they are able to profit quite handsomely. However in order to stop these attacks and thefts, we need to educate ourselves on the malware that is out there and how we can be protected from them. 

One such malware is known as the Lokibot. There has been a major increase in the number of infections by the malware since July 2020, and it is known to be an information stealer. this malware typically comes through in spam emails and has the extension of ISO, and therefore this is something that you should be very careful about. Immediately delete any such emails. Other ways in which this malware is distributed is through the torrent files. 

If you had to open this email, it would infect your computer and give access of your system to the hackers via  backdoors, where they will be able to access emails, and your crypto wallets. They will even be able to steal your passwords and documents, and this can be detrimental to you if you have a lot of crypto or personal information stored that can be used to extort money from you. 

Be careful when online and opening or downloading unfamiliar attachments. 

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 4
  • +4 2
  • +5 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

You have to secure you account by using the encrypted wallets and also don't trust/click any un-authentic links as they leads directly to steal your data and wallets with all money.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1

Youtube ChannelSocial media Assets, Websites and Plugins are available in a very reasonable price 😇 TALK Token is also acceptable.

Exactly malware attacks are the most common. And the best thing I like to add here is never use your primary email in websites that are vulnerable to be attacked. Nowadays it's very easy for hackers to collects the emails used in websites. And they do send the email targeting the users after getting their email addresses through a third party websites.

I will definitely check the extension Iso in my email though I never use my primary email address in low reputation websites.

And Talking about downloading files though torrent it's both illegal as all contents there are pirated and also harmful for the users device.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

5 hours ago, BrolySSJ said:

If you had to open this email, it would infect your computer and give access of your system to the hackers via  backdoors, where they will be able to access emails,

Thank you for these important information @BrolySSJ

My question is that, How do we detect emails that are malware filled, because Nowadays most email addresses are of thesame partern which makes it difficult to detect such kind of emails 

Edited by Frodler
  • +1 1

37 minutes ago, Frodler said:

My question is that, How do we detect emails that are malware filled, because Nowadays most email addresses are of thesame partern which makes it difficult to detect such kind of emails 

@Frodler There are antivirus programs that are able to scam your emails in order to tell if there is anything suspicious when it comes to the attachments on your emails. It might be a little investment to buy the full package for the antivirus, but it is always best to be safe than sorry. Also beware of the sender. If there is a sender that you are unfamiliar with or have not been in contact with before then i suggest that you research the sender before opening the email. It is the best way to ensure safety. Rather put in the extra few minutes than suffer the hacks later on right? Hope this helps you. 

• +3 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

It's important to always think safety first before taking any decisions of either installing or even open a particular link from the web, scammers can easily import malicious data into your personal computer to steal your data 

• +2 1
  • +3 1

There is a lot of this hacking malwares we need to be very careful especially with emails and

extensions both can be used to steal our important passwords and informations thnx for the

warning about this malware

• +1 1
  • +2 1

The most common way to corrupt our system and steal our information is through our email. In fact, it is very common through social networks such as Facebook where users are dedicated to promoting offers where, in order to acquire the information, they require email. You see a lot of things like "I earned $ 200 in one day, if you want to know how I did it, leave your email and I will send you the information"

• +4 1

Always act with conscience and a sense of camaraderie and every time you make a post, stop for a moment and review in detail the posts of other members around you, so that you can give your respective reaction. :classic_wink:

It is better to secure your account well and use cold wallets instead of hot wallets, and it is better to use an encryption email that is far from our real name and nickname and contains a passcode that is difficult to decipher.

• +1 1

Good information, it's always important to be cautious of this type of spam emails and be careful enough to not open any attachment in them, these are essential rules we must follow if we want to keep alive in this crypto world, that is unfortunately flooded with all kinds of scammers and hackers. Then, it's never gonna be enough when it comes to preserve the safety of our crypto assets.

• +4 1

The cryptographic world is infected by scammers who, under the guise of an honorable cryptographic entity, try to steal cryptographic entrepreneurs from the cryptographic entrepreneurs and one way to do it is these malware that steal the cryptographic information of the users. It is advisable to have a good antivirus since these applications detect these malware and eliminate them from the operating system, we must be alert with all this set of elements that are harmful to our interests.

Thats very good information. Thxs for letting everybody know about this malware. Thxs why you should never open emails from strangers. Also, have a good antivirus & its updated. Or get a Mac.

• +1 1

Earn Free Bit-Coins. Every hour you can win up to $200 USD in BTC.

https://freebitco.in/?r=41529082

1100388917_FreeBitco_in3.png.3817f1e8269d8e972cacf1276f358331.png

Thanks for these great and important advice, as I always perform a spam removal process. We have to beware of fraudsters who steal accounts and money. We have to be careful and maintain, and we must click on known links and we must pay attention to not fall into risks

Yes we must be wary of Lockbit Malware because this Lockbit Malware is a program through which they can steal all your information.  You need to be careful about using email everywhere.  So beware of this lockbit malware. Not only that, there are all kinds of programs or software like this, you have to verify their authenticity before entering them.  Otherwise you may lose your crypto money.

To avoid such problems. Do not enter from the ground up if you are sure that it belongs to you, and I mean waiting for a letter from a company whose address you know. Or do not download programs that you do not want. There are companies that guarantee your safety. Go to them and download the program you are looking for. But if you want it for free, be sure that you will be hacked someday, especially if it is about encryption.

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

On 11/30/2020 at 12:30 AM, hani20980 said:

There is a lot of this hacking malwares we need to be very careful especially with emails and

extensions both can be used to steal our important passwords and informations thnx for the

warning about this malware

Malwares effect only when you go to phishing sites, use un-authentic wallets and or click on different unauthorized link like getting links in the email, or in a message and clicking on it.

• +1 1

Youtube ChannelSocial media Assets, Websites and Plugins are available in a very reasonable price 😇 TALK Token is also acceptable.

Thanks for the information about this Lokibot. But how it comes to know if this is it? It will have this name on the file? If it is iso then it will nead iso software to open as this would be in image form. Can an iso file hurt our computer without opening it first and running the executable?

• +2 1

The phising emails are growing and the threats are increasing. Email is right now not the best way to transfer information, it is not secure and anything we receive we must be very suspicious. The thefts have been increased and because this worked for some scammers it will soon be massive, I am already receiving at least 20 emails daily in the spam folder that I instantly clean when visiting my email. Some escape the spam folder and I don't even open to read them.

• +3 1

Thanks for the warning, this is a very bad malware as it gives access to our computer to hackers. We should be really careful and be on the look out for anything that can be suspicious. This targets crypto users obviously as they would steal the private keys and all valuable information.

• +2 1

The crypto malware and viruses can do a lot of damage, we have to be careful with our use of the internet and of course never download anything without having very good knowledge what we are doing. Torrents often contain viruses so beginner users should first find lessons from a friend or someone that can tell them what to avoid.

After joining crypto I have placed my all crypto information in separate laptop and never used it for any other mean because I know their would be hacking attacks and I will lose my assets. I also stopped using torrent and never access my crypto mail from any other computer. Which was for securing my account from hacking. I also use my mail box and don't put it into any suspicious or ico site for mail alters. I suggested it to my colleagues who are into crypto because in crypto you have to extra careful online. Any extra extension in browser and software in system could welcome any malware. 

Thank you for your post. I will certainly aware of that . I have seen so much post about this on internet. And everyone is trying to be safe . Everyone using hard security to protect their own crypto. I also aware of that. So everybody be careful. 

• +2 1

This kinds of topic makes cryptotalk best for its member.Many of us like me were bot aware of this fact.We are greatful for sharing this information with us.Also we have to keep our-self aware all the time to not to give any info about our account to anyone.