Blockchain Supply Chain Platform Gains Metals Giant Glencore as Member - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Arsh007

Blockchain Supply Chain Platform Gains Metals Giant Glencore as Member

British-Swiss commodity trading and mining company Glencore will use an IBM-developed blockchain solution to track cobalt. 

In a press release issued on Dec. 12, Glencore confirmed it had joined the Responsible Sourcing Blockchain Network (RSBN), a joint partnership between various major corporations leveraging the technology to improve supply chain transparency. 

Glencore: blockchain aids good practice

RSBN is the brainchild of global sourcing audit and advisory RCS Global Group. It uses the IBM Blockchain platform and is powered by Hyperledger Fabric. 

“RSBN plays a key role in advancing the sustainable partnership between the producers of commodities that will enable the transition to a low-carbon economy and key consumers around the world,” Nico Paraskevas, Glencore head of marketing for copper and cobalt, commented in the press release. 

Blockchain becomes metals industry favorite

Glencore has shown interest in blockchain before. As Cointelegraph reported, in October the firm was one of seven metals giants to form the Mining and Metals Blockchain Initiative, aiming to collaborate on proof-of-concept solutions going forward.

More broadly, the metals industry is keen on promoting blockchain to boost its supply chain efficiency. In March, the London Metals Exchange (LME) reportedly backed a similar international initiative focusing on the technology. 

“You know where your metal is, you have proof of your metal, but nobody can see what your metal is and where your metal is,” LME chief executive, Matt Chamberlain, said at the time. 

• +3 1

9 hours ago, Maksuda4406 said:

Blockchain system is very important for crypto.crypto is depend on blockchain system.i think in future blockchain system will more improved.

I agree with you, because the blockchain technology is very impressive and used by a lot of people around the world, it will be more powerful in the future and more than now

I also read in Crypto News in a press release issued on December 12 that Glencore confirmed that it had joined the sourcing blockchain network, a joint venture of several large corporations, to leverage the technology to improve supply chain transparency.  I want to know when will they come up with a role?

It is just starting, i think in the next few years bitcoin will be the bank of all currency both digital and fiat

it is very much needed for for the developing countries. mainly block chain technology is very much accepted now and it will be adopted  for world future technology I think.

In any world we have come to, real mining of real minerals like copper, iron, cobalt and others uses blockchain technology for virtual mining, I mean cryptocurrency mining !!! What a really strange world !!! But this shows how much blockchain and cryptocurrency have permeated our lives.

15 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

In any world we have come to, real mining of real minerals like copper, iron, cobalt and others uses blockchain technology for virtual mining, I mean cryptocurrency mining !!! What a really strange world !!! But this shows how much blockchain and cryptocurrency have permeated our lives.

Blockchain the main technology behind cryptocurrency is going to prove the best invention in our time. Its usability cuts across every area of human endeavor and this solid mineral mining company is only trying to latch in on the transparency which can be achieved by the use of the blockchain technology and it's interesting how companies and governments are jumping at the opportunities.

• +1 1

Large enterprises require costs and this is not profitable for them, but using the blockchain, you can raise the status of the enterprise and get into the top. 

On 12/14/2019 at 1:53 AM, tienda said:

I think in the future Blockchain will be the bank of all cryptocurrencies, because all transaction pass by Blockchain, all depend about the Blockchain system technology. Blockchain is the present and the future.

Yeah,Block chain now become more in demand .Banks are now planning to make block chain for them self where they will issue their own coins .Which are stable coins.But i think this will harm BTC ,ETH and other crypto currencies.

But has Glencore been tried on the blockchain and succeeded in detecting minerals or is it just a futuristic view from IBM

THINK POSITIVE

This is a very good thing that the block chain is increasing it's span around it's whole surrounding.....hence it's good that the membership of the block chain is spreading to the whole world.....I am.also happy with this move....

Have a good day.

This is cool, it seems that we can benefit from blockchain technology in many areas and not only in the financial field, and I support the widespread use of blockchain technology worldwide in any field because it will give it excellent transparency.

Blockchain technology has become used in many projects and areas and this is a testament to its strength and importance

Life is great and enjoy it

I am very happy that companies find more implementations of bitcoin in their working process, it also can give a good experience for those companies who are still afraid of bitcoin.

• +1 1

On 5/20/2020 at 11:38 AM, nayon89 said:

Yeah i am agree with you. Blockchain is playing a vital role in Crypto world. Blockchain technology is recording bitcoin transactions. And blockchain is the world's most popular Crypto wallet. It's one of the popular site indeed. It's enough secured.

Besides the crypto world blockchain is already becoming more used in governance and being integrated in the financial and industrial sectors of various economies. Many countries have plans to expand blockchains and fund research on various fields as transportation, supply-chains, industries etc. Blockchains do reduce costs and their transparency feature reduces corruption.

• +3 1

On 12/14/2019 at 10:16 PM, sdsonjoy50 said:

I also read in Crypto News in a press release issued on December 12 that Glencore confirmed that it had joined the sourcing blockchain network, a joint venture of several large corporations, to leverage the technology to improve supply chain transparency.  I want to know when will they come up with a role?

Yes I think that you are right and It is great that you are reading news about cryptocurrencies and I think that it is great because a known pesonality joined a blockchain network and I think tsht it can really improve the supply chain between  cryptocurrencies 

Blockchain technology is evolving significantly and I expect that in the future it will be the main controller for all transactions related to cryptocurrencies and as long as Bitcoin ATMs are placed in the streets of countries, I expect that there will be a major blockchain bank

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I think that the blockchain has a great future! And we can actively observe that in the near future there will be a huge promotion, and the cryptocurrency will become very valuable!

On 12/14/2019 at 2:38 AM, tienda said:

I think in the future Blockchain will be the bank of all cryptocurrencies, because all transaction pass by Blockchain, all depend about the Blockchain system technology. Blockchain is the present and the future.

There is a huge possibility that cryptocurrency can be the future currency for this world but there should be mass cryptocurrency adoption trends in this world. You see, still, so many countries are banning cryptocurrencies. In the case of Blockchain technology, it has the wide range of applications not only for cryptocurrency. 

Blockchain technology improve so much since it uses in crypto. We can not imagine crypto world without blockchain. Blockchain can be called as Bank of all crypto currency.

■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■     PEER-TO-PEER MULTI-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM     ■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■

━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━    Free TON    ━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━

|► DECLARATION OF DECENTRALIZATION |   FORUM   |   TON SURF   |► BECOME AN AMBASSADOR |

Blockchain technology improve so much since it uses in crypto.I think that the blockchain has a great future! And we can actively observe that in the near future there will be a huge promotion.in the future blockchain will be the main controller for all transactions related to cryptocurrencies

Its usability cuts across every area of human endeavor and this solid mineral mining company is only, Yes I think that you are right and It is great that you are reading news about cryptocurrencies. Blockchain technology is recording bitcoin transactio

I think in the future Blockchain will be the bank of all cryptocurrencies, because all transaction pass by Blockchain.Blockchain is playing a vital role in Crypto world. Blockchain technology is recording bitcoin transactions

This is really good. And we can see that the block chain future is shining and soon it will take over the world that will be good....