Impact of "get paid for posting" campaign on quality of posts - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Kreur

Impact of "get paid for posting" campaign on quality of posts

Let me start with congratulating on forum growth - offering money for creating posts is brilliant campaign and in fact brought me here - I told to myself "they will have people there for sure, it might be cool place to discuss things" - that was the main reason (getting "free" money is nice but pales in comparison to having good place to discuss things)

I am starting to feel it dilutes quality of posts and you need to dig through lot of superficial posts (I will elaborate bellow) to find quality stuff we crave reading about.

I feel like in last 100 post read I "learned" about 30 times that "bitcoin is number 1"

I will try to describe what I mean by superficial posts and make example that would apply if topic was about making pizza. Of course noone will talk about pizza here, but everyone knows what pizza is so it might be good to show examples of what I am talking about🙂

"just noding" - basicaly post that offers nothing new and states the obvious, most often short in lenght and written in non-thretening almost "overly politicaly correct" way, just mental copy-paste without doing actual copy-paste. pizza-example: "yes pizza is delicious and its made in oven."

same thing in multiple posts - one person repeats something many times adding very little, if any new stuff at all, basically same thing in other words. pizza-example "you can have many different thing on top of pizza", "pizza topings can be adjusted", "you can choose what you put on top of pizza", "different toppings makes different pizza"

"easy offtopic" - something where person reacts to post about X that briefly touches Y by stating some obvious thing about Y. pizza-example: someone talks about how to prepare pizza, how to heat oven, layer ingredient etc. and briefly mentions cheese in ingredients, response "cheese is made from milk"

• Useful or interesting 16
  • +1 6
  • +2 9
  • +3 4
  • +4 4
  • +5 5

This is true, I see that the author of the publication puts a meaningful and useful publication and the level of the publication is stuffed with more useful information to the community in particular and the forum in general accept my respect You are good at raising topics I gave you a point.

Edited by samarkamane
  • Useful or interesting 1
  • -1 1
  • +1 5
  • +5 1

Actually you are right about yiur thoughts on this forum, it is really a nice place to earn an extra income, and good experience to use it in our crypto life, let's try our best to make this forum more effective 

• Useful or interesting 4
  • -2 2
  • +1 2
  • +3 1

Indeed yes,

that this forum is a nice/good place to discuss things with, it's also a excellent place to earn rewards of sharing our thoughts and helping others through good ideas and knowledge,

but nonetheless the forum even in its early days has been diluted and full of non-sense stuff and now thanks for the admins and moderators for their effort in cleaning the forum with the help of good members here.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 4
  • +2 1
  • +5 1

Good point from you,I will not accept that authous do writes same thing,we all have different meanings to what we reads,there can be different angle to a point

• +1 4
  • +5 1

Indeed you said it right,but I believe those one liner post doesn't after for the payment because we all know that there is a rule to create 100 characters or above or maybe they just agree to OP topic and have nothing to say at all,or not so interested on the topic.

What I am dismayed of is the repetitive answers to the authors query and if the question are already answered hope that if we have an idea same as other posters do let's dig into the deepest ellaboration and post genuine information related to the topic.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 2

7 hours ago, Kreur said:

Let me start with congratulating on forum growth - offering money for creating posts is brilliant campaign and in fact brought me here - I told to myself "they will have people there for sure, it might be cool place to discuss things" - that was the main reason (getting "free" money is nice but pales in comparison to having good place to discuss things)

I am starting to feel it dilutes quality of posts and you need to dig through lot of superficial posts (I will elaborate bellow) to find quality stuff we crave reading about.

I feel like in last 100 post read I "learned" about 30 times that "bitcoin is number 1"

I will try to describe what I mean by superficial posts and make example that would apply if topic was about making pizza. Of course noone will talk about pizza here, but everyone knows what pizza is so it might be good to show examples of what I am talking about🙂

"just noding" - basicaly post that offers nothing new and states the obvious, most often short in lenght and written in non-thretening almost "overly politicaly correct" way, just mental copy-paste without doing actual copy-paste. pizza-example: "yes pizza is delicious and its made in oven."

same thing in multiple posts - one person repeats something many times adding very little, if any new stuff at all, basically same thing in other words. pizza-example "you can have many different thing on top of pizza", "pizza topings can be adjusted", "you can choose what you put on top of pizza", "different toppings makes different pizza"

"easy offtopic" - something where person reacts to post about X that briefly touches Y by stating some obvious thing about Y. pizza-example: someone talks about how to prepare pizza, how to heat oven, layer ingredient etc. and briefly mentions cheese in ingredients, response "cheese is made from milk"

At least that in numerous posts in the forum, each and everyone has a freedom to express their opinions eventhough it is quiet similar from the others. Also, because a user already sees the previous replies, he or she might add other information to it. A user can also summarize all the information he or she gets from the previous replies in one simple reply. And last thing, with different way of expressing same thoughts and opinions, it is a best way if one user does not understand the previous reply so he or she will scroll through it and find a reply where he or she can actually understand, eventhough that reply is also the same from the others if we are talking about the idea but different construction of sentences. So one reply cannot be understood by user, therefore, there are still a lot of replies with different construction that he or she could understand.

Does anyone get my idea? Because I typed so long, I don't think I explain it very well. Feel free to quote me so that I could stand/defend my statement.

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 2

4 hours ago, Migo said:

Actually you are right about yiur thoughts on this forum, it is really a nice place to earn an extra income, and good experience to use it in our crypto life, let's try our best to make this forum more effective 

Your thinking is extraordinary and I agree with the way you think.

I think this forum is really good for getting extra income here so I always want to try my best to make this forum more effective and more popular so many people want to use this forum.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

I see knowledge in this forum that I should have, even look's simple but create good post/ reply is not easy but I need it. Already join several forum and I get kick because can't use good language and repeat old post/ comment when have no idea to write, that's wrong. I hope I can fix my performance and always support admin decision for this forum.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +4 2

You had made a great post about this, but there are some more forums that paid long back. Getting paid is not enough as I thought to make money from other resources like signature campaigns, but this forum will not grow into huge because of low members activity from last month.

• +2 2
  • +3 1

11 hours ago, Kreur said:

Spoiler

Hohumm, a well thought-out thread from you.

We have quite a lot of "yes men" on this forum. Most post for the obvious reason: getting paid for posting. Unfortunately, as long as they aren't offtopic, don't spam and don't plagiarize, their posts are legal, and there is nothing we can do about it.

The pay-per-post is not solely to blame for this. Bitcointalk has its own brand of "yes men" back there, and I'm plenty sure similar forums have them as well. The pay-per-post was intended as a stimulus for more internet traffic; if you want to find out more about this topic, you can dig out some old threads here.

What you can do for now is put that reputation button to good use. If you find a post that you find useful, interesting and informative, you may press the "like" rep button, you may also use the "dislike" button for the opposite (careful in using "dislike" though, some users will retaliate).

4 hours ago, Muphin said:

At least that in numerous posts in the forum, each and everyone has a freedom to express their opinions eventhough it is quiet similar from the others. Also, because a user already sees the previous replies, he or she might add other information to it. A user can also summarize all the information he or she gets from the previous replies in one simple reply. And last thing, with different way of expressing same thoughts and opinions, it is a best way if one user does not understand the previous reply so he or she will scroll through it and find a reply where he or she can actually understand, eventhough that reply is also the same from the others if we are talking about the idea but different construction of sentences. So one reply cannot be understood by user, therefore, there are still a lot of replies with different construction that he or she could understand.

Does anyone get my idea? Because I typed so long, I don't think I explain it very well. Feel free to quote me so that I could stand/defend my statement.

I got your point, and there is nothing wrong with it, but if all a post did was just that, then it feels like its lacking. If a user is going to summarize a topic, he/she might as well ask why the topic ended up that way. This is the reason I stated somewhere that users, especially newbies, should not be afraid to ask questions if it helps to broaden the topic. Where was it...? Oh, here it is:

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +1 2
  • +4 1
  • +5 3

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

Well what dk you expect from a foeum that pays everyone around the world who joins cryptotalk...most of the people here don't speak English very well so they do these kinda copy-adjust- paste things to make their poat count reach 30 and get paid.

• +1 3
  • +3 1

Yes you are right, this place is good for discussing thoughts and ideas about certain topics while earning an extra income. As community are growing, i also hope good topics that has quality wil also grow so we can get great ideas for every members sharing their ideas.

• -1 1
  • +1 2
  • +2 2

On 12/5/2019 at 7:14 AM, guatazoo said:

@Kreur I think admins should reduce the number of posts per day but increase they payout per post for top performing users.

Increasing the payout will also increase the chance that many users will try to cheat the system. Reducing the number of posts will also result in decreases in the activity of the forum so I think it is not a good idea. 

• +1 1
  • +4 1

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

17 minutes ago, SyntaxEr. said:

Increasing the payout will also increase the chance that many users will try to cheat the system. Reducing the number of posts will also result in decreases in the activity of the forum so I think it is not a good idea. 

Reducing the number of post will make users post quality posts instead of posting random nonsense when the head is tired and can't think anymore.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

26 minutes ago, guatazoo said:

Reducing the number of posts will make users post quality posts instead of posting random nonsense when the head is tired and can't think anymore.

You have a point for this. Let's just see how the cryptotalk team will handle this and how they will develop the campaign to another level and spam-free.

• +1 1
  • +5 1

On 12/4/2019 at 2:32 PM, Kreur said:

<>

It is not free money to make good post, requires dedication, first think that you can contribute,  although we all contribute to the "Pizza".

BTW: Your OP is another Pizza on the menu, of those concerns with reference to posts quality.

But that "Pizza" is part of the ecosystem, many used do it without bad intention other ara simply "rotten cheeses" in the Pizza. (Trolls, bots or Spammer pro )

Their OP attacks a `problem that is persistent , it is a recurring Topic only that its approach is different, already raised with other types of ingredientes (following its idea  of Pizza)

I'm going to show you two examples of that you mentioned and how he considered attacking them:

1.-Whatever the answers are made recurring, repetitives.

2.- Top 10 features users like. 

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

2 hours ago, SyntaxEr. said:

You have a point for this. Let's just see how the cryptotalk team will handle this and how they will develop the campaign to another level and spam-free.

Probably the campaign will end at first january so there is no need for improving anything for now?

• -1 1
  • +1 1

13 hours ago, guatazoo said:

Probably the campaign will end at first january so there is no need for improving anything for now?

Nope, I think this campaign is long term this was said by the admins they already did some improvement like on counting posts count. They will surely do improvements if it is necessary.

• +1 1

2 hours ago, SyntaxEr. said:

Nope, I think this campaign is long term this was said by the admins they already did some improvement like on counting posts count. They will surely do improvements if it is necessary.

Yes and i am also sure that this campaign will run for long term and we all users of the forum will get our payment for long time. 

• +1 2

SIGNATURE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT 

On 12/5/2019 at 6:14 AM, Migo said:

Yeah i agree with you. For me as a new in crypto currency, this is one of the best place that i've learned so many lesson and also have some experiences. This forum opened my mind about crypto world and what could i benefit to it. I earned money and i learned on it so please let's help this forum more popular and more wealthy. 

• +1 1
  • +4 1

5 hours ago, Maksuda4406 said:

Yeah this forum give reward for every post.i'm happy to work on cryptotalk forum.this forum future is very bright.

Yes it is happy place for all of us, but what are the impacts caused by these negatives and positives.

• -1 1
  • +1 1

absolutely true, a lot of the same topics are just different sentences that often appear in this forum. But I think lately admin is ready to delete it

• +1 4
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

Really, growing the forum and with quality content is a great challenge. I think forum administrators are aware of this.
We only have to do our best.
Today I joined the Yobit paid by Post campaign. Nowhere had I read that I had to do it, my posts are updated and I must make at least 100 posts to be able to see a payment.
Good luck to all members we will make CryptoTalk one of the best Cryptography Forum.

• +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 2