How to end a topic that's overrun with bot posts - Page 3 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
GhoulSlayer

How to end a topic that's overrun with bot posts

On 11/25/2019 at 10:55 AM, GhoulSlayer said:

I was wondering if it is wise to stop a topic that has run it's course if the topic is being over run with bot posts? Do members have a way of stopping anymore posts in a topic they started? I ask because some threads are being posted in with a lot of gibberish posting that stems from OP topic and the comments that follow.

I think it's important that everyone report posts that are gibberish, make zero sense as they are clogging up the flow between real people. Thoughts?

Well, you can request to the moderators about this concern you just need to provide a solid proof and statement that will prove that the topic you are requesting to be deleted or lock is approved.

21 hours ago, Lucky14 said:

Oh that true also

Then it better to Just leave then

yes just leave it for as long as you are sure that topic of yours will not get you a warning point.

We also complain about this problem, which is many topics that have no value or importance, I report on trivial issues daily and I think that modiraters are doing their job to the fullest

those who have the right to lock the topic so that they cannot write again are admin or moderator, and those who have the right to move and delete posts are admin and moderator as well. so you don't worry, if something is wrong or off topic, the admin and moderator will definitely follow up immediately based on the rules that already apply in this forum.

It's really hard i think and we just can report to admin team to maybe turn off the replies so there no other spammy or bot replies, For now it's what we can done just report it and hope this forum will be more healthy and become a good place to discuss with other people.

I think only the moderators have the ability to do something about post like that so you should try to contact one if you want to take the post down but you can also report or flag the discussion so that it will come to the attention of the moderators.

Yes, you are right and there is an option in this forum to give bad reaction for bad posts and if all do this then the moderators can easily understand which is spam.

Every member should think of it and should reach the conclusion of stopping the bot comments in the posts because unnecessary comments would not give any sense to the users.

I think only the admins have such right to lock overrun topics not he who makes the topics. 

13 hours ago, Ummita said:

I think only the admins have such right to lock overrun topics not he who makes the topics. 

We need to help the admin and the moderators to report those contents that's we see they can't help to develop the forum, then they will delete them

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

I don't think theres option for that, only admins can lock up the topic,the only thjng you can do to stop those bots is to report them.

There's no way to stop this, But to limit and eliminate them everyone should do their part as community to report all bot-like behavior and post made by farmed accounts. Also you can report any thread that already has a sufficient answer from different people.

spacer.png

I don't think you need to worry about it. If any topic have this problem administration will figure it out quickly. Atleast you can let them know if you want to help. Send reports.

Thoughts?

One way is to have the ability to self-moderate your topics. This way, you could do the job yourself, alongside with reports from other users and deletion by the moderators.

Though as of now, we still don't have such feature. Locking threads is also not within our privileges, and is still only restricted to the moderators.

Bot or spammers post is being dealt with moderator team and some forum members are also reporting these spammers. Cryptotalk need to hire more moderators to control the massive spam in this forum.

spacer.png

I was wondering if it is wise to stop a topic that has run it's course if the topic is being over run with bot posts? Do members have a way of stopping anymore posts in a topic they started? I ask because some threads are being posted in with a lot of gibberish posting that stems from OP topic and the comments that follow.

I think it's important that everyone report posts that are gibberish, make zero sense as they are clogging up the flow between real people. Thoughts?

Its hard for moderators to spot. Spammer or Bot post because they normally copy commented content they they change few words then the mods cannot I dentefy them because they have no time to read every comments.

Get 10% Kickback on your Trading fees using this Link : https://www.binance.com  

If you buy or sell $100 or more of crypto, you'll receive

$10 worth of free Bitcoin! Link : Coinbase

publishOX.gif.48cd9f50f6786cac26a168b63e1b61ba.gif

Well there's two ways to lock or to stop the topic, one is that the creator can lock the topic she/he created, second if the admins or moderators see that the topic is useless they have the power to lock it or remove it completely.

On 1/25/2020 at 5:56 AM, Ahmed112 said:

Yes moderators have power to close any post or comment. Many topics also lock from moderators. We just read these topics but we not comment on that lock topics.

Indeed yes,

as of now many topics have been close/lock by moderators and admin since they have the full access to end/close/lock topics in the forum.

19 minutes ago, Muhammad Uzair said:

Yes you are right I want to.told you that I think it's didn't happen so we want to talk with modulator and said about our issue my dear..............

yes i think, its the best way to directly communicate with moderators with regard to any concern or any request to "end, stop or lock topics" from any further comments, reply or post

By in our own we can not stop the post that have been ran out by the bots, the only thing we can do is to report the not or the best option is to request in the moderators to close the certain topic.

I think moderators will handle that kind of case. They might clean the forum since I also see many spams and posts that are made by bots . It's really annoying.

On 11/24/2019 at 8:55 PM, GhoulSlayer said:

It's very wise to lock or delete a topic when it is no longer relevant. When you create a new topic  it is to contribute something good to the forum or to clarify any doubts you have and if your post already fulfilled the purpose for which you created it, you can make this actions to avoid bots or scam.

To lock or delete    click on Moderation Action button 

21 hours ago, FalseName said:

By in our own we can not stop the post that have been ran out by the bots, the only thing we can do is to report the not or the best option is to request in the moderators to close the certain topic.

I think many do not know about this utility or added feature that allows users to close their Topic.

This is especially helpful in Topic of the type "Help me" you received your solution! close the topic, so that the appropriate answers make their goal that is to give the solution or possible solutions to other users, who may also have the same doubt.

locktopic.jpg.ae864e70db24bacc397a7cd3b66b4e7d.jpg

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

This forum gives the opportunity to earn and learn but some forum members doing spam here they can't this forum rules and regulations so we need to stop this we reported who do this spam and help moderators and admin to clear this spammers and site must clean because this site growing day by day