Why halfving of Bitcoin happens? - Page 5 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

Why halfving of Bitcoin happens?

On 3/8/2020 at 5:06 PM, Syedbesharat said:

Thanks for sharing such a brief article about BTC halving and reward.I have freshen my memory for future reference .Where i can discuss this with people who don't know or have wrong information about halving.

I'm glad that my posts can somehow help others. Information about halving is important especially now that Bitcoin's next halving is getting nearer and nearer. And for people who has just recently learned about crypto and plan to invest right now, any useful information they can get right now is critical to their success.

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

On 11/20/2019 at 12:42 PM, Crypto123 said:

I want to ask members here why halving of bitcoin happens?
And how long will this happen? I mean the duration between each halving
Why did Satoshi make this division within the Bitcoin configuration algorithm? What's the point and what's the benefit from Halving?

Because of supply, Bitcoin supply is 21,000,000 BTC and every 4 years halving is happening.

Which mean that miners will mine less Bitcoin per block (half less) and that have affect on supply.

For example if Bitcoin dont have halvings that mean that all Bitcoin will be mined for few years and like this with every 4 years halving it is assumed around 2100 that will be all Bitcoin mined.

And one more thing, halvings affect on price a lot you can research about previous halvings what happened.

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

On 3/13/2020 at 9:27 PM, jitu123321 said:

This is the program of saotoshi nakamoto to give the feature of unique to the bitcoin and according to that program in every 4 year bitcoin have to cutoff it's mining rewards by half that means the reward miner are get become divide by 2

Yes, this is the genius Satoshi plan. He was brilliant in the economy, so he knew that increasing the amount of anything would lead to a drop in its price, and thus in order to keep a few bits of bitcoin he made a law to set the rewards every four years.

42 minutes ago, diana s said:

All I go with believes thinking it's a bull ride thinking makes us a boost. With the coin divided in collection, the prices can well rise and we drink gain a lot out of it in existence

My question is why halving occurs and not what will happen after halving !! There is a difference between the two questions !! However Halving happens to reduce the amount of Bitcoin on the market and, according to the law of supply and demand, a decrease in the quantity leads to an increase in the price.

Half of the Bitcoin is important in order to address the problems of inflation in the market and plays a role in compensating lost currencies, but always after the period in which the half occurs, the price rises very significantly, after this half is expected to reach $ 12,000

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 11/20/2019 at 1:42 PM, Crypto123 said:

Why did Satoshi make this division within the Bitcoin configuration algorithm? What's the point and what's the benefit from Halving?

The main reason of Bitcoin halving is to make sure its existence. We all know that the supply of Bitcoin is limited, so halving makes sure the supply doesn't run out.

Edited by Cammer

I did well in choosing this issue because it is still waiting for us in the second half of this year, the third division of bitcoin, which happens about once every four years, starting from 2012, when the amount was reduced to half this year, I think it will decrease to 900 btc per day

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Mohammadztzt1 said:

Hello my friend
The half process is the split of the Bitcoin blockchain chain, and reducing the reward value for the two minerals in half, and perhaps the goal is to make Bitcoin valuable and rare, and it will continue every four years, and the last half process will occur after more than 100 years.

The creator of bitcoin (Satoshi Nakamoto) is a clever designer. Before creating bitcoin, he had thought about any possibilities that may happen in the future of bitcoin. He planned halvings so that if bitcoin is adopted as a formal currency in the world, it will not suffer from inflation like fiat currencies. He thought about reducing the supply of bitcoin every 4 years to prevent the infinite production of bitcoin.

Halving Bitcoin happens to prevent inflation as a form of money, and to increase its scarcity to be gold-like and it's happen every 210,000 blocks are mined (approximately every 4 years),

On 3/31/2020 at 6:30 PM, Qazi said:

we all are waiting to finish this halving because before we were earning 0.0003 bitcoin which value were $3 and now its value $2 or below, many user like me was saving in wallet now waiting from many days. 

Good that you keep the bitcoin you get from the forum in your wallet, this is wise behavior from you, I think if you wait a little after Halving bitcoin your money will double and you will get more profits. Well done my friend.

The halving is a process to maintain the inflation of the currency. The currency has a great potential and also high in price in the market. Halving will decrease the rate of rewards in half for the miners. The mining will not be so much profitable after that. So don't be so worried and continue the currency trading. 

l find this video very helpful. l hope this video can explain this situation. 

Because as the time goes the price need to hike and Which is easily hike if the supply is less like the levels in games goes tougher if you increase level, like that in Bitcoin also mining become tough as the   btc per block get reduce after certain years.

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

Halving ensures that it retains its deflationary quality. This makes sure that it remains ideologically opposite to fiat currency, which is centrally-controlled and inflationary by nature.

Satoshi Nakamoto had ensured that even after all the Bitcoins have been mined out, the internal tokenomics will still sustain the network. 

1 hour ago, Sezar55 said:

Dear friend, I think that the occurrence of half for the purpose of increasing the value of the currency, reducing transactions and earning for miners. Of course, this algorithm has been used since the establishment of Bitcoin and until now everything works well and in coordination to not collapse the currency.

Thank you for the clarification, my dear, I am glad that you know this information about Halving because I found a lot of members here do not know this information, and through the responses they put here.

Basically I know that halvings tends to reduce the value of the block rewards in every successful block which you extract, as this halvings is on specific times when basically am sure when a certain number of blocks have extracted, that's when the halvings occurs as. The  rewards will still an keep reducing as the halvings takes place untill the 21 million coins are all mined

After every 210,000 blocks, Bitcoin goes through a process which is generally called “halving.” This concept was introduced by Satoshi Nakamoto himself. After this sort of process concluded, there will be a controlled supply of Bitcoins in the market. 

Frankly, I do not know what is the main reason behind the division of bitcoin or other currencies, but I only know that the difficulty of mining increases after each division of bitcoin.

I did not understand anything in your post, and this is quite frankly, I have almost a month here, I have tried to get to know many things about Bitcoin and Satoshi, but every time I collide with something I do not understand at all.

On 20.11.2019 at 13:42, Crypto123 said:

i guess halving of bitcoin happens to prevent inflation because there will be more and more miners every year and as they mine more bitcoins it will become cheaper

Expensive electronic equipment to earn or “mine” them. Every 210,000 blocks, or roughly every four years, the total number of bitcoin that miners can potentially win is halved.The next bitcoin halving is expected to occur in the week commencing 18 May 2020, when the number of blocks hits 630,000. 

I am not having much idea about Bitcoin halvingbut in this year it will going to hell and it will be great experience to go through these things so that we can get some more knowledge and will be more familiar with the bitcoins as well as the cryptocurrency approach ourselves to get all the things in this campaign because it's a great opportunity for everyone to to get all the things in a single camping and it will be beneficial for everyone even you are going as well as you are improving yourself that is the main advantage we are having in this campaign.

On 4/12/2020 at 6:24 PM, Jimmy26 said:

I am not having much idea about Bitcoin halvingbut in this year it will going to hell and it will be great experience to go through these things so that we can get some more knowledge and will be more familiar with the bitcoins as well as the cryptocurrency approach ourselves to get all the things in this campaign because it's a great opportunity for everyone to to get all the things in a single camping and it will be beneficial for everyone even you are going as well as you are improving yourself that is the main advantage we are having in this campaign.

Well it looks like you say you don't have much knowledge about halving bitcoin, so I'll tell you some good info. Halving happens to keep a small amount of bitcoin on the market as the amount of mining rewards decreases by half every four years and this leads to maintaining good price stability.

Yes, this can happen exactly as it happened in the past, but divisions can pass, and nothing that happens will happen, too. We must expect all possible possibilities.

29 minutes ago, iloveyobit said:

Yes, this can happen exactly as it happened in the past, but divisions can pass, and nothing that happens will happen, too. We must expect all possible possibilities.

Of course, I want to remind you that Halving happens automatically every four years in order to reduce the amount of mining entering the market and thus the demand increases and the price rises, this is in principle, but in reality, Halving can pass without anything happening, as you say.