Mining Cooling Problems - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
on1k3n

Mining Cooling Problems

I've been having a problem of keeping my laptop cool when I'm mining. I'm thinking of some ways to keep this thing from overheating. I'm almost to a point of putting an AC unit on the side of my laptop. Yes, it's that bad, but I don't know what else to do. How do you keep your computer cool from overheating? Should I keep mining or just let it die a slow death? 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

did you used your laptop CPU/GPU to mine some coins? man, that won't work. even if you used a powerful cooling pad, your laptop will be keep overheating frequently. also you won't get any profit from this. just rent some mining hardware hashrate to mine some coins.

If you don't have powerful laptop and the right one, you will destroy your computer, mining is not just like that, if you have weak laptop I suggest you to change with another one good and avoid any problems 

17 hours ago, on1k3n said:

I've been having a problem of keeping my laptop cool when I'm mining. I'm thinking of some ways to keep this thing from overheating. I'm almost to a point of putting an AC unit on the side of my laptop. Yes, it's that bad, but I don't know what else to do. How do you keep your computer cool from overheating? Should I keep mining or just let it die a slow death? 

Mining with laptop? What you mining daily 0.001$?

It's not recommended to mining with laptop or mobile device or PC at all if you dont have required components (CPU or GPU).

And if you to all that use your laptop for some others things you damaging your laptop a lot and it's not worth it.

I can only recommend you to stop mining with your laptop and to try to buy some GPU and start to build your own rig.

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

6 hours ago, Gclaw06 said:

You are  putting your  devices  into destruction it is not recommendable to use your laptop in mining yes it may cause excessive heat to your devices there is no way on keeping it cool but all you gonna do is to maintain the heat into  as low level. But i respect on what you are doing you just want to earn money. You need to put some extra fan to cool your device.

The laptop manufacturers need to make a laptop with a mesh bottom. That would get rid of the heat faster. I don't know why they close everything up like that, it's really strange.

Newer laptops have the same cooling issue, I hope it's something that will be fixed in the future. I can tell when my computer gets too hot because my screen freezes when it's mining. 

Mining by the notebook always requires your care, as it already has cooling limitations in normal use, a tip: keeping it always suspended, perhaps using notebook support with coolers may help, but mining for the notebook is always complicated.

The overheating happens because during mining your CPU usage is 100% and your processors are struggling which means they are working quite hard like when you run a graphically demanding game!

You have some solutions for the problem:

1 - You can use cool pads. You can buy one or even make one at home.

2 - If you can direct a cold air flow directly towards your laptop CPU, it does a better job at reducing temperature.

3 - You can go to control panel and adjust power management settings. If you enter advanced power settings, you will find processor power management. Click on it and set maximum processor state to 50%. This will make your laptop to run cooler but your mining power will decrease.

I suggest you use advanced mining tools and don't damage your laptop.

Edited by Brushless4500KV

I think you should use a high performance laptop. as you are saying about heating problem so i suggest you to use your pc at a free space so that the heated air can exit first then you can use cooling fan.

On 14.11.2019 at 05:22, on1k3n said:

I've been having a problem of keeping my laptop cool when I'm mining. 

omg dude, do you understand that mining on a laptop is still a perversion? But if you are serious, then first you need cool thermal grease, secondly you need external cooling at least, but it’s better to disassemble the laptop and use it without a case at all, while blowing it with a fan ...

You need to use an app fot temperature monitoring and fan management. If components temperatures exceed 70 deg C, something must be done. The most important measure is to blow the dust from (and into) the cooling inlets and outlets on the laptop regularly.

Edited by geezer

2 hours ago, Digicoin said:

Do not damage your computer.

You will damage your computer if you pour water on it or neglect maintainance. Also power surge may damage some components in power unit and it will stop working. Are you advising not to pour water on his computer, Digicoin?

in Mining Temperature is main issue which miners face .and that issue decrease our profit .the countries which have low electricity cost in those country mining is profitable .if in your country electricity rates are high than you have to pay expenses of electricity cost to make Cool your Mining Rigs and GPU

Just now, Digicoin said:

That mining is not good for CPU again.

So what is going to happen to our poor CPU? I bought a couple of CPUs just for mining. E1220 and FX8120. They are still intact.

2 minutes ago, Digicoin said:

The more computer works the more it might damage easily.

This is what computers are made for. Looks like you are not proficient in computers, you are afraid of them.

4 hours ago, Digicoin said:

what about mining with computer

Following parts of a computer can be used for mining: graphics boards, processors and disk drives. One can engage all of them at once. Provide adequate cooling and it will be alright.

Everyone knows that the function of CPU and GPU are to process the different types of data. But we should also know that mining is also the same . During mining, our CPU or GPU processes a  lot of complicated mathematical calculations with cryptographic hash and solve them. 

Next thing you should know is that NOT every CPU and GPU can perform each an every task. For example, the computer which are used in normal departmental store uses low speed CPU which may be fit for the work of that Departmental store, But the same computer cannot be used to play high end Games because those games requires high processing speed. 

Greed to earn more in less time may lead you to a great loss. You should know the capability of your computer's Processing capability and work according to it. Actually heating is not a problem. The problem is Overheating. So, to avoid Overheating you could consider the following points:

1) You should decrease the mining speed .

2) Don't try to mine continuously for whole day.  Try to give rest of 10 or 15 minutes to your CPU or GPU after its continuous use of 1 or 2 hours.

3)Use of external cooling system is a good idea but you should keep in mind  that your CPU or GPU should not be overloaded  to its extereme or high use 

This is really unnecessary mining with your laptop, i mean even if you used cooling pad. your laptop will still be overheating. at worse your laptop will end up broken.

29 minutes ago, Ritik Sah said:

Don't try to mine continuously for whole day.  Try to give rest of 10 or 15 minutes to your CPU or GPU after its continuous use of 1 or 2 hours.

Oh, really? Where did you get this? Have you heard about PPLNS payment scheme according to which you get full payment some time after you have started? I guess not, because you are another abuser of this forum's bitcoin pay-by-post campaign.

Sorry this is an old topic but I had to take word.
Do not use your laptop for mining, ever.. same with phones unless you want to fry it.
Laptops aren't designed for such workloads except maybe gaming laptops. If you want to mine something with your laptop just mine JSEcoin, as its resource consumption is bare minimum and wont cause any noticeable heat increase on your system.

but generally...
DO NOT MINE WITH LAPTOP!!

I don't recommand laptop mining. I try it few years ago and i lost my laptop, the graphic card burned. It's a good idea to add an AC like you said but i definitively do not reccomande laptop mining. I have a 8 gpu mining rig.

spacer.png

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

Mining with your PC is unquestionably not something suggest. I realize my workstation used to overheat just by utilizing it regularly so mining is much more terrible on the grounds that it utilizes a great deal of vitality and can harm your PC

I think you also need to increase your laptop fan settings. I also use a cooling pad to increase air circulation better. Don't use your CPU fully. Leave 1 thread for the other process.