Bitcoin should have bigger blocks! - Page 2 - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Bitcoin should have bigger blocks!

Bitcoin is designed as a big step towards making money safer and also functions as a form of protection against financial crime. Bitcoin must have a bigger block. As we already know, Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency built on the basis of a Blockchain, a Ledger (ledger) decentralized to all network nodes. This makes Bitcoin has various advantages, especially on the security side.

3 hours ago, hexwin said:

No, top coins are not with centralized mining like Bcash, and Bcash is not like BTC more then any other altcoin is. There are coins that are faster and better than BTC, but they all can be attacked from outside, and network can be crashed. That is the real danger. You can't do that for Ethereum and Bitcoin. 

I also have some Bcash, and it is faster, but they can not coexist only because Roger claims that Bcash is the real  Bitcoin non-stop and he is boring other people with that.

https://eng.ambcrypto.com/bitcoin-cash-encounters-problems-with-mining-as-single-miner-controls-50-hashrate/

In my oppinion the major strenght of BTC comes from the strenght of it's network... and this constitutes the "store of value" part... but recently I read something about Bitmain almost getting to be able to do the 51% attack on BTC when they complete their farms expansion plans in china (maybe this is not right as this was some time ago and I am a bit fuzzy about it)

Didn't know about the BCH issue, thanks for the article, nevertheless they conclude that this may be due to a shift in hashpower from BTC to BCH that initially would look like a consensus attack... the network of Bch is much smaller and some large BTC mining farms can make this kind of difference?

On 10/30/2019 at 2:08 AM, hexwin said:

I think Bitcoin BTC is the real Bitcoin, but block size is to small 1MB

We are now in almost 2020 and we need bigger blocks to solve some issues.

I don't want to use Bcash... I want BTC to increase block size.

What do you think about this? 

You need to talk directly to Satoshi for increase the size of each block, if possible more than ETH or USDT's block size. Adding a block size to bitcoin cannot be done just because you want to. Even though there are still many coins that are faster and cheaper, if you don't want to use BCH there is another altcoin, you are too forced your ego.

On 10/29/2019 at 3:08 PM, hexwin said:

I think that being the cryptocurrency model and genesis of the first blockchain, 1 mb was the main indication for the creation, it is still denoted as a crypto test but without so much to add originally it stayed like this, if it should be increased much more but already by defect has been like this, just be patient with the transactions.

On 10/29/2019 at 10:08 PM, hexwin said:

What's bitcoin blocks should be increased? Or you are just talking about mining bitcoin blocks! And what's the advantage if they'd be increased.

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

• Bitcoin should have a bigger block. As in the future it's going to be more and more wide .So for it users it should have a bigger block. So that it can be easier for them to mine more and more BTC. 
  • As we know that it has 1 mb so it can be wider to the range that they their block should be easier to access.

We must have more power to work with bigger blocks. With bigger blocks we can solve some important problems, but we will use more electricities and spend more money. Not all ready to do this.

On 10/30/2019 at 12:08 AM, hexwin said:

BTC system is running on Satoshi  programming now and its quit good working.If we increase block then it will be profitable for miners but  not gonna good for supply.It will decrease supply of BTC.

On 10/29/2019 at 7:08 PM, hexwin said:

Can block size be expanded? If possible why Bitcoin programmers do not do that, they certainly have their own opinion, and if expansion of block size is better for bitcoin network they may do so soon.

On 10/29/2019 at 11:09 PM, hexwin said:

Maybe, but how long are we going to keep this 1MB block size?  Forever maybe?
I don't know the real reason as Satoshi himself wanted to change block size in future also.

If BTC really picks up, then the small block size will become a serious issue indeed. I mean, a transaction can only be done as soon as there is a block to fit it in. So if the transaction volume increases, but the block size and the block mining rate does not, then the pressure on each block is going to be huge.

I see that (resulting long transaction times) as an obstacle for the future indeed.

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

Increasing the size of blocks may have some advantages but I think it can cause a disadvantage too because if the blocks get bigger, it can contain more information about transactions and this means the number of blocks will decrease over time. As you know, the high number of blocks which are connected to each other as a chain is a contributing factor to bitcoin's safety. So, reducing the number of connected blocks may have a negative effect on bitcoin's safety because manipulating less blocks is easier and takes less time.

But this is not possible for there to be more blocks in Bitcoin and I think Bitcoin will improve its performance after the next split

THINK POSITIVE

Bitcoin is high value and it has a volume limit. A lot of people are concerned that this amount of bitcoin being mined will disappear, but I think bitcoin will exist in a different way. and because of the weight limit, it's the most valuable.

This is a mining debate because the mass and mass chain blocks that are put on the market all belong to the way miners work and they must always change their method of modifying the block chain. I agree with you about the importance of having larger blocks

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

1 hour ago, DoboniAyuuii said:

No, bitcoin do not need bigger blocks, that is why they created bitcoin gold, diamond, cash and sv, they also created lightning network for this issue of scaling. 

But the lightning network is only a temporary solution. I really think the block size needs to be increased ultimately, if you want to avoid ever longer (or/and more expensive) transactions.

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

Thank you for sharing this discussion through your topic, It seems interesting for many members to know about how it works the blocks, also I think this topic will be ideal if you introduce it in the Miner section.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

I'm not sure but the block size doesn't seem to be under our control. Of course I like bigger blocks. but I think I cannot modify or update its size. The one who has enough power to act is the founder or developer. perhaps for that reason bitcoin gold and bitcoin cash were born.

On 10/29/2019 at 8:08 PM, hexwin said:

that would be great although this very size was setup with the bitcoin at its very initial start up for some certain reasons, changing this block size needs to have a cojent reasons, and desperate need so as not to implicate the demand and supply of the bitcoin. 

This is a conversation that has been discussed a lot in the Bitcoin community, but never reached consensus. I remember reading about 8mb blocks and doubling this every four years and how it would help in reaching a hundred thousand transactions per second inside the blockchain. Also the Lightning was into consideration and it seems they've decided to move forward with this instead and leave block up to 1mb. The reason blocks stay at 1mb has to do with cost and centralization issues that might occur if block size increases.

This is a controversial discussion. Some people believe that Satoshi Nakamoto limited bitcoin block size to 1 MB because he wanted to prevent hackers from loading bitcoin network with lots of big blocks that contain nothing but fake transactions. Others believe bigger blocks will increase the costs of operating nodes because the cost of bandwidth for downloading and uploading blocks will raise. Bigger blocks are in favor of bigger miners because they can find the next block faster. This will reduce the profitability of mining for smaller miners. So, it seems that big blocks threaten bitcoin's security.

personally i too have started to have this thought of beliving that adding just a little more blocks to the bitcoin and also adding a little bit of more supply of bitcoin in cyculation will help ease things, I but it might corrupt the system, and the valuance of the bitcoin. 

4 minutes ago, Strangernew1 said:

I'm not sure if the block size now can be modified. This is how bitcoin were designed pretty much decentralized so i don't think if any changes can be made in the bitcoin. 

well besides if the blocks gets modified, people won't really have the same old valued look towards the bitcoin again it would rather become just another fake currency because it changed its originality,.

4 minutes ago, Strangernew1 said:

Yes because people like it because no one have the control over it. It works on its own and changes can't be made in it. Which is why it should stay as it was designed by its creator. 

yeah it would rather now look like the bitcoin systems have become exploited and manipulated, this will drive fear into the hearts of people and take away thier trust because the securness the bitcoin claim to have will no longer be seen, and no one would want to risk

15 hours ago, GanDuba said:

This even cause many bitcoin forks to excuse because this has became an argument in bitcoin community, but it was not solved than bitcoin having another fork. 

Yeah this is the very same thing we all have being trying to make clear, that making a y bit of adjustment even just a tinny one could lead to corrupting the bitcoin, in a way that peole would lose trust of it and the bitcoin also losing value in the block chain. 

This is not possible nor can there be an increase in mass and I think the matter will improve with every split in Bitcoin

Life is great and enjoy it