About a locked topic. - Page 2 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Moontong

About a locked topic.

3 hours ago, Mcd0d0 said:

Well, some topics are being locked because they're requesting it to the moderators, like my friend here, he created a topic and when someone who is actually answer his questions, he messaged the mods here to request to locked his topic and the mods are actually locked it.

Thanks for sharing this information, I haven't tried messaging our moderators here, which is somehow related to my number 1 reason which is when they asked a question through creating it as a topic, and then once there is already answered about it, the mods will not lock it.

• -5 1
  • +2 1

topics that are closed for publication are those that have a high quality of information, as deleting them will be considered a great loss, along with repetition of questions on the topic 

• -5 1
  • +1 1

19 hours ago, Moontong said:

which is somehow related to my number 1 reason which is when they asked a question through creating it as a topic, and then once there is already answered about it, the mods will not lock it.

Yes mate, locking our topic here is important too because most of the topics here are already answered by the other members here and it's still exists and the tendency is the answer in that topic is now being overloaded.

• +2 1

thanks for sharing this with us mate. this is one of the information we should know as a beginner that before we make the content we should do some browse if we have the same topic ideas to other member or the content is already existing to avoid having a locked or deleted post

• +3 2

20 minutes ago, Amaya said:

thanks for sharing this with us mate. this is one of the information we should know as a beginner that before we make the content we should do some browse if we have the same topic ideas to other member or the content is already existing to avoid having a locked or deleted post

Well said, most of the beginners don't know things about it. It's better for them to know this information to avoid having a locked and deleted topic. It would be a waste of your time once you get a ddeleted topic, a locked topic is still okay because it will still count.

Locked topics are simply a way to tell you that there is no more engagement and this is a good thing since one must be able to understand what are some of the best ways to really define your work the right idea right now is ti increase a good process of choice and development

On 8/14/2020 at 12:31 AM, Moontong said:

I have topics that have been locked, maybe 4 to 5 topics I think. Can we discuss here what would be the basis of our moderators of locking our topics? I have here some reason that I notice why some of my topics get locked. 

1. If you are asking a question and someone responds to it or they already answered your questions.

2. You opened a good old topic but it is not needed anymore for our current time.

3. There are already existing topics the same to yours but it has already many responses.

I am not sure with thoses reasons because its just my personal opinion based on what I have noticed. If you know some more, lets talk about it. Its better to have locked topic than having deleted one. Happy posting😊.

commonly it would be many people are having low quality or it could be old/not so useful info anymore 

• -1 1

Yes. This is good strategy but still there are more topics which should be locked. Admins are doing great work but i see many post where someone ask any question about 6 month ago and members are still replying. 

On 8/14/2020 at 1:16 PM, Moontong said:

1. If you are asking a question and someone responds to it or they already answered your questions.

2. You opened a good old topic but it is not needed anymore for our current time.

3. There are already existing topics the same to yours but it has already many responses.

I think the first one is the reason because due to a lot of replies we can find which is correct solutions. So, moderators lock that topic and don't want to extend them long for discussion. For third reasons, I think they will directly delete that post because they hate plagiarism. 

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

There is nothing that's we can do in the locked topics more than reading what's others were discussed before the topic were getting locked. 

On 8/25/2020 at 10:35 PM, decemberends said:

commonly it would be many people are having low quality or it could be old/not so useful info anymore 

Posts that are not useful are meant to be deleted including those low quality, it deserves to be deleted instead of locking it. I also sent to remind you that you need to reach 100 characters for every post you have, happy posting. 

Some topics are closed when the questions asked are answered, or when no new information can be presented in posts, or when the responses become redundant and useless. What is important is that the questions raised in the subject were answered and achieved benefit for all

I also noticed locked topics I think the reason will fall among one of the aforementioned reasons mentioned above but I don't know the reason why they didn't delete it rather they locked it but I thought deleting and locking the topics is quite thesame thing because you still don't have access to view it.

I also have some locked topics and at the moment I still don't know why they are locked or maybe they are not worth of some contributions from other members  however it's good to have them around than if they where deleted.

• +1 1

On 8/14/2020 at 6:34 PM, Honny143 said:

Everyone knows in this forum similar topics not accept moderators deleted this type topics, but some similar topics 5 to 6 reply later locked still I didn't understand perfect reason, why moderators not deleted these topics, I think moderators gives perfect answer about this question.

i think moderators think that these topics have some important information about any kind and new users need that information also if some one search on google about crypto currency then this post will appears .

On 8/14/2020 at 7:34 PM, Honny143 said:

Everyone knows in this forum similar topics not accept moderators deleted this type topics, but some similar topics 5 to 6 reply later locked still I didn't understand perfect reason, why moderators not deleted these topics, I think moderators gives perfect answer about this question.

@Honny143sometime locked topic can be better than delete the topic my Friend.. Lets explain about it,you said the moderator should locked the topic of 6 replies but i think its not necessary because the moderator want no mistake again like when the member create the topic when migh search About the topic information and without any doubt he didnt find the information so later when he create the topic and get Information, the moderator thought its time to Lock the topic not delete as the topic also important                                   

• +1 1

Yes I see from the start that there are many lock topics and yet I don't have idea about these what's meaning of that topic and also I didn't comment on that topic because I don't know so that's why I'm here to solve my problem and it's essentially to have more knowledge about this forum..

• Useful or interesting 3

I have seen and read many locked topic but I am not know the reason and it can become because the forum thinks that this topic is disgussed a lot and we are not need more but I will like it if they open some that are good post and allow commentary on them.

• Useful or interesting 2

16 hours ago, Mella said:

have seen and read many locked topic but I am not know the reason a

@Mella  there has two reason why topic get locked after a day or after a hour... If you create a topic for a problem  and few minute later you get the answer then your topic will be locked as the topic About YOUR account problem not others Problem.. I said this because i have faced the problem of Lock my topic too    ... Again,         Suppose you create a topic where use the feature of poll vote and give time one day then you open the feature of Locked Topic so one day later the post will be automatically locked..           

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

I have no knowledge about a topic is getting locked but in my opinion it could be because that topic would lead to a great debate or it may be a duplication of post.

The moderators remove inappropriate posts or those in violation of the terms of the forum, as well as duplicate or old posts.  Therefore, before you write about a specific thing, you should check whether a member has already published on the topic.  Let your post be easy to understand and useful.

these reasons are true since i have experience with this before , when your topic is a question about something and doesn't need to be answered more than once gets locked , and same goes for old topics that has got more than enough responses and their ideas can't be discussed anymore

• +1 1

I think that you covered all the reasons for the topic lock and maybe there is another one that can be the post has many spam answers and the moderators want to stop the spam from continue, protect the post and remove all the spam messages to unlock again the topic after they finish.