Is there an etiquette on what situations dislike button should be used? - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
rekter

Is there an etiquette on what situations dislike button should be used?

I myself haven't seen an official consensus on how exactly how people should use these.

image.png.e172828dc34d1f6a175913f7ec9eb49c.png

It's pretty easy to justify the use of likes, everyone seems to like them and people are giving them away like a candy, and no one bats an eye if it's given for a good reason or not. Does that devalue them? I think so, as if they had value in the first place because they are just magic internet points that don't matter. Not yet anyway. 

Dislikes:

image.png.eb3f159e733a53bd0b33c6db711722db.png

And then there are dislikes. These act as an anti-reputation. And almost no one doesn't seem to give one for a bad post. Why is that? Is it because it's hard for us to suddenly know what determines a bad post, even though we know how to give likes to good posts? So my question is, what are they for? Punishing people for bad quality? It works only we want more quality as a group and dislike everything that doesn't contribute to forum. And people get angry if you give them. Why does giving them suddenly matter more then giving likes? We don't have to justify giving likes, so why do we need to justify dislikes?

Picture itself says that it can be given for a spam, but there's already report spam button so i am not sure why should be use dislikes instead of this?

image.png.086d0a8638fe8393d57c810f21700eb9.png

Edited by rekter
typo
  • Useful or interesting 16
  • +1 8
  • +2 6
  • +3 4
  • +4 5
  • +5 4

I think giving a bad reputation we can base it to our knowledge or it can be subjective. If we know he/she giving wrong information or his or her opinion is definitely far from the topic i think we can give the bad reputation. 

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 3
  • +2 2

When giving good or negative reputations, we must always remove our affection from the subject or the person who published the topic, and we must give the good reputation to the members who deserve it, to encourage them to always publish good topics.

3 minutes ago, rezzougali1985 said:

The using of dislike boutton is use only to express your opinion of agreement with the topic not for report and there is a boutton for the report witch is on the right of topic and its very useful because we can help moderators on their work

So, are you saying that i could use "bad post" button if i disagree with the topic? Ok, but disagreeing with someone doesn't yet mean that topic quality is bad. It's a matter of opinion.

• Useful or interesting 5
  • +1 1

2 hours ago, rekter said:

And then there are dislikes. These act as an anti-reputation. And almost no one doesn't seem to give one for a bad post. Why is that? Is it because it's hard for us to suddenly know what determines a bad post, even though we know how to give likes to good posts? So my question is, what are they for? Punishing people for bad quality? It works only we want more quality as a group and dislike everything that doesn't contribute to forum. And people get angry if you give them. Why does giving them suddenly matter more then giving likes? We don't have to justify giving likes, so why do we need to justify dislikes?

Actually there is no such bad post unless the post is scam or bad words and also copy pasts, we usually give this for such things, to let them know that there post is against the rules, and i hope we do;t give this based on personal arguments and misunderstanding, i see members give sad reactions for posts because they don't agree with the idea, but that's not for, it should be used for only posts against the rules.

• +2 1

1 hour ago, betelihem said:

Actually there is no such bad post unless the post is scam or bad words and also copy pasts, we usually give this for such things, to let them know that there post is against the rules, and i hope we do;t give this based on personal arguments and misunderstanding, i see members give sad reactions for posts because they don't agree with the idea, but that's not for, it should be used for only posts against the rules.

Ok, then what is it for then? If the post is against rules we can just report them in private, there's no use for "bad post" button.

1 hour ago, deboprotap said:

In post recation button there are two reactions one is love another is sad.If you do not agree or if you think the post is not valuable for you.Then you can use sad reaction to that post.But post reporting button is different,you can find that in upper right side corner.Only use report post if you are sure that the post is spam.

I just responded to your point before you posted. But so you wouldn't mind if i gave your post a bad post reputation just because i disagreed with it?

• +1 2
  • +2 1

38 minutes ago, rekter said:

Ok, then what is it for then? If the post is against rules we can just report them in private, there's no use for "bad post" button

I mentioned it on the comments, i use it for members when the violets the rules, only for teach them, i believe in second chance so some members do mistakes without knowing the rules so i sad react them then tell them that its against the rules, in this way they can change it, i use reports for scammers they don't need second chance,

• +1 1
  • +2 3

34 minutes ago, betelihem said:

I mentioned it on the comments, i use it for members when the violets the rules, only for teach them, i believe in second chance so some members do mistakes without knowing the rules so i sad react them then tell them that its against the rules, in this way they can change it, i use reports for scammers they don't need second chance,

I could just respond them that they are acting against the rules, there's no need for bad post button for that, i've done that aready numerous of times. If people don't fix their posts, i'll just report them. I tried to use bad post button long time ago with the explanations, but all that gave me was revenge dislikes.

• +2 1

The dislike button should be used when posting topics that are not related to the forum or the published content contains bad phrases towards a member or another topic.

• Useful or interesting 1

Report button is totally different from the reputation button.

Report will give a notification to the Admins / Moderators so they can check the topic theirselves.

On the other hand reputation system is given by the Users with their own personal opinion feedback and to reward the OPs with a good or bad incentive.

So you should use each one according with what you want to achieve.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

The Best Auto Faucet with levels - Highest Paying:

https://firefaucet.win/

The Best Auto Faucets with no minimum withdraw amount to ExpressCrypto!

https://autofaucet.dutchycorp.space/ | https://autofaucet.org/   |   https://autoclaim.in/   |   https://autobitco.in/

A dislike does not explain why someone gave it. It should always be accompanied by an explanation unless it is already obvious that the original post was total garbage.

Sometimes a like given to a post, should have an explanation as well, especially if it is given to one of the posts that are total garbage. I've given many likes, only to encourage the original poster to become better and keep writing. Sometimes the posts didn't deserve my positive reaction, but I always give reasoning on my reply. 

About the negative reactions I can only give them to someone that was dishonest, spamming or cheating. I can't give a negative reaction to a post that the original poster at least tried to make sense and gave an opinion, an idea, asked a question etc. I also think that dislikes shouldn't be an option on any platform. Social media and most forums don't have them for a good reason. They usually create unnecessary friction between members as it is this case as well.

Well explained, we should use both of the reactions good and bad to give reputations to each topic according to how it is. If we will read a meaningful and helpful topic we should give good reputation to encourage the topic writer. We can also give bad reputations to remind the topic write that they have write a topic with mistakes or a meaningless topic.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +2 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

It's little bit between reporting people and giving dislike to the post ,i never give a dislike only if i have some dirty words ,but in general dislike is fr the post and not for the person 

• +2 1

I think everyone knows very well where to use the like button but many of them are using it for purposeless or you can say for taking revenge from any person but now peoples are knowing the value of likes and they are giving only the deserving post that's very appreciating and I think giving appreciation to the post that are really valuable.

• +2 1

14 hours ago, Zaino34 said:

When giving good or negative reputations, we must always remove our affection from the subject or the person who published the topic, and we must give the good reputation to the members who deserve it, to encourage them to always publish good topics.

Well, this is actually true mate because many members here are just abusing this reputation by creating a topic about from it, they're saying that give them some reputations because it's free even though their topic is useless.

• +1 1

If the topic or posts that we do not like, we are free to give bad reputation but we have to very careful before giving such sort of reputations. If the post or topic is not deserving the bad reputation, it will make us the perfect candidate to receive warning points. 

• +2 2

19 hours ago, marchal87 said:

The dislike button should be used when posting topics that are not related to the forum or the published content contains bad phrases towards a member or another topic.

But wouldn't this be a job for a report button instead?

7 hours ago, Whited35 said:

If the topic or posts that we do not like, we are free to give bad reputation 

18 hours ago, DreamStage said:

On the other hand reputation system is given by the Users with their own personal opinion feedback and to reward the OPs with a good or bad incentive.

@Whited35, @DreamStage, so do you think that it's purely matter of taste if we want to give dislikes or not? This brings me to another question: Is there a thing like "unjustified dislike" or should all of them (likes and dislikes) to be accepted as equally valid, without a a need to explain the reasoning why we are giving them?

I think it is easier to give a positive reputation to any topic than to give a negative reputation, because you should not give a negative reputation unless you are sure that this topic is bad and can be classified as spam and you must give an explanation that justifies giving you this bad reputation

• +1 1

22 hours ago, rekter said:

I could just respond them that they are acting against the rules, there's no need for bad post button for that, i've done that aready numerous of times. If people don't fix their posts, i'll just report them. I tried to use bad post button long time ago with the explanations, but all that gave me was revenge dislikes.

Yeah, is obvious that members will  revenge after you report them even when you give sad reaction to them then they will give sad reaction also as a revenge, i get sad reaction for telling some one that his post was already created and let him know that if moderates found that i will get warning points and he sad react me,hos funny is that.      

• +1 1

It is pretty clear my friend. I have seen a lot of comments getting dislikes like "Thanks" or "You are welcome". These comments are considered spam.

• +2 1

It is very bad that we use emotion inside the forum because there are many troublesome people who deserve a bad reputation and if we do not warn them and give them this reputation they will continue to annoy other members and they will write a large number of random posts and we must focus on giving good reputation points to all useful posts

• +1 1

These various option can be define as different choices we made  on comments where an expert sees your comment as a spammer and scale your comment.On other hand  new comers like your  comments because they understand it and find simple for them.The developer made these options for us to use them carefully if we miss use them its our wrong deed where the developer can't be blame .We need maturity here so can make valid choices .

• +1 1

Here on this forum mostly members use only like button. If someone find the post is useful then he gives good reputation and if he found post is not good he didn't give bad reputation. Members give bad reputation at that time when they found post is spam or useless.

• +1 1

Personally I always use the power of my reaction according to the subject I do not fix who uploaded it only I see that if the subject is good I react in a positive way and if in useless quite the opposite 

Every person have different perspective and every person differ on how they assess a post if it is need to be given a like or a bad reputation. But you are right why other people should give a equivalent rating if it is a bad post we should give it an bad reputation for the people will improve themselves more to create a good content. As well as in giving good reputation this will give the people to constantly create a good and useful post.

• +2 1
  • +3 1