Is there an etiquette on what situations dislike button should be used? - Page 3 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
rekter

Is there an etiquette on what situations dislike button should be used?

My friend, I noticed that there are some members complaining about getting a bad reputation.
So I think there are some members who are abusing the reputation feature.
And reputational oversight should also be given.

On 7/30/2020 at 7:24 PM, Teminali69 said:

you can not give bad reputation to a post just because they do not agree with the idea or opinion that seems to be good for others

You are right there. An opinion is something that even if we disagree we can always give a thumbs up or not react at all. Basicaly even if someone makes a few mistakes or misunderstands a term I don't give negative reaction. Although sometimes there are cheaters and making posts that make no sense. These certainly deserve negative reaction. I can't say why someone will give negative reaction but I guess that some people might not enjoy comments that just agree with the post and fill the minimum 100 characters to get 10 TALK with low effort. I still do not give negative reaction to these but perhaps they deserve it.

• +4 1

On 8/11/2020 at 7:32 PM, BTC Future said:

You are right there. An opinion is something that even if we disagree we can always give a thumbs up or not react at all. Basicaly even if someone makes a few mistakes or misunderstands a term I don't give negative reaction. Although sometimes there are cheaters and making posts that make no sense. These certainly deserve negative reaction. I can't say why someone will give negative reaction but I guess that some people might not enjoy comments that just agree with the post and fill the minimum 100 characters to get 10 TALK with low effort. I still do not give negative reaction to these but perhaps they deserve it.

I think the administration should create a guideline concerning reactions, what kind of topics deserves a negative or positive reaction because many people are ignorant about this, costing others undeserving negative reactions or sometimes giving positive reactions to useless topics.

• +1 1

I think we can used the dislike button to express that the information the person is trying to delivered or pass to people is wrong or not correct or It is just a Spam post.

• Useful or interesting 1

BetFury                                                    

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   

The dislike button can be used for different reason.. Such as if a members copy others post then he deserve to get dislike react.. Also if he make any useless post then he will received the dislike button.. Its help to realizing them that they done mistake while create topic or DOING comments..                   

• +1 2

Giving reputations to any given post is subjected to the evaluation carried by you, when you read the contents. Two things must occurred either should be of positive or negative. As such you are expected to give the deserve reputations, if it warrant to give negative, you give it base on order. Vice versal

• +1 1
  • +2 1

The new system of payment earlier stated that payment will be made in both satoshi and talk token it they also said that only the post that have positive reputation will be eligible for payment in BTC and i think that is good because it will make many members more serious than before but i will also warn some members give this rating wisely to those who deserve it because the moderators will be watching that actions and anyone who violate the rule and give to who doesn't deserve shall be punished.

Edited by Projectcrypto
Mistake.
  • +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Giving positive reaction or negative reaction are mean for only members that deserved to be given and i will strictly advise us to remove any affection in this aspect because the current payment system say that only post that receive a rating will be paid and some members are not helping matters since you will now see some post that doesn't deserve to be given positive rating are being given and post that deserved to be given positive rating are not given.

On 5/30/2020 at 2:28 PM, George10 said:

Like and dislike features are meant for us to give our opinions based on the quality of the post either we like it or not and most of the times we get annoyed when we receive dislike reactions to our posts because it ruins our reputation in the forum but it also helpful on encouraging us to improve in our work and if its a spam post we can use the dislike reaction and report the post,I think this way can be better.

If we like any topic  then we gives likes because we agree that topic content, but some times we don't agree that topic creators thoughts so we gives dislikes, its not mean the topic considered as spam, its just our opinion to show through this like are dislikes, but if any topic contain total useless material then we report that post, spam topic and disliked topic between little bit difference.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1

12 minutes ago, Honny143 said:

If we like any topic  then we gives likes because we agree that topic content, but some times we don't agree that topic creators thoughts so we gives dislikes, its not mean the topic considered as spam, its just our opinion to show through this like are dislikes, but if any topic contain total useless material then we report that post, spam topic and disliked topic between little bit difference.

I understand your point of view regarding this matter on spam post and disliked ones and the truth is that they are both given a bad reaction.

Well over all these rating systems created mostly to reduce the amount of spams in the forum and since moderators can not possibly view every single post it is for members to make it right and give the posts the rating they deserve, so the important thing about these ratings is that specially negative rating only should be used when you think somebody is spamming or maybe spreading rumor or misinformation and in no way should it be used against someone if they disagree with you on a subject or for revenge on a matter.

With all that being said I think this new rating system is a way better rating system than the old one that you had only two choice in terms of giving out rating and it is more fair that way for those that try hard to make high quality posts in the forum. 

• +3 1

I think this bad reputation was only given to topics or comments that are not relevant to subject of the forum, and it also serve as a remind to he/she who wrote the post or comment to correct his/her mistakes, to avoid warn from moderators.

I don't see the image of the sad face for the spam or bad post. Is it a problem of my broser perhaps or was it removed. It is funny face. About giving neg reaction I am not exactly sure what it does but to get a payment in a post someone will need to have a total positive or reactions given to him to earn 1000 satoshi for the post. If a post is awful and spam it deserves negative.

Likes given to each posts should be purely based on the content of the post and not on any other personal reasons. This way good quality contents can be promoted and contents that are not upto the mark can be encouraged to work for more improvements. 

When we see a good quality post we can give it likes, so that it becomes popular among the members of the forum. If there are spam posts or anything we can also give it a dislike.  By seeing the number of likes a post has we can know how much of a quality content is in that post.

2 hours ago, eliottalderosn said:

I had the same question but couldn't get an answer to it. I told my self that during my time here I will find the answer. Finally you asked it !

Even though I'm a beginner, I found two or three posts that I didn't find helpful, but I couldn't decide what to do, there was a few amount of positive rates so I thought the problem was me. I ended up not giving any rate to it.

This topic could really give us a hint on how to deal with having a bad feeling towards a post when there is a good amount of positivity on it.

Since you are new here i must point out that things have changed quite a lot since i posted this. Earlier system was that the post is either good bad or neutral. There weren't no different levels to it so it was way more harsh.

But the same question still applies i guess. And you won't do anyhing wrong by downvoting bad quality, earlier upvotes you see could be done by bots for all we know.

But there's of course a differece on downvoting something that's just gibberish and nonsese versus downvoting something one doesn't understand because lack of knowledge, making it seem gibberish or nonsense.

These days i upvote meaningful topics that are not repetative, that are not written in broken english. 

And helpful posts, or posts with a goor grammar that give something new into the conversation. 

Edited by rekter
missed a word
  • +4 2
  • +5 1

The like we give to every member is an achievement and motivation for them to work and research more about that topic. We should only give postive like to those people who are eligible for or else you are making there post worst and worst. I never uses negative likes which would be making them feel bad.

I am thinking about this a lot too and I do not give a lot of dislikes perhaps I do not give any I do not remember. It is something we have to use for me when some one is making very bad post that is spam or that is against the rules. The negative mean this to me. Perhaps some member want to give to member that do not have knowledge but it is more help to reply to them and explain why they are wrong or what is the problem with the post they are make.

• +2 1

15 hours ago, Mella said:

I am thinking about this a lot too and I do not give a lot of dislikes perhaps I do not give any I do not remember. It is something we have to use for me when some one is making very bad post that is spam or that is against the rules. The negative mean this to me. Perhaps some member want to give to member that do not have knowledge but it is more help to reply to them and explain why they are wrong or what is the problem with the post they are make.

@Mella you should do your duty for this forum because this forum give us rule that if any member make useless post then just give the negative react so you also must give negative react but after put react, you must mentioned the member in your post and explain him clearly about his mistake Becuase its our duty Friend.. Hope you understand               

Yes every forum defines in its policies & terms that when to use like or dislike button. The global rule is that the relative & helpful content gets the like & irrelevent content must be given the negative reputation so that visitor could classify the helpful content easily.

• +3 1

Whenever providing great or even damaging reputations, we should usually get rid of the love in the topic or even the one who released the subject, as well as we should provide a great status towards the people that should have this, in order to cause them to become usually submit great subjects.

you have just explained the most basic stuff of the forum I feel like most of the members might already know what these things do but it's good that you are helping out , the extremely new member by posting basic topic.

I give negative ratings to the post if it has a copy and paste content, I have seen twice in this forum they only copy the argument of the owner of the topic so for the betterment of the forum and to know their mistake I gave them negative ratings. Don't give negative ratings to the post that you are not favor in or against your beliefs since we have different opinion and perspective in life.

It is at each person's discretion, if you know that a topic does not fit in that section or is far from talking about what it should, you could give it a negative rating, but that is at each person's discretion whether to do so or not.

I think that this depends on each reader on how they want to label the posts they read, but in my personal opinion if you think that a publication is not so good you can give it a low score but not negative because I think everyone strives to give their best.