Is there an etiquette on what situations dislike button should be used? - Page 4 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
rekter

Is there an etiquette on what situations dislike button should be used?

Unfortunately, some former senior members see the new members as trolls.
they believe new members are making bullshit here for airdrop missions.
That's why he gives a negative rating to new members' comments.
There are some things they are right about.
For example, I made a comment on coronavirus and btc.
There were also new members commenting on the post on the same topic.
comments: "hello" "thanks yobit" "yobit super" "yobit is great".
Although I did not make such comments, I got a negative score. This is a wrong behavior.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +5 1

56 minutes ago, setralin said:

Unfortunately, some former senior members see the new members as trolls.
they believe new members are making bullshit here for airdrop missions.
That's why he gives a negative rating to new members' comments.
There are some things they are right about.
For example, I made a comment on coronavirus and btc.
There were also new members commenting on the post on the same topic.
comments: "hello" "thanks yobit" "yobit super" "yobit is great".
Although I did not make such comments, I got a negative score. This is a wrong behavior.

You are correct, but what you have to understand is this was an old topic with an old problem and we had things were pretty much under control before this airdrop happened. We were only fighting copy paste and bots anymore. Negative rates don't surprise me, but honestly right now we wouldn't even have enough negative rates to give daily to combat this spam. Luckily there's a report button.

Low quality posts aren't even the only thing we are dealing with. Now we have to fighting against people who are not writing English in English section, there's more copy paste then ever and every new topic i see has more rule violations then good posts. They will get removed eventually but this takes time. And most of these people probably leave after the airdrop is done. Most of them won't get anything because they will be banned before it.

You should care about this too, because every user that is breaking forum rules but still gets paid, dilutes the value of the airdrop (and talk tokens) by adding more tokens to the circulating supply.

And obviously these spammers lower the quality of the forum. That's what the rules are for, raising the quality.

• +2 1

1 hour ago, rekter said:

Haklısınız, ancak anlamanız gereken şey, bu eski bir konuydu ve bu eski bir problemdi ve bu airdrop gerçekleşmeden önce her şeyin kontrolümüz altında olduğu. Artık sadece kopyala yapıştır ve botlarla savaşıyorduk. Negatif oranlar beni şaşırtmıyor, ama dürüst olmak gerekirse şu anda bu spam ile mücadele etmek için günlük olarak verebileceğimiz yeterli negatif oranımız bile olmayacak. Neyse ki bir rapor düğmesi var.

Düşük kaliteli gönderiler, uğraştığımız tek şey bile değil. Şimdi İngilizce bölümünde İngilizce yazmayanlara karşı savaşmalıyız, her zamankinden daha fazla kopyala yapıştır var ve gördüğüm her yeni konu iyi gönderilerden daha fazla kural ihlaline sahip. Sonunda kaldırılacaklar ama bu zaman alır. Ve bu insanların çoğu muhtemelen airdrop bittikten sonra ayrılıyor. Birçoğu hiçbir şey alamayacak çünkü ondan önce yasaklanacaklar.

Bunu da önemsemelisiniz, çünkü forum kurallarını çiğneyen ancak yine de ödeme alan her kullanıcı, dolaşımdaki arza daha fazla token ekleyerek airdrop'un (ve konuşma tokenlerinin) değerini azaltır.

Ve belli ki bu spam gönderenler forumun kalitesini düşürüyor. Kurallar bunun için, kaliteyi yükseltmek.

I agree you.
I am also trying to airdrop.
While doing this I try not to pollute the forum.
It would be bad if other new members who do bullshit, copy-paste for speech tokens get rewards. This angers me the most.

• +5 1

Of course this is an option for every user, however the forum will remove your post, when you put a post in the wrong section (which is not focused on that topic

I don't have this button but it is probably something old and not used today. I am giving negative reactions for some reasons that I can justify always and they are of course spam that is unreasonable and can't be denied by the member. I've seen comments lately like: comment 55, post 25, yes, no, maybe and many more that are only spam and made like that on purpose to exploit the system. These are not mistakes so they deserve dislike and report too. Then there are more that can given dislike and on the talk campaign instructions the forum administration has given many examples.

• +2 1

On 5/24/2020 at 5:39 AM, rekter said:

I myself haven't seen an official consensus on how exactly how people should use these.

image.png.e172828dc34d1f6a175913f7ec9eb49c.png

It's pretty easy to justify the use of likes, everyone seems to like them and people are giving them away like a candy, and no one bats an eye if it's given for a good reason or not. Does that devalue them? I think so, as if they had value in the first place because they are just magic internet points that don't matter. Not yet anyway. 

Dislikes:

image.png.eb3f159e733a53bd0b33c6db711722db.png

And then there are dislikes. These act as an anti-reputation. And almost no one doesn't seem to give one for a bad post. Why is that? Is it because it's hard for us to suddenly know what determines a bad post, even though we know how to give likes to good posts? So my question is, what are they for? Punishing people for bad quality? It works only we want more quality as a group and dislike everything that doesn't contribute to forum. And people get angry if you give them. Why does giving them suddenly matter more then giving likes? We don't have to justify giving likes, so why do we need to justify dislikes?

Picture itself says that it can be given for a spam, but there's already report spam button so i am not sure why should be use dislikes instead of this?

image.png.086d0a8638fe8393d57c810f21700eb9.png

Personally I use a lot of likes with content that contributes to my knowledge or doubts and I let users know that I am grateful using this tool, however when I see content that I do not like or do not share any opinion with someone I do not always put dislikes as it generates a bad reputation also will make the person more commented on the other hand if no reaction is generated the user will remain anonymous.

• +5 1

Is there a label on which situations the dislike button should be used?
Excellent question friend, but in my opinion those contributions that are irrelevant to the subject, that seek to do SPAM, or that seek to gain referrals where they should not be earned, would apply to use that button. In addition, there are situations of reproach with verbal aggressions, these types of situations must also activate that button.

My friend, for me, I give topics with good content, positive reputations, and topics with bad content, negative reputations.
I noticed that most of your posts are of good content, so I give you a good reputation and I hope to continue providing the best content in this forum.

Negative reaction to spam yes but some spammer are making it hard to recognize them. I think that a small post that is not explaining something or continue from where the post stopped but only talks about the same that the title is saying is spam. I could answer to this post like this:

"Yes my dear friends I agree that there should be an etiquette on the situations the dislike button should be used and I'm very happy you brought this subject up."

This is spam and deserves dislike.

• +1 1

I don't see this spam button on my buttons but it probably means it was removed and changed with what I see now. I like the system of giving ratings and the dislikes or negative points mean that some posts are bad. I give only to the really bad posts because it will help the members know they made mistakes that are unforgivable. Also it will mean that 

It all depends on the opinion of each one, it is true that sometimes we base those negative answers because the publication does not comply with the rules of the forum or the topic they are publishing does not have coherence or relevance within the forum, so you have to have a lot be careful with what is published so as not to do things wrong and they give you negative points

• +1 1

If we consider the blockchain technology used in bitcoin, if the information about the exchange of money is carried on the blocks, the accuracy of each transaction is provided by the problem-solving miners to earn "bitcoins". Thus, the accuracy of the process is confirmed.

• -1 1

يمكنني فقط الرد عليهم بأنهم يتصرفون ضد القواعد ، ولا داعي لزر النشر السيئ لذلك ، لقد فعلت ذلك عدة مرات. إذا لم يصلح الأشخاص منشوراتهم ، فسأبلغهم فقط. حاولت استخدام زر النشر السيئ منذ فترة طويلة مع التفسيرات ، لكن كل ما أعطاني هو عدم الإعجاب بالانتقام.

• -1 1

Almost all the people who are here make comments and add Post that are of informative interest, so when I see that they are really important I like them, but there are other people who do not like to help others and ignore them I think they should understand well  The functions of this page are designed to evaluate each one according to the quality and quantity of content that we generate every day.

I think we must wait before we give the dislike, because the issue is relative, you may not like the post, but the same post may be excellent for others and very useful to them, so I said that evaluation is a matter of relative.
There is no harm in liking, but disliking is what hurts others, and they may lose because someone has read the post before, or someone does not like the post.
I think we all need to focus on just putting on like.

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us.

Here is the subject of distributing justice. Everyone is free to learn about cryptocurrencies. People who do not act in accordance with the purpose of this forum will receive suspension anyway.

Here is the subject of distributing justice. Everyone is free to learn about cryptocurrencies. People who do not act in accordance with the purpose of this forum will receive suspension anyway.

Edited by Tuhin123

I have almost never used negative votes against users, but I have done it on occasions when the comment does not have coherence or logic with the topic discussed. I have seen several users copy and paste the same comment in some post, those users who do not contribute anything positive to the forum are the ones who negatively vote them.

4 hours ago, rubygonzalez2k20 said:

Previously we saw every day how there were really good topics with almost no good reputation while there were very bad topics with a high amount of positive reactions, it was something very bad for the forum and for the members, but since the administrators updated the campaign by paying for reactions That changed for the better now if they are reacting properly

Yeah, it's improved. Altough i see some newbies trying to give themselves several +5 for every message with alt accounts. So far reporting them has done the trick and their reputation is gone, yet their accouts are not banned.

However this new flood of crappy posts and topics that came with the airdrop has made me give more negative reputations then ever. It's easier to give them then report copy pastes, because with those i have to provide screenshots and make extra work. I try to balance them out by giving positive ratings to real people that are actually trying to make an effort.

Personally, I use dislike button to contents that are not true or just a spam. I found it unfair to use it to contents that aren't in your favor. But currently, dislike button isn't used anymore or rating buttons are encouraged to be used than dislike button.

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

The best way to be fair is to look at the post objectively and make sure that you have a valid reason for giving a negative point to that member. You should also make sure that you are not giving bad reputations for no reason.

By stating the bad reaction to span and bad post the forum cleared that point of view does not make any sense in the reaction people give on the basis of difference of view point.