Is there an etiquette on what situations dislike button should be used? - Page 2 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
rekter

Is there an etiquette on what situations dislike button should be used?

On 5/24/2020 at 1:39 PM, rekter said:

I myself haven't seen an official consensus on how exactly how people should use these.

image.png.e172828dc34d1f6a175913f7ec9eb49c.png

It's pretty easy to justify the use of likes, everyone seems to like them and people are giving them away like a candy, and no one bats an eye if it's given for a good reason or not. Does that devalue them? I think so, as if they had value in the first place because they are just magic internet points that don't matter. Not yet anyway. 

Dislikes:

image.png.eb3f159e733a53bd0b33c6db711722db.png

And then there are dislikes. These act as an anti-reputation. And almost no one doesn't seem to give one for a bad post. Why is that? Is it because it's hard for us to suddenly know what determines a bad post, even though we know how to give likes to good posts? So my question is, what are they for? Punishing people for bad quality? It works only we want more quality as a group and dislike everything that doesn't contribute to forum. And people get angry if you give them. Why does giving them suddenly matter more then giving likes? We don't have to justify giving likes, so why do we need to justify dislikes?

Picture itself says that it can be given for a spam, but there's already report spam button so i am not sure why should be use dislikes instead of this?

image.png.086d0a8638fe8393d57c810f21700eb9.png

In this forum people are getting bad reactions, but it is not that much because the post that should be get bad reactions must be very meaningless post, for example someone create the topic in order to greetings people, this should deserved bad react.  

On 5/25/2020 at 10:10 PM, rezzougali1985 said:

Its happen to me once i gived a dislike reputation but he send me message complaining about this dislike, so as you said this dislike reputation its not a report fir spam because there is already a boutton for the reports

Yes bro some members not accept this bed reputation we know they post spam post and gives bed reputation, they thinks we hate them and they return gives bed reputation to our Post, this forum provides good features but how to use its our manner.

• Useful or interesting 1

Like and dislike features are meant for us to give our opinions based on the quality of the post either we like it or not and most of the times we get annoyed when we receive dislike reactions to our posts because it ruins our reputation in the forum but it also helpful on encouraging us to improve in our work and if its a spam post we can use the dislike reaction and report the post,I think this way can be better.

• +3 1

Love button is used when the reader likes the topic content. The sad button is used when the post is harmful or spam or duplicated. 

1 hour ago, Cammer said:

The sad button is used when the post is harmful or spam or duplicated. 

Did you read my post or just the topic? Because on the last sentence i talked about this and why it doesn't add up. Maybe you can answer to that question too instead of answering to topic?

5 minutes ago, rekter said:

Did you read my post or just the topic? Because on the last sentence i talked about this and why it doesn't add up. Maybe you can answer to that question too instead of answering to topic?

Sorry mate, I didn't read the whole topic. As for your question,! I really don't know what to tell you about this situation. Maybe the admins will change that button. 

I see that there is very low usage of bad reputation button , beacuse I think there is Equally chances that we also got bad reputation from Same perosn ( as a revenge ) . must be used bad reputation button Also whenever we see bad or spam post .

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

On 5/24/2020 at 6:39 PM, rekter said:

And almost no one doesn't seem to give one for a bad post.

In addition to reporting offensive posts, I also give out 'dislike' reaction to it. Most of the time that offensive post gets removed but the negative reaction score still remains on the offenders' profiles, and even more, the notification where you gave the reaction will no longer appear on his notifications; hence, he'll never know who gave him. This way, I get to mete out the 'dislike' button while avoiding revenge from the offender. I could offer this as a suggestion for other users who regularly reports offenders, that is, if they want to.

Other than that, and the user like @Pearls Before Swine may find himself being inundated by revenge 'dislikes' for making liberal use of the 'dislike' button for corrective reasons. Maybe that is why almost everyone is afraid to use that button, since they might share the same fate as him and a few other like-minded people.

On 5/24/2020 at 11:48 PM, rekter said:

I tried to use bad post button long time ago with the explanations, but all that gave me was revenge dislikes.

Yep, I saw one of those 'lectures' you gave to a member, it must have hurt his ego and could not accept your explanation, hence the 'dislike' for revenge. I would have reported the other member's post as it is obviously off-topic, but decided to leave it as a testament to his level of intellect and personality, along with your following explanation.

Lesson learned: No need to give out an explanation, just hit the 'report' button 😆  .

On 5/25/2020 at 4:27 AM, BTC Future said:

About the negative reactions I can only give them to someone that was dishonest, spamming or cheating. I can't give a negative reaction to a post that the original poster at least tried to make sense and gave an opinion, an idea, asked a question etc.

I concur with this one.

And just because someone is criticizing on my or others' comments doesn't mean I should give out a 'dislike' for it, as he oftentimes comes along with an explanation for the outburst. But if the comment is bordering on slander, abuse, and hate speech (not necessarily breaking the rules, but giving out negative vibes), then giving out 'dislikes' can be seriously considered, since if he ever decides to seek revenge afterwards, you can then report him along with his negative comments.

... ... ...

As for a proper time for giving out 'dislikes' other than the common copy/paste, off-topic, and useless shitposts, we should look back at the top 3 general rules of the forum:

General Rules of CryptoTalk.org Forum

1. Political discussions are prohibited. No talk of war. No talk of violence. No talk of narcotic substances. Manifestations of racism and xenophobia are prohibited.

2. Abusive expressions in any form are prohibited. It is forbidden to offend other members of the forum.

3. Threats to other forum participants in any form are prohibited.

These should be good enough grounds to use the 'dislike' button no matter how valid and useful the contents of a post is otherwise.

• Useful or interesting 3

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

On 5/24/2020 at 8:38 PM, Zaino34 said:

When giving good or negative reputations, we must always remove our affection from the subject or the person who published the topic, and we must give the good reputation to the members who deserve it, to encourage them to always publish good topics.

Yes mate you're right. Giving a bad reputation will always be an objective so that we cannot approach the post as bad topic because of the person behind it. Also giving good reputation to those making good content.

@rekter Although the Like and Dislike feature are being abused, I still believe there is need for 'em and their uses are clear. Like button should be used in satisfaction and an encouragement to a good and educative posts, Dislike and the Report button should be used against a spam post, abusive, or any form of irregularities. As said in one of the post above, there is no logic in giving a spam reaction to a topic just because we feel otherwise, we can do that by commenting on it. I believe if make use of the reaction buttons in the right way, there shouldn't be any debate about this.

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

4 hours ago, Raqeebzy said:

Although the Like and Dislike feature are being abused,

I can say the likes reaction may be abused but not the hate reaction which I noticed is not common used by most members. 

4 hours ago, Raqeebzy said:

As said in one of the post above, there is no logic in giving a spam reaction to a topic just because we feel otherwise, we can do that by commenting on it.

Commenting to the topic will be good, you are right, some just need to be corrected not given hate reactions. But some posts still actually deserved bad reaction because their post can support what is risky and cause losses which hate reaction will help others to know easily. 

Yes, thanks for posting this topic. We see lots of people who are sharing scams and copying others are getting more good response than the real and good comments. You should use the like and dislike feature very wisely. If you find any post scam and not important then you can dislike them you have full right in giving like and dislike.

Yes you are right there isl like button and also there is a spam option but there is also a special option bad we can report others,  I actually never give bad reaction to any topic rather I used to report the spammers

I never give any bad reaction to any members post because they are making for trying to make some good post but if any of the members used to spam then for that there is a special report button which is different from the like and bad reaction buttons

I think that many choose not to use the spam reaction button because then people will be able to see exactly who it is that gave them that reaction, and in some cases people can choose to take revenge in that way and do they same to you, which is not in the spirit of this forum and helping each other to make better posts. Therefore they prefer to report the post anonymously. Perhaps the reaction is there as a reminder to the person who wrote it to show them that there is something wrong with the post, and to draw the moderators attention to the post.

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

The main rule for using miserable and bad reputation in the forum is very clear as we must support members who provide important and well-studied information so that they can continue in the same good way but bad reputation is given to people who promote fraud or cause inconvenience to us.

• +5 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Well we should consider reaction as only the judgement for post and nor for nay personal matters or any other things. And if anyone is circulating wrong information then we must give bad reputation so that he also knows he needs to improve in future.

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

Guys currently we have to use the dislike button by good uses, if you see someone having a little mistake you should give only 1 dislike, but don't give all 5 warning point without any reason. 

It would be good for us to read the topic and participate well before giving someone a good or bad reputation. We must give up our emotions when giving a reputation because supervisors have established a reputation as a responsibility to us and we must use it and act with it wisely.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Like and dislike features are present so that we can give/show our reaction in someone's post. Through this we are able to express our feelings about that certain post, if it's good then give the like reaction and if bad then go for dislike. We should be mindful of what reaction/reputation we will give; think and comprehend first if that post really deserve dislike/like reaction. We must be wise and keen enough to use this features. 

I would use them in posts that are of low quality and also for spams, those are the topics i can think of that might be deserving those dislike buttons.

we should utilize both of the responses great and awful to offer notorieties to every point as indicated by how it is. In the event that we will peruse a significant and accommodating subject we should give great notoriety to empower the point author. We can likewise give terrible notorieties to remind the subject compose that they have compose a theme with botches or an inane point.

I think everybody realizes very well where to utilize the like catch however a significant number of them are utilizing it for purposeless or you can say for delivering retribution from any individual yet now people groups are knowing the estimation of preferences and they are giving just the meriting post that is very acknowledging and I think offering gratefulness to the post that are extremely important

• +1 1

The good etiquette is that any good post should be given good ratings while any bad post should be given bad rating, this should and should always be the standard of this forum. Rate as appropriate. 

• +2 1

On 7/7/2020 at 12:34 PM, DiamondBit said:

The good etiquette is that any good post should be given good ratings while any bad post should be given bad rating, this should and should always be the standard of this forum. Rate as appropriate. 

That's right, but also you can not give bad reputation to a post just because they do not agree with the idea or opinion that seems to be good for others, i think post that should be given bad reputation are those that does not make sense or are even spams, and not to the good people who are just trying to make a conversion to come up wit the right answer.

• +1 1