12 hours unconfirmed BTC TX, is there a way to cancel a TX? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
deepown

12 hours unconfirmed BTC TX, is there a way to cancel a TX?

I transferred some coins yesterday with a fee of 5k, but they are not yet confirmed till now that is why i think bitcoin would not be the coin of the future, some altcoin would take its position.

here is the transaction/TX https://bitcoin.atomicwallet.io/tx/12b5d5112cd44a5afee95ac3db7e7b7870559c7fd7d438b781557bbbc32019ae

My question is, is there a way to cancel an unconfirmed transaction?

NOTE; refer to TX as transaction.

5 minutes ago, deepown said:

If it will cancel itself after 72 hours then i'm cool with that, i'm just afraid it might stuck for months, and i will also go check those  tx accelerator services.

Well then you shouldn't use those services, because some of them might just rebroadcast it, some of them push it by adding to tx fees, and if they just rebroadcast it i am not sure if that means that the 72 hours waiting starts again. Did you send them from some exchange or something and do you have previous experience with their tx fees?

• Useful or interesting 1

17 minutes ago, deepown said:

If it will cancel itself after 72 hours then i'm cool with that, i'm just afraid it might stuck for months, and i will also go check those  tx accelerator services.

Yes you need to wait for 72 hours or an equivalent of three days for the transaction to be cancel by itself. 

When the same thing happen you already know what to do. 

Free satoshis and bnb every 20 minutes here: https://betfury.io/?r=5fadf2e24229531209b94c8c

2 hours ago, deepown said:

I transferred some coins yesterday with a fee of 5k, but they are not yet confirmed till now that is why i think bitcoin would not be the coin of the future, some altcoin would take its position.

here is the transaction/TX https://bitcoin.atomicwallet.io/tx/12b5d5112cd44a5afee95ac3db7e7b7870559c7fd7d438b781557bbbc32019ae

I think that you cant cancel it by yourself but I think that it will cancel itself automatically after 3 days. If you are doing a transaction. My tip is you should always check if this is confirmed or not because you might lose money if you let your account like that. 

That's to bad mate sorry in this case you can't do anything apart from waiting for a transaction to be confirmed because bitcoins or rather cryptocurrency transactions can't be reversed ounce they are initiated and already pending for confirmation on blockchain and in  case where a bitcoin transaction fails to be confirmed I heard that it reflects back to the origin wallet but I don't know how true is this because I have not experienced it before.

That's very weird to see your transaction to not get confirmed after such a long time. I think I found the reason behind it. The mempool is currently very deep and there are thousands of other unconfirmed txs as well.

You can find the status on blockchair instead:

https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/transaction/12b5d5112cd44a5afee95ac3db7e7b7870559c7fd7d438b781557bbbc32019ae

I suggest you to use blockchair as a tx explorer - they prefer the best and original features to see about your transactions, as well as the position in the mempool and statistics about it. Right now your position is 14415 out of 49865 unconfirmed transactions. I hope the mempool will be able to clear soon and make transactions faster again. Bitcoin has block size limitations - and there's nothing we can do about it. I remember the times when my TX got confirmed in a matter of hours with a 15 Satoshi per byte fee..

STAKECUBE - Wallet, staking and shared masternodes

Interest - earn 7.572% annual interest, paid daily

Cloud Mining - lifetime contracts, get 100 GH/S for 4$

Withdrawal - withdraw your coins with NO fees

REGISTER HERE

Bitcoin is powerful coin over cryoto currencies but due to these it vakue is decreasing. Alt coin are best in both ways of fast transactions and low fee. 

I think you have no way to cancel it. If the confirmation time is longer than 3 days, it will be automatically canceled. Bitcoin has an old technology, it is not supported in terms of work speed, so it works slowly, it does not have a change in technology, it is its only weakness. with its value and position I believe it is the currency of the future

where bitcoin transaction fail to be confirmed I heard that it reflects back to the headspring wallet but I don't know how true is this because I had not branded it before.

9 hours ago, deepown said:

Could you please tell us what do you mean by 5K fee? Have you set your fee at 5 sat/byte?

If you sent your coins with this amount of fee, you have nothing to worry about because it is 5x the minimum safe limit of fees (I mean 1 sat/byte) for sending bitcoin in blockchain network. Since you chose a relatively low fee, you have to wait a little longer maybe up to 24 hours. If the network is busy, it takes more time for a miner to take up your TX and confirm it. Sometimes, there are lots of high-fee transactions and miners will confirm them first because the priority is with higher fees.

As long as you have sent currencies and several hours have passed since the transmission process, in this case you will not be able to stop the transfer process because the transmission was successful but the reception did not succeed and therefore you must verify the address to which the currencies were sent

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Well bro I have no idea about this issue because I don't face this problem previously, but I think our forum members already gives positive reaction, so don't worry every one says its canceled in 72 hours later then wait some time maybe your problem solve in soon.

I have no idea about it but I think 12 hours has become unsupported BTC TX so it can be canceled anyway. It cannot survive in the market if it is not supported and unsupported. Be patient there will be no problem. It may take a little longer to recover.

The crypto market is always changing. Everything changes as the price of Bitcoin rises. Actually have no idea about BTC TX. I have never read such a problem. But you will all benefit from the information.

As I know. If the transaction is left in a network it is not possible to cancel. But don't worry 12 hours without confirmation is still normal. I once had a transaction hanging for 8 days, but then everything was credited.

It may happen  due to some technical  faults in site. But I think  you can't cancel it you have to wait for 72 hours. It will automatically  cancelled  after 72 hours  It may be you will  recieve  your  payments  within  72 hours. 

On 5/1/2020 at 11:41 AM, deepown said:

There are many possible reasons behind your late transaction that you are still pending. It is either that the bitcoin transfer fee is not sufficient or the amount of the transfer is large and you must wait to get sufficient confirmations from the bitcoin network.

the delay in conformation is mainly due to the site maintenance  of more traffic on site issue.but you have to atleast wait for 72 hours and after 72 hours your order  will automatically get cancelled by the site.so just wait for sometime hope that it gives you conformation

Most likely, this transaction cannot be undone. You should wait a bit until the end of the translation. This is not a very profitable business. 

In fact, this is one of the major disadvantages of the Bitcoin network as transactions with low fees are delayed, so it is better to use the Bitcoin Telegraph Network because it is faster and has lower fees. In any case, the transaction cannot be canceled, but the transaction can be rebroadcasted or re-accelerated until the miners are alerted and confirmed. If you don't know this way, I can help you.

First, you cannot cancel anything and the transaction will be automatically canceled after a period of time if the sale is not completed Secondly, I do not agree with you and for me, I believe that the Bitcoin coin is the future for all countries of the world and that this currency will remain the most important cryptocurrency and the most high price currency

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

As for the transaction, it will be canceled automatically if no one purchases the content of its currency, but for the bitcoin currency you are wrong because it is the currency of the future and the great wealth of all countries of the world.

It depends, you can cancel a bitcoin transaction if by a support from your wallet. Not all wallets will allow you to cancel a transaction, i use faucetpay wallet and its very good because i can cancel any transactions in 3 hours before they send it.

Time is the ultimate weapon!

13 hours ago, Brand1 said:

As for the transaction, it will be canceled automatically if no one purchases the content of its currency, but for the bitcoin currency you are wrong because it is the currency of the future and the great wealth of all countries of the world.

I think that you cant cancel it all by yourself and I think that you will need other things to do to cancel it. I am not sure in my answer so you should wait for those who truly knows things here in cryptocurrencies to answer you and you should have hope in them.