Machine learning price prediction sites? - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
johant123

Machine learning price prediction sites?

Do you ever follow the various price prediction sites that are based on machine learning? I am talking about sites like "Walletinvestor.com" or "Longforecast.com"?

I looked at their predictions for a while (and at various times throughout the year), and my impression is that they don't do much more than just extrapolating trend lines. I don't know what machine learning is involved, but 1) their next day forecasts are not much better than simple guesses, and 2) their longer time forecasts change wildly.

Besides, if they are all based on machine learning algorithms, you would say that they should get closer to each other over time, but that doesn't seem to happen either.

So, I don't take them seriously (anymore) at all. The only long term indicators I really take an eye on are the moving averages, Bollinger bands, and (surprisingly accurate for predicting tops) the "Bitcoin Fear & Greed index".

What's you experience? Any other sources or pieces of wisdom you want to share? Thanks!

• Useful or interesting 5
  • +1 2
  • +2 4
  • +3 1

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

i have not visited to this sited but it looks like these site predicts tbe prices depend on the market situations and accuracyvwill also be good .peoples who are confuse about any crypto coins price then it will help them

No, frankly, I did not do. I want to start everything from zero. Keep track of news without previous knowledge. It may lead to a disaster in trading. Thank you for this post.

Edited by Maroua
  • +2 1

On 4/11/2020 at 3:26 AM, Cookjob22 said:

Frankly, I was using the football betting predictions sites before but I never won through them, so there I've learn that the prediction sites are not 100% sure.

Yes, this is probably the best argument against them ... if machine learning cannot predict match outcomes based on teams strength and previous matches, why would it be better in predicting short term market movements?

I don't use those sites for serious decisions, I am just interested because of my professional background (computer science).

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

I don't think machine learning can predict the long term because there are so many surprising variables that the machine cannot perceive.

• +1 1

I think it's too early to talk about machine learning. It is not time to use AI as any predictions. It takes time for the AI to come. No, I do not use machine learning as predictions. 

I happen to have never been, but it seems interesting. I just doubt the accuracy of the site's predictions. I am more satisfied getting prediction info from crypto or pope experts, it is feared that from an unofficial website that only makes our investment chaotic.

• +2 1

The only way to know and predict the price of cryptocurrencies is through analysis and cannot rely on these sites because they do not provide correct results

THINK POSITIVE

I am not visit this sites previously but I think this sites are really good in prices predictions, so many members do bot trading because they analysis market very well, because humans are not decides perfectly but this type sites search every think then they gives result, I think most of time this predictions are success.

• +3 1

I never followed these sites and if I want to know about the future move of crypto market then I consults with popular crypto analysts on YouTube and on different forums because I think these prediction algorithms doesn't match with the intellect of human who has vast experience of crypto world.

i didn't use them to predict price. Successful trader is those who learn amd predict price by it's own experience. I always predict price myself. But sometime i failed but most time my prediction are good. 

• +1 1

I do not know this type of sites, but at first glance I know that they are not functional, if you want something functional analyze the graph for yourself and create your own business strategy, in this way you will be safe and you will be forging a psychology in the market that you  It will help the future and not depend on sites or other people.

In fact, this is what happened to me, too, I do not know these sites that you are talking about and I have not tried before, but I followed analysts in some of the telegram channels and made some deals that they recommended, but what happened was not expected. A great dump happened on Bitcoin and all expectations failed and I lost Also.

I have seen website like that but the majority are specially for Forex trading and never seen any one for crypto,and in general i dont trust any kind of prediction even it's with machin or bot 

I prefer not following price analysis or predictions from many sources to avoid getting confused of which one to apply when trading and it's better sometimes to try your knowledge by the help of indictors to execute trades than depending only from the sources of signals.

I also see this machine price prediction but same as the prediction of the people it is not advicable to use as refferrence in price movement. Because it is not easy to identify and predict the movement of price in the graph because from time to time there's a massive price drop and price up. 

No till now i haven't followed any such sites for price prediction as i don't have much trust in these sites so i like to prefer experts analysis and my own strategies to do trading or investing in any of the crypto coins. 

I guess no one knows exactly what will happen by guessing
We can guess the future events, but that remains a guess, it could be right or it could be a mistake
But studying the current situation and analyzing the situation gives far more accurate results than simply trying to guess the future

On 02.04.2020 at 18:56, Readmm said:

I don’t know specific sites, but I’ve heard that many people use bots for trading, but in general I advise myself to learn how to analyze the market.

You're right. It is better to understand how the market works. I've used bots a couple of times. Nothing good came of it.

Yes, and I do not say that I did that at the beginning because he is a beginner, which is difficult for him in the beginning to learn from the courses, because they exhaust him from the long time and other psychological matters. And it depends on the recommendations for the sake of profit, but it is useless despite that if you do not know what is the use of it. It is better not to rely on it and not that much at once. Your analyzes do not match them

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

Through my experience of some of these sites that predict the prices of cryptocurrencies were not correct and for this we must be cautious and not rely on these sites

Life is great and enjoy it

I have not used these sites before because I know that these expectations remain only assumptions and uncertain, as well as this news can affect the trading operations that I make so I prefer not to see them

8 hours ago, Emonhasan8414 said:

I did not use these sites before I know that these expectations are simply guesses and uncertain, as well as the trading activities I can affect this news I do not like to see them

It will be the work of bots, I do not believe in bots for trading, I believe on my work, many people do lose because of this, there was a day this type of price signals made me lose $200. As of that day till now, I believe only in my analyzes. 

I believe that prices changes according real life factors which are dynamic, so i’m not sure if machine learning or AI can do anything there?

• +1 1