Steps to follow before installing an Electrum client - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Steps to follow before installing an Electrum client

Good tutorials. Basically newbie or the newcomers in the crypto world should have to know how to use the cryptocurrency wallet properly. I have found , newbie are wrongly installing the fake wallet so that there is the risks of loosing their funds. 

I do not use Electrum wallet or any wallet that needs to be installed and this is because I do not trust it and love to use portable wallets it is better

• Useful or interesting 1

Life is great and enjoy it

One of my friend used electrum wallet and unfortunately,all her funds there are washed out,she tried to contact support but never gain back her funds nor answer her query,and by this post,i got answered,she was hacked,this is so stressful.thanks for sharing anyways.

I am also using electrum wallets. You creat a good job. And it will help us to better use of wallet. Thanks for sharing this useful information with us. 

• +2 1

I will just content myself with reading my opinion of friends about this wallet because I only know that it is a wallet with a low security level and it needs many updates coming especially that I use a blockchain I have never tried it even for my blockchain desktop

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

To be clear with you, there are no risk-free wallets or devices. You are the one who will protect your device, and through the instructions that your friend shared with us, I know that you will avoid this possibility that your device will be infected. You do not have to work on this wallet, but I really appreciate sharing this information with us.

• +3 1

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

I like that electrum wallet is pretty easy to install and it accomplish so many functions and features in it, I use it for a short time but I am very happy of it right now.

• +1 1

Thanks for the post. I haven't worked with this app yet. I wanted to ask whether it should be installed or whether there is a similar alternative.

I read an article several days ago about Electrum, a warning was issued about old versions of the Electrum wallet because it has security holes and many users' wallets have been hacked and their cryptocurrencies have been stolen, so you should be careful not to use old copies of the Electrum wallet

• +4 1

Electrum client is almost like other exchanges and it also needs almost same steps as required by other exchanges. It have its seed which needs to be kept secret because using that seed payments can be done through it from anywhere

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               

On 10/17/2019 at 6:57 PM, xBDT Script said:

# Do not update if any pop up appears and ask you to update the software. Close the window and go to the Electrum site official site then follow the procedures again that is above.

This is because of the known vulnerability of an earlier version of the Electrum wallet. This pop up messages is phising and it should be explained on every description as it connects to a server that is run by scammers and it empties the Bitcoin held by this wallet.

• +3 1

It is important to verify the electrum using the kleopatra component even if you downloaded electrum from the official source. It is recommended and will also help you understand how this process is made and why it is important.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:02 PM, Consignee said:

Electrum version 3.3.6 or above (I can't remember the exact version), there's no chance of being victim of downloading fake wallet. Anyway, it's always better use official website.

Good to see contribution from you as always. Keep up mate.

Yes always download any software form tits official website and as we are crypto users so we need extra carefulness before download any wallet or crypto related application because there are so many fake sites and apps thats develop for steal our currency . 

I do not think that any of the wallets in use now has any problems in terms of deposits or withdrawals for users, and they all provide the networks in force so far with different fees and according to the price, but the error comes from the user himself.

• +1 1

On 10/17/2019 at 7:05 PM, xBDT Script said:

I know but this incident really shacked me a lot and I think it's always the safer way to update it from directly downloading the update version. Not to mention verify everytime before installing.

The electrum vulnerability of an older version alarmed a few people, but still some didn't probably read about it as with this exploit the hackers have stolen more than 1000 BTC so far. We don't play with bitcoin and money, we do everything to keep safe and read news about possible updates and new information on the wallets and applications we use. It is not a buy in a wallet and forget. This is software and bugs are always found and can be abused.

• +3 1

The verification option is next to the download link in the electrum website. It should be downloaded from the official website and not anywhere else, by no means always download from official website, and use the directions to verify. Also very useful to keep being up to date with any news as this is software and may have more vulnerabilities that have not been discovered yet.

I have know knowledge or idea on the steps to follow before installing electrum client but with this knowledge that you have share with us am able to gain more idea on it thank you so much 

Electrum is the best wallet. But it seems there are many versions. Think and buy.

Thank you for explaining to us the advantages and disadvantages for installing steps to follow before exposing to us.

Thank you for this, good explanation and useful information, but as for me, I do not use the electrum wallet, I prefer to use Trust wallet, it is easier for me to use.

• +1 1

I have read there was a version of Electrum that as opening a popup window giving an order to update to a new version. By entering the update all the bitcoin the wallet containing were vanished and deposited in scammers addresses. It is about an old version so better be careful with Electrum and do correct steps to enhance your security without getting scammed.

Electrum is the best Bitcoin desktop wallet. However, be extremely cautious about where you download it from, as there are many malicious versions out there, and you risk losing any funds sent. Be cautious and only get it from the official website.

• +1 1