Protecting your crypto - Page 23 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Glossy

Protecting your crypto

Thank you for sharing these helpful information my friend. It's really necessary to help keep up the reputation of the forum. This is a real reactions to the scammers who try to destroy the forum. I really hope we all help the forum succeed legitimately.

• +1 1

I keep my currencies in an online wallet.I all ready activated the dual security system.i think i will not face any problems in next ten years. 

Hackers and scammers are always in the corner waiting for  people's to make simple mistake so that they can still ones crypto. Their are different ways in protecting your cryptocurrency. One of the most important one is cold storage or offline wallet is one of the safest method of protecting your cryto because it cannot be assessed via the internet.

If someone know about seed of your hardware wallet then it would be easier for him to make transactions. So I prefer any online wallet with feature like 2fa, authenticator, and OTP so you come to know about everytime your wallet is used 

• +2 1

On 10/17/2019 at 12:19 AM, Glossy said:

Never trust anyone who contacts you on Telegram group and offers you "some great deal"

These people are so many and they try to seem kind and friendly. They are snakes and they have plans to hurt us. I don't trust anyone online and I am blocking those that send private messages. I am not expecting anyone of them and they are unwelcome. 

Thanks for the great advice in this post, I am still not mature enough in crypto to avoid all of them and it helps to read more information about staying safe online within the crypto world.

• +3 1

On 10/17/2019 at 3:19 AM, Glossy said:

What are you doing to protect your crypto?

There is big danger that someone will take your crypto assets from you, so we must be careful in protecting them.

Here are some of the rules that help us protect them:

1. If you hodl crypto then use hardware wallet or cold wallet - copy the seed and store it on 2 or 3 safe locations - same with cold wallet

2. Don't let your assets stay on exchange too long

3. Always be careful before investing in ICO - research the team and the project

4. Never trust anyone who contacts you on Telegram group and offers you "some great deal"

5. If something seem too good to be true, it is probably scam.

If you have any tips please do not hesitate to share it

Stay safe my friends

If you find this thread helpful feel free to mark is as interesting

Hey mates, thanks for your informative post, yes you tell me the most of the tips how we can protect our crypto but you not mention the major tips how we can protect our crypto and the tips is we have to use 2fa security to our wallet otherwise hacker will hack our account.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿Instagram🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Good advice for everyone not only beginners because sometimes even people with years of experience can make mistakes. I also suggest to always keep reading posts about scammers and their new methods because this way we update our security.

• +1 1

26 minutes ago, Jibon1 said:

I think saving money online or exchange wallet is not a good idea for all members as it may stop the exchange 

The big danger in such situation is the risk of being hackers attacks and the funds stored online are exposed to be stolen as it happened several times ago where traders lost significant amounts of money

Thanks for sharing these tips, they will undoubtedly be very useful for both me and I think for all the friends of the criptotalk community, best regards and a good post.

I agree. the best way to keep your digital assets and cryptocurrencies safe is to use hardware wallets. If you have a large amount of cryptocurrency assets, it will be worthwhile to pay for a hardware wallet, because storing a large amounts of cryptocurrencies online is very dangerous.

Hello mate on my point of view crypto is very useful and all you need to do is to protect it from scammers they can easily sent you a message showing you to invest on their platform so take note of this so that you will be able to protect your crypto, you need to be careful before making any investment 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

Very helpful tips. There are a lot of hacks going on so keeping crypto in a safe place is the only way to secure the crypto that I own. Use a hardware wallet, because it's definitely safer. Don't keep money on an exchange to avoid losing money if the exchange is hacked. Don't invest when you don't know how to invest.

• +1 1

In the aspect of protecting crypto is a good idea and it depends on the kind of wallet we used and how the security system is well protected in other to serve us well. And lastly avoid friends from telegram because most of them are scammers.

• +2 1

Everyone is in fear about their crypto currencies and thinking always about scammers and hackers.

Even the highly secured wallets holders also lose their money so we are so simple people. This should be dangrous for all of us to lose our money.

Yes it is very necessary to save your crypto. If it is not save then there is no any benefit. First of all save your wallet it is necessary. So, for this use your hard wallet for the storing of crypto. It is the best for save. 

Don't share your any information about your wallet. Usel always 2 factor verification.  

For long time storing always in the best wallet and best hardware wallet. 

It is true never use for long storing exchange site.

• +4 1

On 10/17/2019 at 5:19 AM, Glossy said:

There is big danger that someone will take your crypto assets from you, so we must be careful in protecting them.

1. If you hodl crypto then use hardware wallet or cold wallet - copy the seed and store it on 2 or 3 safe locations - same with cold wallet

3. Always be careful before investing in ICO - research the team and the project

4. Never trust anyone who contacts you on Telegram group and offers you "some great deal"

Stay safe my friends

Good tips to keep your crypto assets safe, to add-on to this list, you should always use 2FA verification to all your digital wallets and platform log-in to enhance security from hackers.

On 10/17/2019 at 4:19 AM, Glossy said:

Stay safe my friends

Maybe there is a little extra from the points that you mentioned earlier.
6. Do not use wallets on the web: walllets on the web are also known as hosted wallets as this is a type of wallet that is operated by third parties. These web wallets are often the target of hackers, if you want to use a web wallet it is highly recommended to check the background first.
7. Use special hardware: take advantage of special hardware to perform cryptp transactions such as moving data from an online computer to offline with a special USB, this is useful for minimizing the entry of viruses and reducing the chance of your wallet being hacked. Your crypto security will be better protected by this.
maybe there are others too?

• +1 1

signbot (1).gif

Owning a cryptocurrency without adequately safeguarding it from potential scammers and crypto hacked is as good as not having it at all. It's your responsibility to protect every information that guards your cryptocurrencies. 

Just build a structure and a community of the trust friends and people and deal with them only that will make you more safe in the world of the cryptocurrency.

On 10/28/2019 at 7:33 PM, Bitxalt said:

the most important thing about using digital assets is the security of our wallet, if the data from our wallet is lost or stolen, everything will be finished, and will end fatal, because people who know the private key or any key will be easy to open our digital wallet

Security is the most important thing in the crypto market and so many peoples will know that if our account is not secure its mean our account will be hacked any time and this is not good for us so secure your account and safe your money.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I commented on something similar in this topic, but I want to add that people should not leave very high amounts of money on exchanges and they should always have wallets where they can control private keys and never trust the web wallets

you can protecting your crypto with many way i can explain about this ways just read my comment 

Well, what I do is just keep the trade balance in the exchanges and the other part I have in wallets where I control the keys so I minimize the losses in case the exchange closes or suffers an attack, remember to take precautions is never too much in the Everything is possible network.

so that all i have about your question i hope the better for us , good luck .

Thanks for sharing this helpful and informative topic . You say right my friend protection of our is very important otherwise we lost our money . You give really helpful tips . We used always strong password with 2fa . And make sure where you store or invest your money it is safe or not .

Yes you are right and we have to secure ourselves at online forums. Because iif we use crypto then scam chances increases as compare to not using. So it's our responsibility to secure ourselves and not to believe on any scammer.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:21 AM, setifien said:

You might have an amount that doesn't attract hackers who try to get access to big wallets with large amount of currencies 

@setifien...Hackers are always after big owners.  So those who are in the crypto world and must use a good wallet to keep crypto currency.  If someone keeps more coins, he can use hardware and cold wallet.  As a result, he will keep his coins safe  And do not share any information of your wallet with anyone. As a result, no one will be able to hack your wallet easily

• +3 1