Protecting your crypto - Page 26 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Glossy

Protecting your crypto

On 1/6/2021 at 10:03 PM, ajabe2 said:

For securing your cryptocurrency, you should be looking for a device that is not connected to the Internet. Any device that is connected to the Internet can be hacked at any moment. Whether this device is a personal computer, mobile or every thing else.

@ajabe2 Yes, this is true. Any device connected to the Internet is very vulnerable to hacking, whatever the means of protecting it, there is always a loophole that can be accessed and the wallet was stolen.

• +3 1

I was exposed to fraud when I bought a currency and was not able to sell it after that, so I recommend checking the project and the work team to reduce the purchase and investment, otherwise you will be defrauded 

• +1 1

I advice don't keep your cryptocurrencies in a desktop PC. I prefer paper wallets or hardware wallets like Nano ledger or Trezor. Also don't leave your coins in an online wallet for long time if you don't want to trade. That's very dangerous.

Yes my dear mate. I want to protect my crypto because there are some scammers who wanted to steal our money from wallet. If we want to keep our currencies safe so we should just download online wallet. Thanks 

A very good option is to save all our data in the mail, but of course put 2fa in the mail to avoid problems, because scams are very huge every day, so it is not convenient to be leaving our wallets without security.

• +3 1

Thank you for the recommendations. The truth is that I always fulfill most of them and I have not had problems with my cryptocurrencies.
I think most beginners tend to fall for Telegram scams, so it is essential not to trust anyone who promises you good returns or free money through Telegram messages.
An additional tip could be to verify the authenticity of any website (including wallets and exchanges) through the web address. It should be the exact domain and not a small variation. This is usually a fairly common scam. In fact, in 2017 there were quite a few sites in Google searches that emulated the main exchanges to obtain user access data.

• +1 1

All of the suggestions are true mate, hardware wallets is very secured wallet because you can handle your own security for your wallet and that is the private key, most of the online wallets are not giving some private key so that they can also having an access to your account, hardware wallet is recommendable so you should try it mates.

You can protect your balance from any hacking or theft by knowing the methods used by fraudsters and also you should not give your information to anyone if he is not 100% reliable

• +3 1

the money is always hard to protect specially when you are in the online field so you we must follow the thing you have told in your topics that are for out safety.

• +4 1

The best way to protect the cryptocurrencies that my friend owns is to keep your money in a private wallet and not to share the private key to anyone, keep it very safe and not enter any spam that sends you to your private email, these factors keep your money encrypted safely Thank you

I use several levels of security for my wallet, and also we should not share our personal information such as email and passwords securely and not trust people who make incredible offers or telegram bots. We must always keep our currencies free from theft and fraud.

• +2 1

The best to protect your cryptos is to take your private keys and hide them somewhere no one will find ever find out, only you will know the location of your treasure and keep it that way.

This is very informative topic for us. But i think you should not invest your coins to any untrusted plateform. I store my coins in online wallet and such a no problem happened to me about my coins. Becareful from fake investment sites.  Thanks

The best to protect your cryptos is to take your private keys and hide them somewhere no one will find ever find out, only you will know the location of your treasure and keep it that way.

You can protect your crypto if you didn't share your private key to any unknown person. You should be careful from scammers. Don't trust on fake news and be careful from fake investment. Then you will safe your crypto.  

Great tips Thank you,
Especially not responding to people on Telegram because many swindlers try to communicate with us in order to invest in certain sites, most of them are scams.
Also, our wallets' data should always be kept secret in certain places and on paper as well.

• +3 1

On 10/16/2019 at 11:36 AM, Glossy said:

Does that mean that in 2/2 wallet you must have both keys for it to function (private key and cosigner key), and in 2/3 wallet you must have 2 of 3 keys for wallet to function?

the terms you are talking about are new for me and I never heard them before but in some of the old wallets like in myetherwallet you need to have the file in order to open the wallet.

In my opinion use of cold wallets is best for all of that users who wants to stock cryotocurriencies because these wallets are keeping all data in cold storage that's don't connect with the internet so no-one can easily hack our accounts it's best way some peoples are using hot wallets but they don't active high security due to which they get hack easily so use of cold wallets is safest for all users. 

Protecting your cryptocurrency have to do with 2 things to my own knowledge for now one of them is that you need to have your personal wallet and secondly you need to have a strong password for security on  your account and allow it to stay away from your friends even you families because no one can be trusted 

• Useful or interesting 1

@davy22 @Watson17 @Harbeeboullah

The most basic thing to do  to protect your crypto is simply make sure that you have your time well cut that is very important dont fear dont lose hope and dont make any mistakes things can change as fast and be good in what you are not taking mistakes are tough to even understand there is nothing more important than to make sure that you have an offline ledger this is very important because any other will cause a lot of problems to you

• +2 1

Exactly, thanks for these basic steps, which are the most fundamental to protect our capital, I always recommend saving our seed phrases even outside the network to prevent us from being hacked at some point.

• +1 1

It is somewhat unsafe to store our money in exchanges so it is somewhat complicated since in most cases we use these exchanges to generate extra profits, but as you mention it is not something easy but it is safer to have a wallet hardware.

My advice is never keep your coins and tokens in your hard drives. I prefer paper wallets or hardware wallets like Nano ledger. Also don't leave your coins on exchanges for long time if you don't want to trade because anything can happen at anytime.

• +1 1

I strongly suggest you don't keep your cryptocurrencies in an online wallet. I personally use paper wallets and hardware wallets. I have a Hardware ledger nano S wallet. if you want security, I recommend go for it for the reason it supports many coins and tokens.

• +1 1

On 10/16/2019 at 10:19 PM, Glossy said:

What are you doing to protect your crypto?

There is big danger that someone will take your crypto assets from you, so we must be careful in protecting them.

Here are some of the rules that help us protect them:

1. If you hodl crypto then use hardware wallet or cold wallet - copy the seed and store it on 2 or 3 safe locations - same with cold wallet

2. Don't let your assets stay on exchange too long

3. Always be careful before investing in ICO - research the team and the project

4. Never trust anyone who contacts you on Telegram group and offers you "some great deal"

5. If something seem too good to be true, it is probably scam.

If you have any tips please do not hesitate to share it

Stay safe my friends

If you find this thread helpful feel free to mark is as interesting

Hello friend, thanks for sharing this information with the forum, it will go a long way helping new members like myself, other things that could help include careful research before investing in unfamiliar platform.