Protecting your crypto - Page 8 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Glossy

Protecting your crypto

I'm protecting my cryptocurrency in different ways that will be 99.9999999% safe, and only 0.0000001% money theft by doing things like creating strongly password that's also me I cannot keep it on my mind, also i'm just sign in using chrome browser only that is more safe than others browsers that's can be steal my password.

We have different ways of protecting our crypto so we can keep it secure from the hacker or some bad things that can happen in the future. Yes, having a good wallet will be the most important thing that we should concern because the wallet is a place to save our crypto. I use ledger nano to protect almost all of my coin, and I don't use it for trade or else. I only keep it on that wallet and waiting for the price to increase. Once the price increase to the higher rate, I will move the coin to exchange and sell it to get the profit and get the money into my bank account.

Thanks for sharing this useful information to use I follow your advice. Nowadays the scammers are so many where it difficult to protect our crypto from them.

I activate my wallet online and protect it with a strict system. so what I save is not easily bothered by scammers. just stay alert. evil will lurk.

12 hours ago, Jokeer said:

In crypto, the scammers and the hackers are increasing badly in this situation it's hard to protect crypto where mostly newbies are victims due to they new and for the lake of knowledge.

Yeahh, the scammers in the crypto world are making the situation and view in the eyes of normal people worse and of course making newbies afraid to enter this world, That's so bad! We as members who have long been in the crypto world need to educate them.

On 11/26/2019 at 2:02 AM, CryptoMoney said:

This write up really makes sense. But, what about trusted and secured exchangers like yobit. Is it not still advisable to store crypto on it. 

If you are a trader, you can save a portion of your assets in exchange. Take out your profits from the exchange. Manage regularly, so your assets are safe. 

Very good suggestion. These suggestions will definitely help to protect our crypto. In this crypto world, trust is a rare thing. You should think twice or thrice before believing in someone. A lot of scams and frauds are happening everyday in cryoto world.

Of course we should, especially when we invest there a big amount of money we should protect and secure it because it may be a big loss for you if you don't protect and secure your crypto. 

6 hours ago, Bakomanka said:

Alwаys use Меtаmаsk аnd еquipment wаllеts like Trezor, Rесоrd and so on tо confirm your аll еxсhanges. Don't have a clue about your privаte keys

the most important things in those wallets is not to lost the backup keys cause its the door to acces into ur funds if you lost it you are done

This is very important, when we first make a wallet, sometimes there are wordseed, whether it's 10 words, 12 words, less or can be more. try to record it because one day we definitely need it. and if we forget, the consequences will be fatal. don't forget to store crypto files safely, such as keystore, private key, or other files.

Thank you very plenty for the recommendation.  The world of cryptocurrencies could be very dangerous and we listen each day news of piracy and fraud.  A lot of exchangers became hacked and stolen client money. And I'm Always use Metamask and hardware wallets like Trezor, Ledger etc. To verify your all transactions. Do no longer recognise your non-public keys. Just now your recuperation terms. Do no longer take a photo of it or write all the way down to a pc.

As i trade alltime, I can't hold my coins in hard wallet. I use binance for my trading and i believe that it is safe.I am also holding doge in yobit investbox.

Bengali?

View this Topic

To protect my cryptocurrency I just do put the maximum security settings in my wallet, and keep a secret key, usually this is enough.

10 hours ago, Iamstrong said:

To protect my cryptocurrency I just do put the maximum security settings in my wallet, and keep a secret key, usually this is enough.

The most important is to keep that secret key in a safe place and don't let other people know where you save. Besides that, you don't have to tell them if you save crypto in your wallet because that will make them suspicious, and their curiosity will be bigger. That will be a risk if they know your crypto because they will want to ask you to send some coins to them as a start, and that will depend on you to give some coin to them or not. We need to take care of our wallet and our coins, so we don't have to worry about anything.

this is really a good thread. thank you suggest this is really helpful for a beginner like me. many things that i don't know in this crypto world. 

16 hours ago, ashua1 said:

Exactly so, the scammers always like to track accounts that have a lot of money, so they will create many ways to steal your account. Buying protection software is always necessary.

Correct. People should begin to appreciate their investment. Better to prevent than you spend more money to cover losses.

12 hours ago, Awaremooner said:

I kind of feel comfortable keeping my assets on Kucoin main accounts than even in my wallets.

You must divide the area of your assets. So you have liquid assets and do not depend on any party when you need them.

1 hour ago, aqua said:

The most important is to keep that secret key in a safe place and don't let other people know where you save.

You should make a note for your family. We don't know when we die. And we don't take anything when we die.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:19 AM, Glossy said:

What are you doing to protect your crypto?

There is big danger that someone will take your crypto assets from you, so we must be careful in protecting them.

Here are some of the rules that help us protect them:

1. If you hodl crypto then use hardware wallet or cold wallet - copy the seed and store it on 2 or 3 safe locations - same with cold wallet

2. Don't let your assets stay on exchange too long

3. Always be careful before investing in ICO - research the team and the project

4. Never trust anyone who contacts you on Telegram group and offers you "some great deal"

5. If something seem too good to be true, it is probably scam.

If you have any tips please do not hesitate to share it

Stay safe my friends

If you find this thread helpful feel free to mark is as interesting

Hello, I don't have much knowledge about wallets and I store it through an website which is yobit. Is it the ones that are considered to be hardware wallets? And I am aware for scams and I thank you for such sharing good information.

On 10/17/2019 at 4:01 AM, bichou1584 said:

Thank you very much for the advice.  The world of cryptocurrencies is very dangerous and we hear daily news of piracy and fraud.  A lot of exchanger was hacked and stolen customer money.  Comply with the safety procedure

Just safe your coins in the best exchange if you don,t find any wallet of that coin. If you see the wallet of the coin then safe your coin in the wallet and send it to the exchange when the market will go to so much high beause now hackers will hack the exchange and transfer all the money and no one can arrest them.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

1 hour ago, Awaremooner said:

Oh I get now. Not waiting on exchanges before I get my coins converted to fiat is important. Thanks for the advise.

Sometimes exchanges experience technical problems so your withdrawal is delayed. And they will not care that it will harm us and it is our fault.

1 hour ago, Awaremooner said:

Well for me, I share my seed phrase with them telling them they can retrieve my wallet with the phrase. My passwords, I don't share for protection

Maybe our family doesn't understand how to access funds despite having a seed word. Therefore do not forget to give a little instruction. So they don't get lost and instead provide access to other people.

7 hours ago, lucky80 said:

Correct. People should begin to appreciate their investment. Better to prevent than you spend more money to cover losses.

You must divide the area of your assets. So you have liquid assets and do not depend on any party when you need them.

You should make a note for your family. We don't know when we die. And we don't take anything when we die.

That is what we need to think about because if we already make a note or at least we can share and telling our family, we don't have to worry because our family will know what they should do if we die. I already make that, and I create one file and print it, put it on the envelope and give it to my trust person, and if there is something that happens to me, my trust person will give that letter to my family. Besides that, I already teach my family about crypto so they will not have a problem when they used it in the future.

On 11/30/2019 at 4:38 PM, aqua said:

I already make that, and I create one file and print it, put it on the envelope and give it to my trust person, and if there is something that happens to me, my trust person will give that letter to my family.

I hope you give it to someone who is genuinely trustworthy. Because there have been many cases, people will change their minds and betray us. You have to choose the right person. I might put it in a safe deposit box.

1 minute ago, lucky80 said:

I hope you give it to someone who is genuinely trustworthy. Because there have been many cases, people will change their minds and betray us. You have to choose the right person. I might put it in a safe deposit box.

Yes, of course. I already gave it to someone that I trust, and I am sure that he can handle that for me. But I already told to some of my family member about my safe deposit box, and I said them I gave something to someone that I trust to keep that thing until I died so they can open the deposit box together and read I wrote. I hope that they will understand and they will use all of my asset for good things, not just for themselves but for other people too. I think I already prepare everything and I hope that I did the right thing for my family.

On 12/1/2019 at 4:55 AM, Awaremooner said:

giving out your password can expose you to hacking

Well, of course, that is why the instructions will prevent our families from finding ways to use seed words that can end errors by accidentally giving seed words to others.

4 minutes ago, aqua said:

Yes, of course. I already gave it to someone that I trust, and I am sure that he can handle that for me. But I already told to some of my family member about my safe deposit box, and I said them I gave something to someone that I trust to keep that thing until I died so they can open the deposit box together and read I wrote. I hope that they will understand and they will use all of my asset for good things, not just for themselves but for other people too. I think I already prepare everything and I hope that I did the right thing for my family.

Wow, you've prepared everything well, friend. You must love your family. Congratulations, I declare you as a real blockchain-minded person. 

What I do to protect the web is that I use a web wallet because it's the easiest and most widely used and the safest offline storage solution creates a seamless experience for trading, trading, and protecting my crypto.