Explanation of 10 commonly used terms in cryptocurrency. - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Raqeebzy

Explanation of 10 commonly used terms in cryptocurrency.

thanks for the informative post, i think all those who are new to crypto currencies should learn these terms to help them understand more what's going on

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                            bf_320x100.png

On 3/15/2020 at 4:45 PM, Raqeebzy said:

I decided to post this to let us know the meaning of some terms used in cryptocurrency.

• BLOCKCHAIN: It is a public ledger of all bitcoin transactions that has been processed in a chronological order 
  • BTC: Just as US Dollars is denoted by $ symbol. 10bitcoin can be represented as 10btc
  • FAUCET: A service that typically gives free bitcoins by watching some advertisement or filling out survey etc. 
  • FIAT CURRENCY: Normal everyday currency like the US Dollars, the Euros, Pounds etc
  • SATOSHI: Named after Nakamoto Satoshi. It represents the smallest sub unit of bitcoin. 100000000Satoshi makes a Bitcoin 
  • WALLET: A bitcoin wallet is equivalent to a normal wallet which you can keep your bitcoin. Each wallet has its own specific address attached to it. 
  • HODL: Short form of "Hold For Dear Life". It is a slang used in cryptocurrency meaning holding a coin/token rather than selling it. 
  • TOKEN: The coin of a cryptocurrency is called a Token. 
  • BITCOIN: The very first cryptocurrency created in 2008 by an individual or group under the name Nakamoto Satoshi.
  • ALTCOIN: Bitcoin is the first and the most successful of all the cryptocurrency. All other coin apart from bitcoin are grouped together under the category of Altcoins. 

You can visit FINDER.COM for more of these. 

Please do ensure to give me a reputation if you find this helpful.

It is quite redundant if we always here these terminologies here in crypto talk but we don't have a choice because it is part of the systematic living here in the crypto world. Maybe those newbies aren't familiar with these terminologies but once you are a long time part of the crypto world you will be very familiar with these terms.

• +4 1

Thanks for sharing this useful information with us. I also know about it but here are many new members who have to know this. Keep posting like this topic. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

Great and also thanks for sharing such an explained details about the terms mostly used in the Cryptocurrency and there was also a confusion for some beginners for some of the above terms which i think now would have been cleared.

Thanks for sharing. I am familiar with these terms but I know someone will need it. These are all common and mentioned terms. Your explanation is relatively correct. I want to add a little bit about blockchain, it's a technology.

• +2 1

It is very good to see many important terms within this forum as many members have shared all the important terms for everyone within the forum sections Thank you my friend

• +1 1

You have already given all the regular words using the cryptocurrency their is nothing in my head to add, also im usually using all those words except HODL first time I have heard about this word but it's good to see today I'm learning new thing so thanks to you for giving such information we can easily relate to it and even we are getting more updates about cryptocurrency.

• +1 1

On 3/19/2020 at 8:10 PM, Badman001 said:

good ! just correct your word HOLD you write HODL .

anyway this is amazing post I think you are missing exchange that's is most commonly used in cryoto market as well as airdrop also 😉 .

Mate he have written same. Its called HODL in the world of crypto. HOLD is wrong in terms of crypto currency. And yes this topic is amazing as these are commanly used cryoto currency terms. 

This information is valuable and useful. I, who worked for three years, did not know any of the concepts until I read the article even though it was apparent to me. Many junior members will benefit from this post. You have to publish another publication containing other concepts in order to expand knowledge

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

46 minutes ago, pablomarwan said:

This information is valuable and useful. I, who worked for three years, did not know any of the concepts until I read the article even though it was apparent to me. Many junior members will benefit from this post. You have to publish another publication containing other concepts in order to expand knowledge

Well, I am happy I taught you something, it is a compliment to me. I am just doing what I have to do here. I am looking forward to creating more informative stuffs, stay tuned. 

• +2 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

I will copy and paste this information into my device I want to benefit from it later, thank you for explaining this information in detail, thank you for this useful post.

Thank you my friend for sharing this information, it is a good publication and useful at one time especially for beginners who may not know the meaning of all these common terms in the crypto world, that any member of CryptoTalk should know these common terms

• +1 1

Thanks dear friend for sharing this , it true most people don't know the meaning of some most used terms in the crypto world, and with sharing this post people who don't know the meaning of the terms will actually know it through ur post .

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 4/18/2020 at 7:41 AM, Honny143 said:

Well bro you covered all useing words in crypto currenc

No, this is not all, just 10 most used words. There are hundreds of commonly used words in cryptocurrency, you might as well do yourself some good by checking on 300 most commonly used cryptocurrency terms.

• +1 1

This is great, i know most of this commonly, but the other i just know it from your topic so thank you for this my friend. All of us we have to know this commonly , because is really important , is the basic of this world , so we have to know it .

• +3 1

Thanks friend for sharing this knowledge, there are many words in crypto currencies and we only know few of them but am glad that you have share some of them. This words are very helpful and i suggest all members who don't know them to note them somewhere.

• +1 2

Time is the ultimate weapon!

9 hours ago, King98 said:

It is full of terms so we must increase our information in this case and there are many things that are really useful to learn through our coding and to really share this useful information

Yes I think that you are right and I think that it is great because somebody are taking care of other users here and like beginners that don't know the terms in cryptocurrencies which I think is great because they are teaching them

• +3 1

this is pretty well post , this is well if you mentioned airdrop and bounty that's is mostly used term in crypto market also .this is really helpful post who still not didn't know about this term .

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

I congratulate you bro for this excellent topic with very useful and important information paw all are terms of our day to day thank you for sharing 

These were among the prominent and most used terms in the field of cryptocurrencies that every beginner should know and understand what it means

• +2 1

Life is great and enjoy it

This is an informative content those terms mentioned above are majorly used Item that is oftenly  used in crypto currency 

On 4/18/2020 at 8:44 PM, Saj555 said:

Cryptocurrencies give you always easy features and trading system in the world of crypto. Through this crypto trading a lot of user can easily earn profits quick and secure enough than any other projects. But the terms referred here is quite important to know as a crypto user. The blockchain network is a large network that manages the whole information about transactions or withdrawals. 

Crypto is the best business in the world and also in this business so many peoples earn good money through trading because crypto trading is the easiest way to make money in the market and also you can easily sell your coins and make cash them.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Thank you for this explanations and i have understand them well. I though the word HODL it was a typing error 😅 but after i read its meaning i ended up laughing.

• +1 3

This is very important and useful information for everyone, especially new users in the forum to read carefully and understood the terminologies, they are conversant terms that one always come across in Crypto world. 

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

17 hours ago, Tunuu said:

Thank you for this explanations and i have understand them well. I though the word HODL it was a typing error 😅 but after i read its meaning i ended up laughing.

Oh welcome. I have to say I have made some corrections to the topics as some of it were wrong, a mistake on my part.

HODL isn't the short term  of Hold For Dear Life as it was popular portray to be. I have made the corrections or you can check on the topic by @BTC Future. Here is the link 

Everyone else should please take note.

• +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1