"Periodically" trading strategy (long-term) - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BullRunBit

"Periodically" trading strategy (long-term)

First before I explain I want to write that I research before creating topic and I found topics about asking which coin to buy for long term trading some topics about which BTC price was before 10 years and now or whether to invest or not for long term etc.

To start, for this strategy you must to have some incoming to invest long term in some coin.

Lika I write in tittle it's "Periodically" and that mean that you invest for example every 7 days, 10 days, 15 days, 30 days.

And when you say "long-term" you must to decide how long do you want to invest in that coin for example 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years.

I will use one website ( https://dcabtc.com/ ) which is really good to calculate how much you could to earn if you invest in BTC periodically before for example 5 years,

I will write below example how much you could to earn investing in BTC:

10$ weekly for 5 Years

Invest: 2,600$

Profit: 27,000$ (-2,600$)= 24,400$

It's different from day trading or any other type of trading because simple it's long term, but it's profitable for sure but of course you must to choose well which coin you will buy.

That is it for now, happy HODL ing. :classic_happy:

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

It is a good strategy but I do not have enough patience to trade in the long term and this is the problem that I have and it is difficult to bear for the long term so are there tips on the short term as well

THINK POSITIVE

34 minutes ago, laska smrtici said:

One of the problems and difficulties that most traders face is controlling their nerves and patience because this requires a lot of strength and self-control.

I agree with you.

People mostly think on fast profit (day trading) and that is OK but dont expect a lot of profit from that.

I follow some people which invest in ETH for a long time and they did not sell any coin (only for the most needy) and I learn this strategy from them.

They buy ETH periodically, for example when price was 170$ and 130$ and 280$ it is important on which price you buy but with this strategy it's more important that you to stick to the plan.

Trading is not just to get profit, than you know what you doing.

2 hours ago, SlowBoy said:

Mostly these sites are scam. As they are very scam in many ways. Still I will say that if we are working in the best strategy than it will be nice.

I dont understand what you talking about?

How this site can scam you?

This is just site to check how much you could to earn if you invest in Bitcoin for some time of example 1 year or 4 years etc.

I dont understand how that can be scam?

And this strategy you can adjust to you how you think it's best for you and this site dont have anything with your choice of coin or when you will invest.

19 hours ago, Tawhid03 said:

The post information is good.We invest money in crypto currency is very profitable. Because we can see the price today is not still the next day.It change secondly. So i know it is profitable.

You must to have goal in long term strategy.

And if you decide to start with this strategy you must to know that you will not maybe make profit half or whole year but maybe you will make profit after one month and of course you must to decide what is "good profit" for you to sell your coins.

Soon I will share one more strategy which can be combined with this strategy.

Thanks for sharing, you told me better way to work. I will try it. trading requires a lot of patience both on emotional issues, more importantly still need to give yourself a specific plan and strategy.

On 3/12/2020 at 11:27 PM, BullRunBit said:

I will use one website ( https://dcabtc.com/ ) which is really good to calculate how much you could to earn if you invest in BTC periodically before for example 5 years,

10$ weekly for 5 Years

These calculations don't seem realistic to me! Investing weekly for 5 years means investing for 240 weeks and each week only $10. The amount of investment is very low and it involves predicting what may happen in every single week! How can that website predict with such certainty that all your weekly investments will be successful after 5 years? I can't even predict bitcoin price for the next 3 weeks. I think these numbers are just inaccurate speculations. I prefer to invest periodically for every 3 or 4 weeks not years! When the trading period is shorter, the predictions will be more accurate because the chances of any big global event to happen during a short period of time is very low but when you invest for the next year, you can't predict what will happen during the long period.

Indeed, a "long-term" strategy requires patience and you need to put money and forget about it for a period of time but when you do it right there are enormous profits that will make up for your patience.

2 hours ago, kadayakito said:

Thanks for sharing, you told me better way to work. I will try it. trading requires a lot of patience both on emotional issues, more importantly still need to give yourself a specific plan and strategy.

Like I write already I have one more strategy which can be use with this strategy for long term trading, soon I will write topic and i will inform yours here.

16 minutes ago, Brushless4500KV said:

These calculations don't seem realistic to me! Investing weekly for 5 years means investing for 240 weeks and each week only $10. The amount of investment is very low and it involves predicting what may happen in every single week! How can that website predict with such certainty that all your weekly investments will be successful after 5 years? I can't even predict bitcoin price for the next 3 weeks. I think these numbers are just inaccurate speculations. I prefer to invest periodically for every 3 or 4 weeks not years! When the trading period is shorter, the predictions will be more accurate because the chances of any big global event to happen during a short period of time is very low but when you invest for the next year, you can't predict what will happen during the long period.

Where you see that someone write "predict" or where you see that someone talking at a future time?

Like I write "how much you could to earn".

Dont write before you read.

On 3/22/2020 at 6:03 PM, BullRunBit said:

I agree with you.

People mostly think on fast profit (day trading) and that is OK but dont expect a lot of profit from that.

Maybe, but if you make on average 1% profit on your trades every day, you still end up with a lot of money at the end of the year. The gains per trade are lower (and the fees are higher), but the number of trades is much higher too.

On 3/12/2020 at 8:57 PM, BullRunBit said:

10$ weekly for 5 Years

Things don't always work out that great:

Say, you started 2 years ago, and you put $100 in Bitcoin once every month, then the same site gives you this result:

Wow! Buying $100 of Bitcoin every month for 2 years starting 2 years ago would have turned $2,400 into $1,996 (-16%).

So with that strategy, you would have lost over $400!

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

4 minutes ago, johant123 said:

Maybe, but if you make on average 1% profit on your trades every day, you still end up with a lot of money at the end of the year. The gains per trade are lower (and the fees are higher), but the number of trades is much higher too.

Do we talking about 1.4% per trade (per day) or exactly 1%?

Because trading fees is 0.4% (0.2%x2) and if is 1% that is 0.6% exactly. :classic_biggrin:

And "if you catch" that 0.6% daily that is 30*0.6%= 18%*12= 216% per year,

if is 1% that is 30*1= 30*12= 360% per year.

Now we know how much you can earn per year with 1% X3.6 and with 0.6% X2.1, and what you need to do to catch every day 216 or 360 days or you can stop with less but every day to make good trade and earn at least 1% that is good but difficult to accomplish.

3 hours ago, Junior01 said:

I am thinking to invest but yet not sure which coin is best to invest for a long term holding for 5, 10 or 15 years of holding, if you have any idea for low investment let me know. 

You can apply this strategy, for example you can invest weekly or monthly some "low investment" and repeat that but I recommend you to remember on which price you buy that coin/token to know which is your breakeven price.

And 10/15 years is long period maybe 5 years too and in any time price can go much higher and you can sell that coin with good profit maybe for 1 year maybe for 5 years. I hope you understand point.

A long therm need a big amount and big patience i can do that with specific coins but not all, just bitcoin and ethereum that i can hold for a long therm because it's stable and never go against you 

4 minutes ago, scorpiali said:

A long therm need a big amount and big patience i can do that with specific coins but not all, just bitcoin and ethereum that i can hold for a long therm because it's stable and never go against you 

Tell that to people which buy Bitcoin at 20k$ price. :classic_wink:

I dont understand why you need "big amount"?

Like I write in this topic about strategy where you buy some coin/token daily,weekly or monthly and after some time you will have that "big amount" with smaller investments.

This is long term strategy of course that you must to be patient.

6 minutes ago, BullRunBit said:

Tell that to people which buy Bitcoin at 20k$ price. :classic_wink:

I dont understand why you need "big amount"?

Like I write in this topic about strategy where you buy some coin/token daily,weekly or monthly and after some time you will have that "big amount" with smaller investments.

This is long term strategy of course that you must to be patient.

Because if you invest big you will earn big and the time will not be important,if you put 100 dollars and you get one per cent every day you have one dollar like profit every day, but if you put 1000 you will get 10 per day it's to much different I think 

This cyclical strategy will be good and suitable for many people and they will achieve a good profit by definitely following it

Life is great and enjoy it

On 5/23/2020 at 5:38 AM, Thekingcallme said:

This cyclical strategy will be good and suitable for many people and they will achieve a good profit by definitely following it

It's for sure better than to invest one-time because you can easy stuck on that price on which you buy, and with periodically investing you can buy if price go down and your break even price can be lower than price on which you buy coins first time.

23 hours ago, DoboniAyuuii said:

Long term trading also known as swing trading I very good, and I done in the right way, it is very profitable. But, it I a little bit risky by investing at the wrong time like fomo. 

It's not just about long term trading, it's about to invest periodically which means that you dont buy at one price than (periodically) for example today price of ETH is 210$ you buy for example 50$ and before 4 days price was 196$ and if you buy at that price for example same amount (50$) your break even price is 203$ (for all your investment 100$) I will write you simple explanation:

ETH price 196$ / Buy with 50$ / 0.25510204 ETH

ETH price 210$ / Buy with 50$ / 0.23809523 ETH

Total investment: 100$ / 0.49319727 ETH

Break even price: 203$ (0.49319727 ETH) = 100.31$

If you dont know what is break even check out this topic:

• Useful or interesting 1

I do not believe on such periodically long term trade because if someone invested like this and the price just fall abruptly beyond expectations, the long term grade then is not successful. 

I think this thing requires a lot and a lot of faith and belief that the price will rise and will achieve greater profits, but in return we must not forget that it is possible for the cryptocurrency prices to decrease in the future and lose money. We must take bad scenarios into account as well.

Yes long term trading have low risk of losing money. And if we invest high amount in it then definitely we will get a high amount of profit. I do short term trading or mid term trading. 

• +4 1

Long-term trading for me is trading for several years where I store unpopular currencies like Ripple for several years until the price rises dramatically and I sell them As for bitcoin and ethereum they are trades on short and medium periods almost every two months because they fluctuate constantly This is my principle in trading

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

2 hours ago, magd said:

Long-term trading for me is trading for several years

Although, you said for you, but not only that way, long term trading starts from 6 months and above. 

2 hours ago, magd said:

where I store unpopular currencies like Ripple

Ripple is the second strongest altcoin, which makes it a popular cryptocurrency. 

2 hours ago, magd said:

As for bitcoin and ethereum they are trades on short and medium periods almost every two months because they fluctuate constantly This is my principle in trading

It depends, if you are good at this, it can turn a good profit. Both, bitcoin and ethereum are good for more period of time of swing trading. 

Thank you, my friend, for sharing this strategy here, but I don't think there is an investment site that gives you $ 10 a week !! Most investment sites give you a percentage of the amount that you invest, for example 1%, 2%, 5%, 10%, and so on. And do not forget that the price of bitcoin changes many times during these years.

Long term investment always risk free but when we chose good exchange, but in my opinion website not trustable because its so much long period, 5 years its to long in this gap this website do scam then we loss our money, but we invest in exchange like yobit its safe and secure our investment.

That's a great thing actually. But some users like me actually don't wait for the long term investment. But the strategy that you mentioned is quite good and also trustworthy. Patience is very important for the long term tradings or investment. But the profits are also quite good in long term projects. But we love to do daily tradings or short term investment  

• +2 1