What to do if a coin accidentally reaches your wallet? - Page 14 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

What to do if a coin accidentally reaches your wallet?

It is hard to return it to the owner because there are no transactions record once it reaches to your wallet. All you need to do is to be happy because you earned a coin.

Actually if a certain amounts of coin is deposited in my address , I know this is a mistake and the person will actually be in pains for loosing his money when he or she finds out it was sent to a wrong address, so all I would do is to send it back to the address.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I think there is a way to know the sender from the transaction, if I know the sender wallet, I will surely return it. I do not believe making money through another person misfortune. 

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

I am using crypto market more then two to three years never accidently received any coins or tokens it means no chance if i received then I will gave return to that person who wrongly send to me because we need to become professional traders and don't cheat to any funds not related to me. 

It didn't happen to me in the last ten years because it is just almost impossible to send your cryptocurrency on a wrong wallet when there are a lot of symbols which you just copy most of the times.

On 4/15/2020 at 5:23 AM, jamesvince said:

I am using crypto market more then two to three years never accidently received any coins or tokens it means no chance if i received then I will gave return to that person who wrongly send to me because we need to become professional traders and don't cheat to any funds not related to me. 

Thank you, my friend, for your safety. This is a very noble position from you. Yes, this is a very weak possibility, but it can happen. In this case, it is better to return the currency to its owner and wait for it. The reward for your safety is better than you keep it without you having the right to do so.

1 hour ago, kusvuw10 said:

If a penny accidentally came to my wallet, I would probably keep it for a while and wait for the owner to contact. But I didn't wait too long and if he doesn't contact me I will definitely have to use it. Because I can't wait forever

It is okay, this behavior is good, waiting for some time is required and it is not good to exchange the work immediately, but I do not think that the owner can contact you because he certainly will not have an email or something like that, he will only have the currency address.

On 2/12/2020 at 2:36 PM, Zaino34 said:

If a coin gets to my wallet by mistake, I will return it to the sender and wait for him to reward me for returning it, because I put myself in the same situation. That would be very sad.

Who will be returned teh Bitcoin that is mistaken send to a wrong address? I think you will not do it because this is the opportunity to have a money and no one people can retrieve it, trust me.

2 hours ago, chrislynn said:

If I received accidentally any coins or tokens from erc eth address then I will return their all token or coin because we are human can be missing takes we need to help each other for solving problems of other lost funds.

It is good to send back the coins that you have been received but, you need to deduct the amount of gas you needed in order for you to send back that coin.

If someone else already answered something similar, my bad then. Who would like to read over 30 pages of spam anyway? 🙂

On 2/12/2020 at 12:32 PM, Crypto123 said:

First, technically, could such a mistake occur?

A typo can oftentimes be made if one is not paying attention. For example, the letter ' O ' and the number ' 0 ' looks similar and are sometimes mistakenly interchanged. Same thing goes for the uppercase letter ' I ', the lowercase letter ' l ', and sometimes even the number ' 1 '. Care should therefore be taken when transferring data like passwords and private keys, such as jotting them down on paper.

On 2/12/2020 at 12:32 PM, Crypto123 said:

Second: From the moral point of view, what do you do in this case?

The ones who answer 'they'll return it' but are just posting here for the 1000 sats and not adding to the discussion elsewhere are TOTALLY dishonest. Better for them to just say they'll take it and not have them returned.

As for me, that would depend on the amount that was mistakenly sent. If the amount is huge, then of course I'll return it; who knows from what shady enterprise it came from, and I don't want anything to do with it. But if the amount is small and the transaction fee is too high, what would be the point?

Edited by kyoukage01
  • Useful or interesting 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

8 hours ago, Preadator889 said:

I will take all of those coins in my wallet and keep them in stock, and when the market price of these coins increases, I can earn money by trading them, and you have to have patience for that,  If you do not have the patience you will waste these coins.

This is what many members do if there is a money accidentally send yo you address and when you are losing your money like this, there has no chance to get it back. I hope you may understand.

If this happens to me and I find some money in my wallet, I will not return anything to the address that sent the money to me because it is possible that the address belongs to a site and if I return the money it will be sent to the site and the person who sent it will not benefit anything

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

It didn't happen with me anytime. But if something happens like that then I will hold that currencies forever and see what happens for that currency. As I know that the currency is not mine then why should I immediately sell or trade it. I will hold it and wait for the increase of the price for the coin and then I will trade that. Because I don't think there is any way to return  the currencies where it came from. 

On 2/12/2020 at 7:32 AM, Crypto123 said:

Did it happen to you before a deposit arrived in your wallet by chance and did not know who sent this coin?
Sometimes it happens that people put a wrong address and do not pay attention to it, then discover their mistake too late.
What if someone accidentally deposited a coin on your wallet? Would you be happy and ignore it as if nothing had happened?
Or will you return the coin to the address it came from?

From a legal point of view, you are not guilty and do not blame you, but let us discuss the matter from a technical and moral point of view.
First, technically, could such a mistake occur?

Second: From the moral point of view, what do you do in this case?
I want to know your opinions

If coins accidentally reach my wallet, I will try to return them to the address they came from.  I have no right to use what is not mine. If I fail to send it, I will donate it.

لكسب

1   https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/8704hg0

2   http://t.me/animalfarm_V2_Bot؟start=470526578

On 4/22/2020 at 6:33 AM, Blessing36 said:

If a coin accidentally reaches my wallet I'll be very gappy and know its a blessing. I'll ise it right away to withdraw to my fiat and enjoy some. After some time when bitcoin drops I'll reinvest the remaining amount

Yes mate, there are some members here are being rude for this, they are saying that they will bring it back to the real owner, who stupid person will do that? Don't be rude guys, happy posting.

first i would check its foe a airdop or not if it was i will keep it and if it wasn't i will return it back to the sender wallet address because its not mine and maybe someone accidentally sent it to wrong address .

Well, I didn't fall into this situation so I don't know what to do if I fall into it, but if I know the person who sent me bitcoin by mistake, I will return it to him so this is a moral obligation.

Bitcoin or any decentralized cryptocurrency cannot be returned because it is not sent directly from the sent wallet and for this you will not be able to return it to the owner of the currencies personally
I previously received batches of bitcoin but did not return it

Life is great and enjoy it

On 4/19/2020 at 5:37 AM, kyoukage01 said:

If someone else already answered something similar, my bad then. Who would like to read over 30 pages of spam anyway? 🙂

Well, my friend, you are right, I am also surprised by this huge number of answers, and I have reached thousands on this topic, which is less than normal (this is my opinion, frankly, even though I wrote the topic)🤣 !!! I also want to tell you that forum moderators have deleted more than 35 pages of replies to this topic and I still receive notifications about this topic and I am ignoring many of it.
Perhaps the members here like the easy topics that need no thought when replying

1 hour ago, Crypto123 said:

Perhaps the members here like the easy topics that need no thought when replying

Well, topics with open-ended questions like these are really bound to get flooded. Not that nobody is complaining, I think, otherwise this topic would have been deleted already. It got shaved a few pages instead.

And did nobody really bothered answering question #1 like I did? Before I wrote the previous comment, I was barely able to read up to the first 3 pages until I had enough.

... ... ...

Hmmm, how about you? What would be your own answer to the questions in your topic, if you haven't answered already? It has been so long since you wrote this, maybe now is a good time for us to hear your opinion in the matter. 😄

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

I usually send such a coin back if I am not waiting for it and no one has contacted me and said that it is a gift, since people often make mistakes in the addresses of their wallets.

At first I will be shocked if any coin come to my wallet accidentally if sender request me to give his coin back then I will give his coin if he do not say anything and ignore the coin then I will keep them and trade them when their value increase. 

On 5/3/2020 at 7:18 PM, CryptoLover21 said:

At first I will be shocked if any coin come to my wallet accidentally if sender request me to give his coin back then I will give his coin if he do not say anything and ignore the coin then I will keep them and trade them when their value increase. 

I don't think he can contact you, because he will have no way to contact you. He will only have the wallet address that you own but he does not have an email or Facebook so that he can contact you. You should return the currency.

Frankly, I am confused, it is rare that a transfer error occurred because the transfer address we take it copy-paste, but assuming this happened I don't know what to do. Maybe one of my friends might have sent it to me and he didn't tell me as a surprise and he use a broker for that and if I return it To that address we may lose money, I think I will wait at least a week and then make my decision.

I think if a coin mistakenly entered my wallet from an unknown person I will withdraw half and give it out as a charity then will you the rest for investment and trading for myself.