Why the teams usually don't go through KYC? - Page 5 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
dentolas

Why the teams usually don't go through KYC?

Yes spreading personal info is so dangerous. But I have seen many campaign that require KYC because of multiple joining in bounty campaign. According to me that's a great step now cheater will stay away from those campaign.

On 10/8/2019 at 4:34 PM, dentolas said:

With so many KYC requirements around, and people being forced to go through KYC to get their funds back, or just to participate in bounties... I don't usually see any KYC being done from the team...hell, sometimes the guys are even anonymous...

Am I incorrect? have you seen projects demanding KYC with the team also following the rule? are these frequent?

why do people keep on feeding this system and don't start, at least, by asking KYC from the team?

for me, spreading personal info and documents on the web (KYC) is a dangerous business

They may need personal data to reduce the level of fraud that exists. It's just that we think the use of KYC is very dangerous for our personal data. We don't know that in the future our personal data can be used for bad things.

they will not dare to share their personal data with the members because when the situation is cornered, they will run away. therefore, kyc is still required to members and participants and the team does not do that.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:34 PM, dentolas said:

With so many KYC requirements around, and people being forced to go through KYC to get their funds back, or just to participate in bounties... I don't usually see any KYC being done from the team...hell, sometimes the guys are even anonymous...

Am I incorrect? have you seen projects demanding KYC with the team also following the rule? are these frequent?

why do people keep on feeding this system and don't start, at least, by asking KYC from the team?

for me, spreading personal info and documents on the web (KYC) is a dangerous business

I think Kyc is a program that is dangerous if done. therefore when I join a bounty program or mostly done by airdrop, I never want to do kyc.

If the project is not time-tested and has not proven itself well, then I am also afraid to pass KYC. I don't know exactly why but I think it's a risky process.

I think this KYC is less effective, because it is web-based or online, while people don't know what's behind this KYC. Be careful because with the KYC data can be misused by irresponsible persons

On 12/9/2019 at 12:44 AM, UsedCondoms said:

What is the point of KYC exactly? legal requirements?

It is simply a type of activation, required by major platforms and sites such as bittrex, and it requires you to do your second activation by submitting documents, either a passport or an ID card, I hope I have benefited you.

23 hours ago, Awaremooner said:

Cheaters will not necessarily stay away, they will find another way to circumvent the system. What is the worth of Bitcoin you will get from the campaign to compromise your identity online?

I'm not doing any bad or illegal thing in online so compromising my identity doesn't matter when I'm getting a good amount of coin. In maximum exchange site need to do KYC to start trading. So this is a simple matter.

On 12/21/2019 at 10:14 PM, Awaremooner said:

No one claimed you are doing an illegal activities but just imagine for a minute what could happen when your KYC document was hacked and stolen from an exchange with your verified identity and used without you knowing on dark web? Who will law enforcement agents come after?

OMG, I didn't though like that. Exchange website/ ICO website store every  information of KYC on their website?

On 12/23/2019 at 10:44 AM, Matchblower said:

We need the system to change so that all the projects teams will have to undergo verification and authentication before proceeding to token sale.

If that is possible then it will be difficult to meet a fake project again in this Cryptocurrency system

Yes you are right i also feel this annoying to send my personal details to different websites which i have no idea who they really are and they will not sell our personal details to criminals well i can easily do kyc on good reputed platforms you are right there should be a tab on website with kyc of team so every can know who they really are and our personal data is safe on their platform

I think that KYC is not need for the every person identify. It's same way is needed to control scams airdrops and ICO that increasing day by day.

On 10/8/2019 at 1:34 PM, dentolas said:

Yes it is. Kyc is so much dangerous to do. But a team should have. But i dont think so that a team member would involve in any fraudlent activity.

On 10/8/2019 at 4:34 PM, dentolas said:

It's dangerous indeed if you send it to someone whose identity isn't validated, or something with issues of privacy. But sending KYC in reputable exchanges could be safer at least. Just a simple rule to follow, all data and sensitive information on the internet that you sent, cannot be removed. And thus sending personal information should undergone multiple times of thinking before doing.

Well i join Some airdrops and bounty program for last few month are most of the airdrops and bounties  programmes required KYC I do not understand why these people keep such requirements I think we should never do KYC,I will never let anyone have my personal information 

KYC is used for transparency for who handle the account. So that is good idea.

But for bounty program, that is bad. What the benefit we throw our personal data to developer. How they guarantee about our privacy, maybe they only sell our data for profit.

But for verify team on the token project, that is good idea. So with verifying the investor will get their personal data. If something wrong with the project, the investor can use their personal data to claim their fund or something for refund.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

I also do not like it when they demand to go through the KYC procedure. Okay on the stock exchange to withdraw your asset, but it's too much. I think enough of a mobile phone that is registered in the name of the owner. 

i think for most of the new projects i saw the teams dont go through any kyc but its the customers that are obligated to do it, but with old coins the team used to introduce itself and its prior work,.

Joining an airdrop or a bountry it is compulsory to check the project details also. If team is anonymous then KYC should not be done also by users or bounty hunters. 

I am sick of LOVE and want your click on ❤️.

In my opinion, because the project team usually lists all members' profiles on the whitepaper and website so that we can access their identities. Therefore they don't need KYC

YOUengine-cryptotalk.png.2ca158a48ed925f2af8f14fc1863c423.png

If you think one side kyc is really great. Because kyc verification never disappoint you. Kyc verification more than secured compared by another verification. No one can not easily scammed you. Kyc verification sometimes take a lot of time that's why many companies don't want to use this.

I personally have not gone through teams that have undergo through kyc, I guess this is to protect themselves and so that it will actually stay anonymous. Although I do not really know much about it.

On 10/8/2019 at 9:34 AM, dentolas said:

Yes , many scammers also use the KYC policy to fake people and cheat them by providing a project that will make you pass through KYC and the was, they get information and access to your account

Now that's a good question. Why indeed the team usually doesn't go through KYC just like other users? That's a minus point for me. Why do only users that needs to go through KYC, but not the team? We also deserve to know if the team is real or not.