2017 is not 2020 nor 2018 is 2021. - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Barbarellah

2017 is not 2020 nor 2018 is 2021.

Hi everyone!
Many today are thinking that the events regarding the price of Bitcoin between the end of 2017 and the beginning of 2018 will repeat themselves this year and here I remind you of a series of events that ensure that the events will not repeat themselves.

PayPal joins the world of cryptocurrencies.
Now becoming one of the largest buyers of Bitcoin as the company accumulates reserves to meet customer demand. News that contributed to the start of the bullish race of Bitcoin in 2020.

The halving.
The reduction of rewards by half was a reason why Bitcoin is now more difficult to mine and has led to the increase in demand for it.

Initial public offering of Coinbase shares
Event that can lead to mass adoption by investors, institutions and governments alike.

The emergence of the DeFi world using the Ethereum network as its main source.
Now with decentralized finances the game has been changed which has produced a great boom in the use of these platforms, causing the rise in the prices of Ethereum motivated by the increase in the demand for this cryptocurrency.

Institutions and governments making large investments in Bitcoin.

These events and many more are the reasons to assert that the history of Bitcoin with respect to 2017 will not repeat itself.

What is your opinion? Do you think history will repeat itself?

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 3

Always act with conscience and a sense of camaraderie and every time you make a post, stop for a moment and review in detail the posts of other members around you, so that you can give your respective reaction. :classic_wink:

The Crypto history of the 2018 is repeating and the crypto market become un-stale again. BTC is considered the Crypto King which is moving the whole market with his direction.

Youtube ChannelSocial media Assets, Websites and Plugins are available in a very reasonable price 😇 TALK Token is also acceptable.

This is outstanding opinions among many published, thank you for sharing this interesting view @Barbarellah the situation is quite different and explicitly clear for everyone understanding. The reasons you mentioned is true and happens to be the trending factors triggering the rising of bitcoin values above all the massive adoption and appreciation from different part of the world is the main support.

There are similarities but each chart is different and historically we can't have accurate charts having the same trends. It could be the 2016 chart was more closer to 2020 but in the end price did rise a lot faster and was looking like 2017 for the month of December. however price didn't stop rising until $40,000 and I don't see a historic movement that matches this, unless I am missing something.

• +1 1

I believe that investors and businessmen in 2021 will flock to a large number in order to enter the world of crypto, which will lead to a significant increase in the price of cryptocurrencies, especially Bitcoin, and we will find new and strong cryptocurrencies as a result of projects that businessmen will undertake

• +4 1

On 1/11/2021 at 12:58 AM, Barbarellah said:

Hi everyone!
Many today are thinking that the events regarding the price of Bitcoin between the end of 2017 and the beginning of 2018 will repeat themselves this year and here I remind you of a series of events that ensure that the events will not repeat themselves.

Now becoming one of the largest buyers of Bitcoin as the company accumulates reserves to meet customer demand. News that contributed to the start of the bullish race of Bitcoin in 2020.

The halving.
The reduction of rewards by half was a reason why Bitcoin is now more difficult to mine and has led to the increase in demand for it.

Event that can lead to mass adoption by investors, institutions and governments alike.

Now with decentralized finances the game has been changed which has produced a great boom in the use of these platforms, causing the rise in the prices of Ethereum motivated by the increase in the demand for this cryptocurrency.

These events and many more are the reasons to assert that the history of Bitcoin with respect to 2017 will not repeat itself.

Yes, this year it looks very good for encryption and Bitcoin, its price has increased dramatically recently and I think it will continue to rise soon

• +1 1

Well, the price of all coin in cryptocurrency is changing, we cannot say what is the exact price in this coming months or years, you can predict the price when the bitcoin halving started because most of the coins depends only in bitcoin.

On 1/10/2021 at 11:58 PM, Barbarellah said:

This quite looks confusing to me mate. What do say actually happens in 2017. 

In 2017, as long as I remember and seen over and over from the records. BTC reachesd a new high twice in that year, in a space of a month or less and another 3 times or so before a dip in late 2017 and early 2018. Similar thing last and early this year. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

I understand you mean that this year 2021 will not be 2018 when the bear market started. I agree the bull market is far from being over. The small drop of price which could have been even lower it doesn't change anything. But I think the time will not be for all 2021 to be bullish. There will be a top that maybe will happen by the summer. We have to watch the price carefully and make comparisons and predictions month by month, the timeframe of one year is hard to predict.

We see differences with 2017, we didn't see a lot of retail adoption but institutions, this gives hope together with the fact that the halving still has effect as miners are sometimes sell but they do that most OTC this time and not use a lot of exchanges.

These years of note in the subject at hand, my friend, in short are the years of Bitcoin’s development. In 2017, it rose to a high price for the first time in its history, which is $ 20,000 and decreased rapidly. In addition to 2018, it was a very difficult year due to the bad volatility in 2017. I am the year 2020 and 2021 are two distinct years in the world. Bitcoin, which rose further than 20 thousand dollars in late 2020 and exceeded 40,000 dollars in 2021 Thank you

Offcourse all these years have similarities but they differences in some forms are so distinct that one will easily point out points were theur differences actually lies

• +1 1

I agree with your thinking, my friend! Many people think that what is happening is the same as what happened at the end of 2017, but the indicators and the news do not prove it. What happened at the end of 2020 was practically the same as what happened at the end of 2016. The price began to rise months after the halving and then exceeded the previous record high.

For that reason, I think it will still continue to rise, but of course Bitcoin will not be increasing its price all the time, since it is necessary for the price to consolidate and also for there to be healthy corrections so that the indicators stabilize and the bull market continues. Just like it happened so many times in 2017. I remember that in June of that year, Bitcoin was practically dead because after reaching the $3k ath and immediately after it dropped to $1,800. Everyone said it would keep falling and even go back to $600, but we all know what happened next.

Anyway, I think that at some point a bearish market will come, as it has always happened, but according to the charts and news in general, we are still far from that, because the price of BTC has not reached its maximum price during this cycle.

The price of bitcoin between 2017 and the beginning of 2018 is low compared to 2021. We all experience an increase in the price of bitcoin in 2017 as at $20000 but now in 2021 the price of bitcoin reach $40000 that's is 2021 price of bitcoin has doubled 2017 all time high price. 

The problem for many is that the current economic status doesn't allow a lot retail investments. There are many problems and poverty is increasing while too much money was given to institutions to keep investing in stocks. Most of us have sold to take some profit, but this money is moving to cover payments that we require to do. Bitcoin for many is not investment but profit today that is send to cover the gaps from our lost incomes.

The problem is that these years statistics are not that slakky like 2017, obviously we got an all time high these year which is actually the highest bitcoin has ever gone. 

On 1/12/2021 at 9:28 PM, Froshk said:

Offcourse all these years have similarities but they differences in some forms are so distinct that one will easily point out points were theur differences actually lies

The only difference is that it rosed beyond expectations and the fact that it's still hanging high also blows our minds

We can clearly see the difference between fast growth because of a hype in 2017 and slow, step by step growth now. Market cycles repeat every period, but I don't think we will fall a lot, because many new people came to the crypto and market changed for now

On 1/12/2021 at 6:25 PM, JesusFries said:

Well, the price of all coin in cryptocurrency is changing, we cannot say what is the exact price in this coming months or years, you can predict the price when the bitcoin halving started because most of the coins depends only in bitcoin.

@JesusFries  of course crypto currencies price change every movement, and no one exactly predict their price, but some scenario's happen in previous, if we understand those scenarios and calculate with present scenarios,

then we have a idea what's happen in coming month's, like in crypto market there is a sentiment whenever bitcoin halfing happens and bitcoin reach high price, then after months bitcoin reach his low price. so now same thing happen in coming months so we have a great chance to buy bitcoin in low price.

Actually we cant compare those previous years with the present, but there good scenarios that happens in the past that is hopefully wish to repeat again and last year many good scenarios happen that not happen in the past. 

2020 happens to be the fortunate halving to unleashed the price of bitcoin to most highest value ever recorded. 2021 is expected to boost the performance further more beyond the predictions in circulations. True investors stand to reap huge amount of profits than everyone. 2017 and 2018 shows significant rise but incomparable to that of 2020 that unleashed it to the moon

I think we are not able to compare the Bitcoin situation in 2017 and 2018 to the Bitcoin situation in 2020 and 2021. I think the pandemic has its role effect and changed the Bitcoin price history direction. However, maybe if this pandemic doesn't exist, it is possible we will see the same history as 2017 and 2018.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

Through out the year BTC fight over the highest price of all time and this is not fake pump up which will down fall like 2020.This time the real investors and holders make a debut, BTC have now institute level of investment and even China, Us thinking about Crypto policies. From last time recovery of deep web crypto was set by government for auction and government collect the money shows the crypto will not fall in dire situation like 2018 in 2021.The mind of people are more opened toward crypto and they are taking it serious where the hold become the key to success rather then selling. The defi, uniswap,1inch like project make market more bigger in 2020 and expension of market cap gives strong hold to crypto. In now time looks like in 2021 the crypto will have more approval from governments. 

The price of Bitcoin has increased a lot compared to the past. Bitcoin is halving in 2020 and the price continues to rise gradually towards the end of the year.  It was the highest 40K this year.  Bitcoin is the most popular currency in the world, so it will never be the same again.  Bitcoin has been legalized by about 69 countries.  Crypto currency is successful for the world.  So the condition of crypto currency will get better day by day

Well as from 2018 the price of bitcoin shows a significant changes since then the price kept on increasing as in 2017 the price of bitcoin broke the history when it first reaches $20,000 and in the late 2020 history has not only repeat itself but it has gone beyond that.

On 1/11/2021 at 12:58 AM, Barbarellah said:

Hi everyone!

The halving.

Indeed, it seems that the matter is good this year and not like previous years. The amount of money that entered the financial markets has increased, and the price of Bitcoin has also increased a lot