Ethereum POS gets out the store of value characteristic? - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Asunny

Ethereum POS gets out the store of value characteristic?

A great idea. I agree with you from this side, but perhaps the time is not available now to open expansion projects, especially now, with a recovery after past years and developments that have occurred on the price and some of its advantages. But you are supposed to take this step next year. but as I said, I agree with you on this idea now, as the decision must be reviewed before that

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

This feature will help to increase the support of the Ethereum currency and will lead to an increase in its price and an increase in people s desire to acquire this currency and increase its value against the dollar, but I think this matter requires some time

The time is close as it is now less than two months before Eth 2.0 is released, unless they postpone it again. Still I have high hopes for this and we might see really interesting things happening.

From what I've read it might not be a pure PoS model but a mix of PoS and PoW but I'm waiting for more valid news.

I do not expect that this information is real, but if this happens, it will become a simpler and more fun ethereum transformation, but it will take several years to come to be upgraded, especially after the last upgrade was postponed until the end of this year.

• Useful or interesting 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I think that the release of this system in the future can greatly affect the progress and economic development of the cryptocurrency as a whole! Get more demand.

• +1 1

Ethereum has a good potential and we all know that it can be go up and can compare with Bitcoin. And even it can cross the bitcoin too.

I don't know exactly what a utility token is but Ethereum is very big and cannot be limited if described by something that is not about a platform and a cryptocurrency. It is given so much to the crypto world and it has a good position and very high marketcap for this reason.

• +2 1

Ethereum will make a switch from pow to pos but it will not happen immediately. For at least another two years they will have a mixed system of mining and staking and maybe they will remove mining completely after a lot of consideration.

I don't know if ethereum was considered a store of value at all. It doesn't have a limited supply, it was premined by 70 million ethereum from the first block and it had inflation too. So why should this project considered store of value? Many bitcoiners still think it is just overpriced like xrp and premined or preminted as the term for ethereum is.

• +3 1

I think that the testing will show us. It needs years more for the new ethereum to be ready and we will see if this will be good for the price or not. It will mean though that the production cost will be zero or very limited but wasn't Ethereum premined too? what was the production cost for the first coins they sold in presales and the coins the developers got?

• +1 1

I don't have anything against Ethereum but it is just another altcoin. The price moves according to Bitcoin and it has some ups and downs but it never escapes the trend that is directed by Bitcoin. For me store of value is only Bitcoin. Altcoins are not very important for the long run, and maybe this will change later but right now this is how things are.

• +2 2

On 12/17/2019 at 2:37 PM, Asunny said:

Some can agree that the actual Ethereum whit the POW can be seen as a store of value asset like Bitcoin, Litecoin, or other crypto currencies that have a cost of producing. Ethereum 2.0 with the implementation on POS may transform it in just a utility toke like EOS, Cardano or NEO.  What do you think? 

I don't know if Eos cardano and neo are this important but ethereum has most developers working there. It was the first of this kind of platforms and the rest here are not shown anything that can be a challenge to ethereum. It will be something that we have to wait and see what will happen, I don't think that the pow model is worth more than pos.

• +3 1

On 12/17/2019 at 2:37 PM, Asunny said:

Ethereum 2.0 with the implementation on POS may transform it in just a utility toke like EOS, Cardano or NEO.  What do you think? 

I don't think it will drop so low. Maybe you have a good point but I think that with POS it will reduce the miners importance and the manipulation with the fees that help the miners make a lot of money but not helping Ethereum.

I don't think that Ethereum is used for transactions as a currency. It is used in the crypto community for payments but it was stopped once fees were higher and perhaps you are correct, with POS cryptocurrencies become esoteric and not to be used for wide adoption.

• +1 1

What is POW? I think the network fee is too high because they are about to launch the next version of it, after the launch it will be normal I think stating that the new one is batter from the previous one.

The Ethereum chart as I am looked at late it is looks that is only follower of bitcoin and not moving different. It will be more bull when bitcoin will stop rise and it will be ethereum to rise then more. I am see this patern happens for months and the ethereum alone is not some crypto that would be there without bitcoin.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

I don't know either why Ethereum wants to remove proof of work but perhaps they think it is not required to keep the network running. The network needs nodes and these can be nodes that staked a lot of ethereum. The 32 minimum ether is today a lot of money and big risk and it will need many years to give the total profit so I am not sure if this will be very profitable either for small stakers but will help the whales earn most.

1 year has been over but I am still listening about the version of the Ethereum which didn't launch yet. And also don't know when it will be launched.

It will be very great news if the ethereum is a converted from pow to POS. And it can be used as other utility tokens that would be a very good news and very much useful for the cryptocurrency users but I don't think so that it is happening in the next few months it's required a lot of time maybe it is possible in 2021 or next 2022 but when this will happen it will be very good for us.

eth has own view points we can not say what they will do and what they will not and also we do not have any clear news from the team regarding your question.

The upcoming update of the eth there will be a great  and that is how you will be able to share with all the 6otger things which you need to have if want to teach  here.

• +3 1

With the update that you are presenting, it will not take long to be a good complete and practical cryptocurrency, and what better now that you can staking, and generate profits.

• +3 1

If ethereum shift to proof stack system then there are so high chances that the price will go to more then thrice at current price because there are many new investors want to come in the crypto market and this will attract then to invest on ethereum and take advantage .

The recent development of the Ethereum network and the shift from confirming the validity of transactions to proving them and increasing the ability to conduct transactions in a larger number per second is an excellent and impressive matter, especially since the Ethereum blockchain is the basic basis for many other projects in the market.

• +4 1

You can't think of ETH as a value reserve because Bitcoin has unlimited quantity that produces deflation and were created for different functions.
Personally, ETH is an ecosystem that currently has deficiencies; ETH 2.0 is going to improve it and boost its growth, it will definitely increase its price in the future.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day