Was Bitcoin real the first decentralized Crypto? - Page 4 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

Was Bitcoin real the first decentralized Crypto?

Just now, nira09 said:

During this time, the information that I read about the history of Cryptocurrency says that the first Cryptocurrency was Bitcoin that was introduced in 2009, maybe you can provide a link where you found that information, I'm interested to read it.

Okay I'm going to fetch it and send it to you right now;

here is it; https://cointelegraph.com/ripple-101/what-is-ripple

The protocol as a working prototype was created away back in 2004.

13 hours ago, Investors Blog said:

Bitcoin was the first since it was the first to go live. While XRP having the idea is just an idea and the only time they finally make a breakthrough is after reading the bitcoin code and see how the blockchain tech works.

You have got a good point there, but still my point stands, because my point just sates that bitcoin was not the first idea project was juts the successful project.

One thing is sure as bitcoin is first decentralized cryptocurrency in this world as Ripple is centrazlied and its working by a company and managed by someone but bitcoin is never been manage by any one and its from first day of working going through decentralizd as its can check on any forum this coin is blockchain based and no one can control on other hand ripple is controled by a company.

• +1 1

Unless it is proven, otherwise Bitcoin is said to be the first decentralized cryptocurrency. We were told it was established in 2009 while some say the history of its idea can be traced back in the 90s

• +1 1

I learn about crypto currency that there is no one know about crypto currency its concept before 2009, the crypto currency idea presents in 2009 the name of the pioneer is "Satoshi Naka-Mote". This is the first person who give the idea about crypto mean to say Bitcoins.

• +1 1

2009 was the starting of crypto currency introduction and that was bitcoin.i think there was nothing before that and failed to come out in the market.so the current market capital is in front of you

• +1 1

On 12/13/2019 at 10:40 AM, teminalibug said:

I juts found out that Ripple/XRP it's development trace back in 2004 even though it;s release was in 2012,

While Bitcoin was first released in 2009, makes me wonder is bitcoin the very first Idea of cryptocurrency, or there were other failed projects?!!

I wouldn't call Ripple decentralized, and there were centralized digital currencies that all failed because centralized currencies often do face regulations they can't handle.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

1 hour ago, rekter said:

I wouldn't call Ripple decentralized, and there were centralized digital currencies that all failed because centralized currencies often do face regulations they can't handle.

My friend i'm not saying this from no where, i have read it somewhere that ripple is centralized.

On 12/17/2019 at 5:20 PM, guatazoo said:

Have checked the article and most of those pre digital currency development are not using the blockchain, So that concludes the perfect digital money creating success was with the blockchain.

i enjoy furthermore on one occasion seen videos of frequent tiresome to engage tribute for the blockchain technology after satoshi invented it

• +1 1

13 hours ago, el-Muhammady said:

i enjoy furthermore on one occasion seen videos of frequent tiresome to engage tribute for the blockchain technology after satoshi invented it

So those videos are like documentary videos about bitcoin and nakaoto or? link me one by the way?

On 12/13/2019 at 4:40 PM, teminalibug said:

I juts found out that Ripple/XRP it's development trace back in 2004 even though it;s release was in 2012,

While Bitcoin was first released in 2009, makes me wonder is bitcoin the very first Idea of cryptocurrency, or there were other failed projects?!!

If you have traced the development date of Ripple, you should also consider looking at Bitcoin side. I have no concrete information to it yet but this is what I found upon looking more details to bitcoin development "On 18 August 2008, the domain name bitcoin.org was registered. Later that year, on 31 October, a link to a paper authored by Satoshi Nakamoto titled Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System was posted to a cryptography mailing list.". 

But I can't still say that the development of Bitcoin was started at 2008 as it is very short to complete the project in just 1 year of development. 

• +1 1

The concepts of decentralized coin or currency was exist in long way in the past after the invention of Bitcoin but all in all Bitcoin still the one who made the actual coin that exist in the market.

• +1 1

On 12/13/2019 at 9:40 AM, teminalibug said:

yes in 2004 there was ripplepay but it was just a digital payment platform.

the ripple that we all know now was created in 2012, so 3 years after the launch of the bitcoin blockchain.

so yes, bitcoin is the first crypto created

• +1 1

48 minutes ago, Rickso said:

yes in 2004 there was ripplepay but it was just a digital payment platform.

the ripple that we all know now was created in 2012, so 3 years after the launch of the bitcoin blockchain.

so yes, bitcoin is the first crypto created

So that ripple pay is different from the ripple we know today, or it is later changed to the ripple we know today?

4 hours ago, MysteriousIdentity said:

If you have traced the development date of Ripple, you should also consider looking at Bitcoin side. I have no concrete information to it yet but this is what I found upon looking more details to bitcoin development "On 18 August 2008, the domain name bitcoin.org was registered. Later that year, on 31 October, a link to a paper authored by Satoshi Nakamoto titled Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System was posted to a cryptography mailing list.". 

But I can't still say that the development of Bitcoin was started at 2008 as it is very short to complete the project in just 1 year of development. 

18 August 2008 is the the very first date that trace back to the creation if bitcoin, there is no other date below.

1 hour ago, Forhad01 said:

Bitcoin's most important characteristic is that it is decentralized. ... For the first time we have a system that allows for convenient digital ...

But the upcoming coins does not follow the decentralized protocols like Libra, is this good or bad thing?

I'm not very much about this information. But Satoshi Nakamoto was the creator of the first digital currency, bitcoin. Bitcoin became the first decentralized currency after that the second ethereum. I think XRP is a protocol of the ethereum blockchain technology. Bitcoin only creates 2 coins, namely bitcoin cash (BCH) and bitcoin gold (BTG).

• +1 1

On 12/13/2019 at 9:40 AM, teminalibug said:

Welcome with me
It is impossible for a single person like Satoshi Nakamoto to build the idea of coding alone and without preconceived ideas, This is how innovations are always born.
Blockchain was used at the end of the eighties of the last century, but the level of the Internet did not allow it to operate in a better way
I don't exclude it being a software, Ripple / XRP is a 2004 development

• +2 1

2 hours ago, Beromnia said:

Welcome with me
It is impossible for a single person like Satoshi Nakamoto to build the idea of coding alone and without preconceived ideas, This is how innovations are always born.
Blockchain was used at the end of the eighties of the last century, but the level of the Internet did not allow it to operate in a better way
I don't exclude it being a software, Ripple / XRP is a 2004 development

I'm a programmer too and i believe bitcoin could have been built by one person, and i believe that is what happened.

I've also seen recordings of people, they can think about it, but they can't do it to qualify for the blockchain claim, the guy I can't accept in articles, and after Satosi raised it I was on blockchain innovationTrying to get a credit score for...

• +1 1

On 2/11/2020 at 11:25 AM, Alex122 said:

Bitcoin was definitely the first decentralized cryptocurrency on the market. You are talking about XRP but in my opinion XRP is kind of a centralized coin because their blockchain is controlled by the developers 

And would you say if the question was changed to was Bitcoin the first crypto?

The idea of the blockchain, the appropriated record arrange returns quite a few years, and a lot of it was thought to help including record-keeping databases to overseeing resources. Truly until the 2008 acclaimed Bitcoin white paper, nobody discovered answers for unite everything to evade basic disappointments, primarily security, obscurity and twofold spend.

• +1 1

On 12/16/2019 at 7:56 AM, Nakamoto said:

It's not that they don't have a chance. But the project was designed as a central cryptocurrency platform. Decentralization was applied by satoshi to bitcoin, making it the first decentralized cryptocurrency.

The idea behind creation of bitcoin is that sue bitcoin for payment method and thats why bitcoin is a decentralized currency .if some other coin exist before bitcoin the where is this coin .We do not  know about that kind of coin .i think bitcoin is the first crypto coin.

• +1 1

I do believe bitcoin could be the initial decentralized cryptocurrency. Following my comprehension of cryptocurrency, blockchain engineering is out there initially just before bitcoin. Chances are they identified the sweetness and also prospective regarding blockchain and so they help make bitcoin.

• +1 1