Mobile wallet: Comfort vs Security - Page 6 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Aceventura

Mobile wallet: Comfort vs Security

Some mobile wallets have the advanced encrypted storage to store your private key which will not be easily hacked. Not all sort of mobile wallets are less secured but one thing for sure, they still have to add more extra security layers. 

yeah i agree with you phone wallets are really comfortable and easy to use also we all carrying our phone and it means we can use our wallet anytime and anywhere!

18 hours ago, melikf78 said:

yeah i agree with you phone wallets are really comfortable and easy to use also we all carrying our phone and it means we can use our wallet anytime and anywhere!

@melikf78 But we must be careful because someone can easily lose phone, we must back up the wallets store on it and this can be done by backing up the see phrase.

Yes, your words are correct, and I use a wallet on my mobile phone, which is better, as well as safe and comfortable. You can use your wallet any time you want.

Life is great and enjoy it

On 11/25/2019 at 4:00 PM, Aceventura said:

I think mobile wallets are very easy and comfortable to use. They allow you a very fast and convenient way to access your coins, since most people carry their mobile device with them anyway. On the downside, mobile wallets are the least secure form of Bitcoin wallets. When downloading an Android wallet for Bitcoin this means that the private key will be stored on your mobile device. And if the device goes missing, so does the private key. 

I think the biggest problem when using a mobile wallet is in case your device gets stolen. In such a case, an experienced hacker might gain access to your coins quicker than you will be able to recover them.

So, what do you think about comfort vs security while using mobile wallet? 

It is very essential you store a copy of your private key with you in case some one stole your phone there is an application you can search for it in playstore if you installed it on your phone as well as your friends or family member if anyone stoled your phone you can immediately use their phone to lock your phone permanently he can never have access to your privacy.

Yes mobile wallets are very easy to use and I feels very comfortable while using mobile wallets then desktop version, it's fast. I don't think security is a problem because if you have the recovery seed phrase with you at safe place then you can recover your wallet even if unfortunately your mobile phone is stolen.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

i think we must focous on security as compared to comfort , we must follow guidelines of wallets Then there is very low amount of chance that our wallets is going hacked . always used 2fa for security purposes .

• -1 1

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

A highly security system is the very first requirement of any wallets or exchanges.Because if there no security people will not use that wallet or exchanges because their money are always in the risk of getting vanished.So security must be the first issue to select a wallet or exchange.

• +2 1

For me, I think that the wallets of mobile devices provide us with comfort and safety as we can use these wallets and all their features anywhere and for safety we can put all of our private keys in an external source where no one can access these keys if our mobile phone is stolen

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I think the wallet used in mobile crypto wallet is much more secure as well as much more convenient. I use crypto wallet on my phone. It is very easy and convenient to use. I usually use all my crypto wallet on my phone. Because I like my mobile wallet a lot so I like it more.

• +1 1

2 hours ago, Manomano said:

I assume that if someone keeps a certainly large quantity of cryptocurrency on his wallet, he's going to at least make a password for the cellphone and for the wallet utility, so that the hacker will ought to play around for a long term, and while he is completed, the user can write to the help of the wallet and block it.

Having passwords does not guarantee your wallet safety a times, there are malware that can know the passwords, there are malware that will also access the wallet and steal the cryptocurrencies  stored on it. Better to avoid malware completely. 

• +5 1

As the mobile phones can stolen easily , but also the computers can hacked much easier! so i don't think that using phones wallets is dangerous as some members said.. also the phones systems aren't easy to being hacked even if your phone has stolen also the private keys of your wallet should saved well ! but for me , i prefer using hardware wallets if i have good amount of cryptocurrencies.. they are secured well in my opinion..

Most mobile wallets are very comfortable to use, but there also some disadvantages as you mentioned, the biggest of them is alack of safety, but I still prefer comfort to safety

For a mobile wallet to be convenient, it needs to have 1 property: to be simple. The fewer buttons the user sees, the better. And the most important thing is the import of keys and the change in the commission for the transfer.

Mobile wallet is the more comfortable than Laptop or computer, because we don't need to be fix in one place without moving, also navigate with mobile is cheaper than using desktop device consume energy...etc about the security now with the technologies both has their proper security.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

Interesting post, there is a wide variety of mobile wallets that use excellent security technology, although you must always be careful, we should not rely too much on third-party apps. Greetings.

On 11/25/2019 at 11:00 AM, Aceventura said:

I think mobile wallets are very easy and comfortable to use. They allow you a very fast and convenient way to access your coins, since most people carry their mobile device with them anyway. On the downside, mobile wallets are the least secure form of Bitcoin wallets. When downloading an Android wallet for Bitcoin this means that the private key will be stored on your mobile device. And if the device goes missing, so does the private key. 

I think the biggest problem when using a mobile wallet is in case your device gets stolen. In such a case, an experienced hacker might gain access to your coins quicker than you will be able to recover them.

So, what do you think about comfort vs security while using mobile wallet? 

In my opinion, I inform myself before downloading a wallet for my cell phone, I look for references that give me a guarantee that their use is safe and apart from that they do not generate a high commission when making transactions with them. In my case, the last mobile application that I downloaded that showed me reliability to safeguard my ETH was the metamask.

Edited by obatala
error

In my opinion, mobile phone wallets are the best for their ease of use first and also easy access to your digital currencies, and we know that it is always when creating a new wallet. There are words of safety that the wallet gives us. Write them on a piece of paper and keep them in a safe place.

In my opinion, mobile phone wallets are the best for their ease of use first and also easy access to your digital currencies, and we know that it is always when creating a new wallet. There are words of safety that the wallet gives us. Write them on a piece of paper and keep them in a safe place.

With the theme of private keys, you can keep them somewhere else or write them down, and with the theme of hacking, if you have to verify from where you connect, who has access to your mobile device, always have it with a password or fingerprint lock and likewise, never keep all your funds in one wallet.

On 10/1/2020 at 6:39 PM, valery9951845 said:

For a mobile wallet to be convenient, it needs to have 1 property: to be simple. The fewer buttons the user sees, the better. And the most important thing is the import of keys and the change in the commission for the transfer.

I believe that it should be simple but safe when it comes to transfer, it should have security measures or filters that only the owner knows when it is bulnerable to a hack.

Between the comfort and security in the wallets as something obvious I mainly look at everything that has to do with the security of my funds in the wallet I am going to use and after knowing that I can focus on the comfort and ease of the wallet.