Mobile wallet: Comfort vs Security - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Aceventura

Mobile wallet: Comfort vs Security

I think mobile wallets are very easy and comfortable to use. They allow you a very fast and convenient way to access your coins, since most people carry their mobile device with them anyway. On the downside, mobile wallets are the least secure form of Bitcoin wallets. When downloading an Android wallet for Bitcoin this means that the private key will be stored on your mobile device. And if the device goes missing, so does the private key. 

I think the biggest problem when using a mobile wallet is in case your device gets stolen. In such a case, an experienced hacker might gain access to your coins quicker than you will be able to recover them.

So, what do you think about comfort vs security while using mobile wallet? 

• Useful or interesting 7
  • +1 4
  • +2 3
  • +3 4
  • +4 2
  • +5 3

Before creating a wallet, almost all mobile wallets are given a secret phrase that is asked to save, it will then help in case of loss of your phone to restore the wallet.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1

Phone data from the application cannot be retrieved if we use security and lock the smartphone then it will not be lost if the smartphone is lost or stolen.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Yes mobile wallet is comfortable if we compare it with desktop wallet, where we need open my computer and connect the internet first. That is complicated.

For security, i recomended to always use security first on your smartphone. I always active my stolen apps. So if my phone stolen, i can know where the location based gps. Then on your wallet before you create one, they will give you some recovery phrase, write it in paper and save it in safe place. So if your phone stolen, you can access with PC. Also put some pin and passphrase in your mobile wallet.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

Mobile wallets advantages are yes it was comportable and you can bring it outdoor, unlike online wallets you need to open it in your personal computer, and also mobile wallets are so easy to use. 

• +1 1

Mainly comfort and security both are needed for a crypto wallet. as I think first we need to consider the security of my wallet then I will think about comfort.

• +3 1

Indeed confortable to use mobile wallet, because we can open it anywhere, indeed for security there is no guarantee because of the risk of hackers and if our smartphone is lost and found by hackers. Therefore I do not save crypto in large quantities, max $ 500 in a mobile wallet.

• +1 2
  • +2 1

The first important of course it's a security, It's really waste if that wallet was comfort but have weak security. I more prefer using with complex step but with Strong securirty than Comfort wallet but have a weak security.

• +2 1

On 12/7/2019 at 8:50 PM, MinJax said:

Mobile wallets are convenient for those who do not have much time to use the computer or do not have much money. However, it is dangerous if your phone is infected with malicious code and hijacked. Meanwhile, not only the private key but all the data in the phone will be stolen.

Right to say for those who ave not much more time to use their computer then its really very good for them to use the mobile wallet.

• +2 1
  • +5 1

I think that if a person keeps a really large amount of cryptocurrency on his wallet, he will at least make a password for the phone and for the wallet application, so that the hacker will have to mess around for a long time, and when he is finished, the user can write to the support of the wallet and block it.

• +1 2
  • +2 1

A mobile wallet is Pretty much  exactly  it should like a wallet that lives on your mobile device instead  of your back pocket. I think mobile wallet is secure if you save wallet passphrase save place.

• +2 1

I think a mobile wallet is really convenient and it is convenient from the name and mobile is convenient anytime, anywhere, but I do not believe its security and security with a wallet on a PC

Yes mobile wallets are very easy to use. i use mew connect and this security is very high now. i think any one can use this wallet with out any doubt.

Cell phone billfold is usually just one should the protected crypto pouches. Marketing and advertising in comparison with world-wide-web pouches. I'm keen on mycelium intended for trying to keep bitcoin.

When it comes to money, security will have the advantage. But if this money can be earned anywhere, mobility will win. There is a twofold situation and you do not know what is really better.

• Useful or interesting 1

Nearly 2.1 billion consumers worldwide will use a mobile wallet to make a payment or send money in 2019, up by nearly 30% on the 1.6 billion recorded at the end of 2017.” Within a short span of time, mobile wallets have emerged as a popular alternative to debit and credit cards. Also, the mobile wallets have emerged as the most preferred E-commerce payment tool in many countries. Consumers nowadays use mobile wallets on a regular basis for both online and offline transactions.

Thank you for everything..

The best wallet is the phone Application it's easy to use and fast and every where you go is with you, now about security you can't worry about that every app now have the pin code to access to it no one can stol your coins even you have lost your phone and you can recover your wallet at any other device with your seed phrase

• +2 1

On 11/25/2019 at 11:00 PM, Aceventura said:

I think mobile wallets are very easy and comfortable to use. They allow you a very fast and convenient way to access your coins, since most people carry their mobile device with them anyway. On the downside, mobile wallets are the least secure form of Bitcoin wallets. When downloading an Android wallet for Bitcoin this means that the private key will be stored on your mobile device. And if the device goes missing, so does the private key. 

I think the biggest problem when using a mobile wallet is in case your device gets stolen. In such a case, an experienced hacker might gain access to your coins quicker than you will be able to recover them.

So, what do you think about comfort vs security while using mobile wallet? 

Most mobile wallets have layers of security you need to fill out and other measures in order to make it secure and just in case the mobile device gets lost the app must have some sort of encryption and way to deactivate through other means

9 minutes ago, eleos said:

What a non-sense is this? Sorry dont want be rude but obviously you have no idea - a mobile wallet cannot be as secure as a paper wallet for example...

Depends on which method you used for generating the paper wallet, and whether your computer is infected with spyware. I can think of scenarios where stealing someone's private key would be very possible.

Of course, once the wallet is printed, and all traces of the private key have disappeared, it is very safe.

• +2 1

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

Mobile wallet is comfortable then web wallet because we can use it

when we want and mobile can carry everywhere easy to use

• +1 1
  • +2 1

35 minutes ago, eleos said:

Exactly - never leave lots of crypto on any mobile wallet - hardware wallets can’t be recommended enough.

I agree on that for larger amounts. And they are not so expensive anymore (at least in the latest Black Friday sale). But for smaller amounts a mobile wallet is more convenient. Some wallets use the hardware encryption of the mobile device, and I consider those to be pretty safe. Using normal sanity of course ... no apps from untrusted sources on your phone, not rooting or jailbreaking your device, not checking the seed while you are in connected mode.

Edited by johant123
  • Useful or interesting 1

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

Security always comes first in having funds on your digital wallet.

Since hackers tends to crack exchanges with weak security and steal users asset

• +1 1

2 hours ago, Matchblower said:

What is the full meaning of BRD wallets? It is like the first time of hearing the wallet, 

It is a mobile wallet for IOS and Android.

Here is a good review: https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoin-wallet/brd-review/

• +2 1

13 minutes ago, Hamk said:

Mobile wallet is actually fast to use, easy to usr amd convenient to use. I use it always

Yes it's the best much better than desktop wallet and all new wallet have his phone version it's about to be in the race of new technology

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +5 1