Mobile wallet: Comfort vs Security - Page 2 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Aceventura

Mobile wallet: Comfort vs Security

I have heard that mobile versions of wallets can be dangerous. A smartphone collects a lot of data about its owner. This can be dangerous for cryptocurrency.

Much more comfort than safety I think. It’s easy and comfortable because you have always your smartphone so you have always access to your wallet but I keep only the minimum for little payments on mobile.. my investments are stored in desktop wallet or services safety nearly 100%. Most of the money on the exchange for trading but I choose the exchange only if I think they are safe and not scam.

3 hours ago, Hamk said:

Desktop can not be carried but not like the mobile. It is a race of the technology

Yes it's a race of technology i see some wallet like TrustWallet don't have a desktop version just a phone Application also Coinomi wallet and more because it's a old now ever new project based on phone

Mobile wallets are really comfortable and if you need to have security, then don't just be misguided

Mobile phones are increasingly popular and extremely convenient anytime, anywhere, they are fast and understandable, so mobile wallets will surely grow in the future, but whether safety is required. closer, because it's harder to manage

14 hours ago, Hamk said:

They see mobile phone as a convenient way of using crypto since it can be used anywhere. They might created it in future

If you see in all over the world every body have a phone but not all over the world have a laptop so they need to focus on phone Application more than laptop website

4 minutes ago, Hamk said:

That is true, everybody havimg a laptop has a phone on ground. And not all owns a laptop

Yes that's it all the time i use my phone to post and comments in cryptotalk forum in work in coffee at the street every where i go because it's easy I don't wait untile i go home 

If you use any sites crypto wallet and you install the wallet app you can use with QR scan then you are in secure way for this purpose you must be create duel security authentication and then you enjoy every feature without any tension.

I am very aware of security vs security when using mobile wallets as there are many benefits to working online because of the small size of mobile wallets, they must be careful that they offer bitcoin.  So that the mobile phone wallet will be safe so that the cryptocurrency ID will be logged out and kept safe so that the mobile phone will not be stolen or lost.

13 hours ago, Hamk said:

Yes that is the use of the mobile phone so convenient to use at any place at what ever situation

That's why we ask the Cryptotalk forum for build an application for phone Android and iOS because it helps a lot

TO avoid that your android phone is missing with your crypto account in loge in .It is necessary to every one to set a password on your phone and nowadays there are many phones comes with fingerprint security option i suggest to activate this option to avoid this situation .

Mobile wallet is very convenient, it is very simple to use, easy to carry around, it's secure but I don't put a lot of money here, I put money in many different wallets.

Just a complete newbie trying to figure out what mobile wallet app to use for simple purchases.

Hi community. Sorry for complete lack of knowledge on the subject. I have a payment i need to make twice a month and bitcoin is the only acceptable option. I dont plan on storing any bitcoin in there. Only to buy enough coins for the purchase i need to make, then transfer the payment. And do it again 2 weeks later. Simply a payment method. 

Whats the simplest, yet completely safe and secure app to use for my situation? Thanks for any advice.

It seems to me that the most important thing in the wallet is its protection, and what its design looks like is the last thing that should concern me

Security is the main thing in the wallet and the second is comfort. It is my personal principle to find the wallet that I use.

the mobile wallets are very useful and comfortable my favorites are coinomi and trusts, however in terms of security I don't think they can match the hardware wallets as ledger

On 11/25/2019 at 8:00 PM, Aceventura said:

I think mobile wallets are very easy and comfortable to use. They allow you a very fast and convenient way to access your coins, since most people carry their mobile device with them anyway. On the downside, mobile wallets are the least secure form of Bitcoin wallets. When downloading an Android wallet for Bitcoin this means that the private key will be stored on your mobile device. And if the device goes missing, so does the private key. 

I think the biggest problem when using a mobile wallet is in case your device gets stolen. In such a case, an experienced hacker might gain access to your coins quicker than you will be able to recover them.

So, what do you think about comfort vs security while using mobile wallet? 

yes this is the major issue that if we lost our device then we also loss many of our funds, the best way to store our private keys on a different location. and also we should use only one or two wallets that we will not confuse in using another device.

5 minutes ago, Σ(っ゚Д゚;)っ said:

I would rather choose security, like hardware wallets because this is more comportable for me to think that my bitcoins is safe in my wallet. 

Security is indeed what is important for a wallet. For the hardware wallet, I think it's proven to be safe and it's highly recommended to use the wallet.

Losing a phone isn't going to lose your crypto, you still have mnemonic phrases and private keys, and for online wallets like Coinbase you can always log into your account from another device. 

Mobile very comfortable for using.Mobile wallet has also good security.I think mobile wallet is the best wallet for keep crypto safely

Personally I use multi-currency wallets that I install on my computer and on my smartphone then I synchronize them. My favorites are Atomic, Coinomi, Guarda and Exodus.

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

To be honest, I do not associate mobile wallets with comfort, because they are too slow, on the computer you do everything much faster

if we consider mobile cryptocurrency wallets, then we must choose a site as well - for example, coinbase, if the phone is lost, you can then change 2fa on the computer and control the funds through the site.

mobile wallet is very comforting for digital transaction but we should have proper security for it because thats your money dude and youshould kepp it safe. their are many security opptions given by the app or the developer to keep safe your money so use it

15 hours ago, Monjil22 said:

I think mobile is very convenient to use. Mobile wallet also has good security. Can work properly with mobile. The crypto wallet is also a good forum for protection

Sure mobile wallets can be have the good security because the phone is always personally, also you always with it and you set the lock pin