Mobile wallet: Comfort vs Security - Page 7 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Aceventura

Mobile wallet: Comfort vs Security

Comfort vs security, I think that in addition to following the basic security rules in mobile wallets, one should bear in mind that a wallet in this type of device should only have the amount of money that one considers necessary to use during the day or the week.

At the end of the day, in physical wallets one does not carry all their money with them, this would ultimately be another security measure in case of theft and even hacking of the device.

Yes, a convenient mobile wallet if we compare it to a desktop wallet, where we need to open my computer and connect the internet first

On 11/25/2019 at 9:00 AM, Aceventura said:

I think mobile wallets are very easy and comfortable to use. They allow you a very fast and convenient way to access your coins, since most people carry their mobile device with them anyway. On the downside, mobile wallets are the least secure form of Bitcoin wallets. When downloading an Android wallet for Bitcoin this means that the private key will be stored on your mobile device. And if the device goes missing, so does the private key. 

I think the biggest problem when using a mobile wallet is in case your device gets stolen. In such a case, an experienced hacker might gain access to your coins quicker than you will be able to recover them.

So, what do you think about comfort vs security while using mobile wallet? 

If mobile wallets keep the private key on the device, they also give you the opportunity to export it and save it on your computer or transfer it to paper, but there are mobile wallets that have a desktop version, I personally use Coinomi that started on their mobile version and now it has its desktop version compatible with the mobile to be able to store your cryptocurrencies.

Well, that is, you are one of those few who use it - it's still a drop in the bucket - here they proudly wrote that 200 million users think by downloading the application - and around the world - scatter all that remains in countries? zilch, nothing.

I think it all depends on how you see it. There are people who have two cell phones, so one could take it to the street and the other would stay, seeing it like this, the one who remains at home has a wallet. In any case, if the one left at home is stolen, the computer that also stores the passwords would be stolen anyway. Likewise, the phone is less secure than a computer in terms of the wallet, but if we talk about viruses, the computer is prone to infection. Everything is a question of probability.

The mobile wallet is an application for smart devices, through which we can save money or associate other means of payment (credit and debit cards), to make or receive payments, and make transfers to third parties. The mobile wallet, like credit and debit cards, is associated with a bank account

I think security has first priority than comfort.The most secure wallet for me is Coinbase and Atomic.KYC procedure,2Fa,Secret phrases will help you to set security and will alow you not to lose your crypto.Its better to use wallet with good securite system than comfort one which easy to hack.

today, in general, both websites and mobile apps are under threat. so I don't think that the mobile app is less secure than the website. it is also very convenient, opened the app and everything is at your fingertips. Yes, you need to work on security, but if you properly protect your data, everything will be fine.

I think that the mobile crypto wallet is not only secure, but also quite secure, you only need to enable cloud storage of data on your phone, so that if you lose your phone, you can quickly restore all the data

I think mobile wallets can be really comfortable as we have our phones nowadays always with us, but the security about it still has a lot of questions to ask, because it is easy to forget your phone somewhere or somebody can steal it, instead of computers I wouldn't recommend it to use for large amounts of crypto currencies because it is easy to get control of your phone.

I believe that it is necessary to store cryptocurrency in trusted and reliable wallets,so that you know for sure that they will not go anywhere without your demand.

I zero that mobile wallets such as Trust wallet are very safe, what we must take into account is to keep the key in a different place, not on the phone and much less on the internet network, the best thing is to use paper and pencil and write it down and keep it in a safe place for example a safe and in the case of losing our phone, we can recover our wallet.

On 25/11/2019 at 11:00, Aceventura said:

Creo que las carteras móviles son muy fáciles y cómodas de usar. Le permiten acceder a sus monedas de una manera muy rápida y conveniente, ya que la mayoría de las personas llevan su dispositivo móvil consigo de todos modos. En el lado negativo, las carteras móviles son la forma menos segura de carteras Bitcoin. Al descargar una billetera de Android para Bitcoin, esto significa que la clave privada se almacenará en su dispositivo móvil. Y si el dispositivo se pierde, también lo hace la clave privada. 

Creo que el mayor problema al usar una billetera móvil es en caso de que le roben el dispositivo. En tal caso, un pirata informático experimentado podría obtener acceso a sus monedas más rápido de lo que usted podrá recuperarlas.

Entonces, ¿qué opinas sobre la comodidad frente a la seguridad al usar la billetera móvil? 

Well, mobile wallets help us to have our money stored in digital format, and we can carry out transactions. What you have to take into account is how reliable that wallet is, because it is not only based on comfort and speed, but also on security above all. The reason is because there is stored money and personal data of the user. You should look for a reliable wallet so that you can store money and be able to carry out transactions.

Yes but also mobile wallets are becoming safer with time, now for example I have to use my fingerprint to access my wallets and that is really helpful if someone stoles my phone, also the first thing you have todo when lost or stolen, its to block your phone using your google account so at least they will have to reset the phone for further use

On 11/25/2019 at 3:09 PM, Iamstrong said:

Before creating a wallet, almost all mobile wallets are given a secret phrase that is asked to save, it will then help in case of loss of your phone to restore the wallet.

Correct, in all wallets 12 security words are generated and this will help you to restore your account in a moment

I understand your concern my friend, but nowadays mobile wallets when registering provide you with a series of words that ask you to keep them in a safe place and it does not necessarily have to be on your cell phone. 

Mobile wallets offer enormous facilities such as accessing your account at any time or fingerprint identification. Mobile wallets are the best option if you need to always carry your wallet with you or you're going to make daily transactions. Each cryptocurrency portfolio generally has a number of mechanisms aimed at preventing theft or fraudulent use.

When choosing a portfolio, many of us pay a lot of attention to the issue of comfort when handling the portfolio. I like to use wallets that are quite easy to handle, without so many complications in relation to their interface but above all that is quite secure, since this is one of the main characteristics that a portfolio must comply with when being chosen. I prefer a 100% secure portfolio to a 100% comfortable portfolio.

You must choose a wallet that gives you access to your private keys, you must write them down on a piece of paper and keep them, do not leave them stored on your mobile, that way if your mobile is lost or damaged with your private keys you can recover the balance of your assets