Quantam computers can damage cryptocurrency ? - Page 4 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Ajlovez7

Quantam computers can damage cryptocurrency ?

Talking precisely the Google quantum computer is still a in starting phase and for even a prototype it would take around 6-7 years though they have been working very gard for the project. And for commercial use and public reach more time will be taken so it's long time to get quantum's computer. And you should know that if one miners use quantum computer, other will also adopt it so the competition among the miners would be same in mine opinion so difficulty of mining isn't getting down even after the quantum's computer reach.

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

On 6/11/2020 at 7:09 PM, koussai999 said:

I do not think that there will be an effect between quantum computing and cryptocurrencies. I do not know if there is an effect for that. Cryptocurrencies can face many problems in the future. I hope we can solve them.

From what I've read quantum computers will be able to break SHA-256 encryption. Still this won't happen for at least another decade as noone is even close to create one.

No need to worry about the future of cryptocurrencies and blockchain because quantum computers have not yet been produced by Google, and these devices may be useful for blockchain technology and have a positive role in increasing the speed of the blockchain network

On 6/27/2020 at 9:38 PM, Hamzooo said:

No need to worry about the future of cryptocurrencies and blockchain because quantum computers have not yet been produced by Google, and these devices may be useful for blockchain technology and have a positive role in increasing the speed of the blockchain network...

Not only from Google, so many researches are going on to develop Quantum Computer which will be far more advanced than any sort of traditional computers.Blockchain's cryptographic coders are really complex but I think such codes will get broken down by the quantum computers in the future. 

• +2 1

Yes also heard all of thread about this quantum computer. Its true that quantum is much powerful computer than the others, its can calculate way more faster. But personally i don't believe that quantum can destroy the cryptocurrency,.

I have no word to this , because am still trying to understand this myself , how crypto market and crypto currency works with computer logarithms and so its important for me to keep on reading because in one way or another there is going to be something coming out of it.

On 7/22/2020 at 8:05 PM, Whited35 said:

Not only from Google, so many researches are going on to develop Quantum Computer which will be far more advanced than any sort of traditional computers.Blockchain's cryptographic coders are really complex but I think such codes will get broken down by the quantum computers in the future. 

IBM is also creating its own. The last announcement by Google which we've read about in 2019 was disputed by IBM but I'm not sure. I think that first of all both of these companies should be co-operating instead of competing. Co-operation saves cost and makes research faster. Also this research is so important I'm surprised governments aren't actively talking about it. It proves that these corporations have grown above any government.

• +3 1

1 hour ago, BTC Future said:

Co-operation saves cost and makes research faster. Also this research is so important I'm surprised governments aren't actively talking about it. It proves that these corporations have grown above any government.

Exactly, if the major companies work together to build Quantum computer, we will be using another advanced technology in the near future. As it has to be extremely powerful, I think it may take a long time to come into existence. 

I think it will be very effective and it is compatible with the blockchain and it will give more power and I don't think it will harm the blockchain

Not possible, there are many wallets that uses a resistant quantum blockchain and wallets, also about other that can depend on the programing bitcoin uses, there are certain things to just be modified that can resist quantum computer as being a threat. 

I recently watched a video about the impact of computers on human life in General. And in the conclusion, it always happened that people's lives were simplified. And I believe that with the advent of quantum computers, everything will not change and they will be used to protect the blockchain.

• Useful or interesting 1

Quantum computing proves no harm to cryptocurrency and the blockchain, with that much computing power, quantum computing can even aid in mining

Yes it is possible, but there is still a long way to go for that. Still getting a quantum computer that can do harm to BTC mining is in the distant future. If eventually this can be achieved, then the world of BTC is obviously in danger. Already the mathematical algorithms to mine a BTC would be laughable and all this would directly affect.

I don't think so. I think now the mining speed will be fast. And easily the mining will be made. And circulation of crypto currencies will be easy.

It is possible that when quantum computers are developed to be able to make damage to Bitcoin. The rest cryptocurrencies have very weak blockchain hash rates and they can easily be damaged even now, perhaps with the exception of Ethereum, so talking about all cryptocurrencies like they all have the same security Bitcoin has is ridiculous.

If you mean the Bitcoins blockchain then it seems that after twenty years that it will take for quantum computers to become real it can make damage to some parts of the cryptography and break the encryption that is currently being used. But you know, Bitcoin has some of the top developers. Do you think this will be allowed?

• +1 1

First of all it is quantum computers, not quantam. You should correct this mistake if you ever come back. Then you make a typical statement you heard somewhere about quantum computers and how they will destroy cryptocurrencies. Can you tell us what exactly can quantum computers harm? The code? Perhaps they can find the private keys and decrypt the sha256? It is not known.

• +2 1

On 11/7/2019 at 4:22 PM, Ajlovez7 said:

Recently i heard a news google quantam computing breakthrough has enabled, and they have power to carry out tasks that a Supercomputer would take 10000 years to execute. so this really threats me the future of cryptocurrrency & blockchain.

I don't know why it will threaten cryptocurrencies. I would like an explanation even if it is too technical it will mean a lot as we can say anything but this doesn't mean that we are in threat. Cryptocurrencies are also technology and the banks thought it was threatening but it wasn't. We are not backward people to feel threatened. We need to move on and use the best technology and be versatile not stuck to the past. If something better appears I will be glad to move to it and leave the rest behind.

• +3 1

Quantum computing can damage blockchains of some crypto coins. But using different public key while doing every transaction can make it safe as the information needed by quantum computer cannot be available until first transaction made from a single key is seen by it.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               

Quantum computers are not ready and google hyped what they made but it was probably not complete and not functional, there are still many years before they are ready. And when they are, cryptocurrencies will be ready too with better encryption, so you don't have to worry about something you read by someone that don't have a lot of knowledge on both of these.

• +2 1

I think that quantum computers will be used for something useful and if they are found the first thing they will do will not be to attack blockchains but will be used to create something and not destroy the current tehcnology.

If you understood cryptocurrency and the blockchain technology you wouldn't have made a post discussing these terms but you would have made a post how quantum computers can crack the cryptography blockchain systems use instead. So as you see it is about cryptography. And guess what. There is quantum cryptography too. Major revelations today for you, but you will never read this comment and after 20 years you will still be wondering what if.

We don't know how quantum computers will be. Maybe they will be too powerful as it is expected and make everything we use today look very bad like we view the stone age. I don't think it will be so advanced technology but I think the sooner it appears it will be the better as the help these computers will provide will be invaluable for humanity.

• +3 1

I am hear of quantem computer but I am not known if they are so strong to do that. It is something very technical for me my dear and maybe if you have knowledge of quantem physics you could explain to us how this is works and is become so powered to break the cryptocurrency.

I don't know about cryptocurrencies a lot but I have read a lot about the quantum computers. It is something reappearing every year with new small developments but not ready yet. When it is I will notify you.