First bitcoin faucet gave 5 bitcoins for every member. - Page 4 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Dark_Sky

First bitcoin faucet gave 5 bitcoins for every member.

So lucky, it is a shame of me that I didn't discover the Bitcoin in its early days, I might millionaire now if I do so. But it is okay, I will start acknowledging now the Bitcoin and invest on it. I hope it will gives everyone some fortune. I will start utilizing the every platforms that I could make some money just like this forums and other stuff like exchange, airdrop, bounty and etc.

Thanks this is good information for general knowledge but it doesn't help us a lot now. Price of Bitcoin was very low at that time and they probably wanted to make people get interested in it so they gave so many but for now faucets give nothing and are useless, so we better focus on the best earning options we find.

• +1 1

I think there is no any availability that bitcoin faucet give 5 bitcoins to the every members. It is totally fake and wrong. Be careful and save your time and money also.

Yes we really missed that. If I have now the 5 bitcoin so I will be the luckiest one. And I get more from trading and I earn more and more

That is wonderful, for a faucet to give 5 btc to it's members. We really missed the opportunity, when Bitcoin came out. Many people thought it's a joke, look at the price of Bitcoin now. So annoying.

Of course in the first time of the Bitcoin creation all services around it offers a high rewards to use their service, because are in development of cryptocurrency, so faucet is form party of promoting Bitcoins to peoples.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

Well, it looks like the opportunity has really passed, and now no one will offer 5 Bitcoins from the faucets for now, those who got bitcoin at that time were very lucky.

What those times, and very happy the people who were able to take advantage of those 
amounts in the taps. Currently, the taps pay very little, and it is a bit of work to
 obtain only a few cents, but it is necessary to make the sacrifice to be eligible for
a few cryptos

I didn't know about that. Just imagine rolling this faucet just twenty times and holding today. You will be rich just by doing that. Of course back when this faucet was made if I ever seen it I would use it and not even save my information or private key as I wouldn't know what these are and would say, ok moving on.

• Useful or interesting 1

Imagine that, becoming millionaire from a faucet. It is crazy and of course the people that claimed from this faucet they were already in bitcoin mining in a time this could be done with cpu and price was just a few cents but who knew what would happen and how much bitcoin would be adopted today.

• +2 1

I think that everybody would go back in time if they had the chance, so it's awesome if we actually could ,but we can also focus on the future and hope that this opportunity will come again.

Gavin seems to be a very cool guy, too bad he was removed from the developer position he was for Bitcoin. I don't think there was need for a power struggle either and I don't know if what happened is affecting Bitcoin today but I think that the decisions took by the community were for the best of Bitcoin.

I knew about this faucet but of course I didn't know anything about Bitcoin until at least 2014 when I heard of MtGox and the big hack in that exchange. I wish I was more involved even in 2014 and didn't waste 4 years to look at cryptocurrencies again.

Unfortunately, we can`t move back in the time, also if everyone could - BTC price now would be about 1$

Can you imagine giving away 5 bitcoin that easy! But it is true that before it was not famous as it is today and what an opportunity to have participated in that faucet, since the ones from now do not give much but who knows maybe those satoshis later come to be worth a lot.

Edited by Michar1
  • +1 1

I just wish this faucet still works! Of course it will be removed after the first few years of Bitcoin. But we don't need to look back a lot. We can be investing today and I did that and I did that for many reasons that are easy to explain. I am expecting inflation and having money in the bank will be just like losing them instead. And I expect Bitcoin to be a big investment for the next 20 years.

We all hope that the time will return to us, especially in ‭2010‬, in order to have that opportunity that is impossible to repeat again now, and I agree with the opinion that compares the Bitcoin position 10 years ago to the status of talk now, whose value is low, but who knows maybe it will jump high at the price in the future

At the time, no one knew the price would reach $ 20,000. And yet we don't know what the price will be in 10 years.

Those who participated in that tap made a lot of profits, they made a fortune of money with what bitcoin is worth right now, you will never see a tap that pays 5 bitcoins per member again in life.

• +1 1

It's really shocking to now that the first bitcoin Faucet payed up to 5 bitcoins for user. Perhaps it's a good lesson for all of us that tend to despise the faucet nowadays, who knows if those tokens could eventually appreciate substantially. However, bitcoin has quite solid fundaments that certainly justify its massive appreciation over the last decade.

• +1 1

Imagine that, LoL, if we come back in time, I make a lot of thinks, and one of them is to buy a lot of BTC, of corse.

• -1 1

This is surprising and didn't know about it. So Gavin opened this area of online business as well. Faucets. I never would have imagined this and probably 5 bitcoins wouldn't be important at all back in the day. I am very amazed at the ingenuity of the early developers and members of the bitcoin community. They were finding ways to make bitcoin accepted and promoted it very carefully.

I wonder what if today someone gives BTC as airdrop. Those persons who received those 5 BTC must be thinking right now they should have been holding it till now to become a millionaire

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               

Thinking that you could get 5 bitcoins on faucet is mind blowing. I wish I could invent a time machine and travel back to that time but If I had claimed those 5 Bitcoins back than the chance of still having them today are so low because I would not have been able to hold that long.

• +2 1

It was very cheap when this faucet was created and from what I have read it didn't last too long. Perhaps Gavin understood that it was a mistake to just give out Bitcoin for free and that the price will rise a lot and didn't want to be something like the pizza guy later did.

• +1 1

OH ho! I missed that opportunity!! 5 BTC for faucet sites ? At that time I even did not hear about Bitcoin. I was another separate world of addictive online gamings. I wish I could learnt crypto things too early.