Tether is Third in Market Capitalization - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BTC Future

Tether is Third in Market Capitalization

Well there are many suspicious issues about Tether but let's consider that Tether is not real and ask ourselves the following question: Is the dollar itself real or is it just a printed piece of paper? ... What makes us trust the dollar!

its better then xrp, and this coin developers also gives good publicity, and most effective think is its good for day trading because its prices fluctuates, so this coin take third place in crypto market

On 5/25/2020 at 9:52 PM, rekter said:

My guess is that it will eventually take second place too. People seem to have an endless trust towards it even though the fud around it has been really scary in the past. People also seem to forget that strong enough government can just put an end to it and ban it all together. And banning tether would be pretty devastating blow.

It wouldn't kill bitcoin but it would hurt the crypto scene as whole.

For me, placing the bet on tether to surpass Ether might not be possible. Tether does really well though but with the rise of smart contracts as well as several others on Ethereum, it is very unlikely that it would surpass Ether 

On 8/23/2020 at 8:06 PM, ndadukun12 said:

Tether has moved to the fourth position. It has a lot of market capitalization due to the fact that people tend to switch their money to it when the market is going bearish. Tether is by far the most popular stablecoin out there.

Yes, it should , I don't see tether to be that great to be able to surpass Ethereum and also it just made it to the top three just because the other cryptocurrencies were going down and it being a stable coin was used so when the currencies go really down , we can earn a little more profit by converting back into the currency we used to HODL..

• +1 1

1 hour ago, Dangerous_Fly said:

For me, placing the bet on tether to surpass Ether might not be possible. Tether does really well though but with the rise of smart contracts as well as several others on Ethereum, it is very unlikely that it would surpass Ether 

Surpass in marketcap? Yes it can, it can surpass even bitcoin because it's an artificial marketcap for pegged value backed with fiat. In tether's case marketcap doesn't represent the value, it represent how many tethers they have printed and they can print as many as they can while raising the marketcap (if they have the real world asset backing) and the single usdt price stays same.

Edited by rekter
  • +1 1
  • +3 1

From the start of the cryptotalk phase in my life ,  i am reading news of tether doing well in the market. At the starting it was difficult to understand the terms. But now it's understandable. The value of tether is $1 presently but in market cap it is standing #3 position. It has taken over XRP. So it Is a very good country to choose.

• -1 1

Yes I also see that. And this is showing the great thing about the stable coins. And USDT showing the importance of the stable Crypto currencies.

The demand for stable currencies increases every day, so the market value of the stable currencies has increased dramatically during the current year, and I suspect that those who demand stable currencies will eventually pump the market with their stable currencies.

• +2 2

Tether as a token has many uses.
Its popularity grew due to crypto traders moving towards USDT instead of real dollars to maintain capital in the crypto market, but away from Bitcoin, Ethereum and others that are more susceptible to violent price swings.

I think it is normal for Tether to be the third on the lists since many people use it to be a stable cryptocurrency, it gives people a game when there are losses of their main cryptocurrency, it is usually exchanged for Tether so as not to have losses since as it is stable will always have the price of the dollar
Luck and many gains
A great hall

On 5/26/2020 at 2:20 PM, Zues said:

Yes You are right and I think that tether is very useful in the cryptocurrencies world and I think that they are performing well so their rankings getting higher and they are known as the third most used and I hope that they can earn more with tether

Tether is also in the list of the top crypto currency and buying it now will return god profit in the future. Any crypto coins which is in low price need to be in high quantity.

• -1 1
  • +1 1

Youtube ChannelSocial media Assets, Websites and Plugins are available in a very reasonable price 😇 TALK Token is also acceptable.

XRP has recently pumped and took the third position but it is still that Tether will keep making more USDT and increasing the market cap, so I think that the XRP third place will be short lived. It drops in price too and there is a sell expected in a few days after an airdrop is given.

• +2 1

Tether is one of the top for some time and is reaching close to 20 billion dollars market share. I am only looking at this to find where it can go as even 100 billion dollars is perhaps possible for USDT since there is rising interest in crypto markets and trading volumes are increasing.

• +2 1
  • +4 1

I am read a lot lately about Tether and there are some that are say that it is manipulate the Bitcoin price because of some issuance and loans given for some to buy Bitcoin with this and have this Bitcoin as collateral. I am though see that too many institutions are buyers and this is something healthy and there is no Tether in there but only investors.

• +2 1

On 5/26/2020 at 2:52 AM, rekter said:

My guess is that it will eventually take second place too. People seem to have an endless trust towards it even though the fud around it has been really scary in the past. People also seem to forget that strong enough government can just put an end to it and ban it all together. And banning tether would be pretty devastating blow.

It wouldn't kill bitcoin but it would hurt the crypto scene as whole.

I have an articles related to whether where under the trail the Tether  didn't give a satisfied answer toward his assets so far I come to conclusion about tether isn't safe and can be ban or goes down anytime. The size of Tether Is growing rapidly and bubble gonna burst. So I am not keeping USDT in wallet just holding XRp, TRx as stable assets. 

Edited by Syedbesharat
Spelling mistake
  • +2 1

We see Tether rising without a stop and since the market cap is already 20 billion it can then be 50 billion or more next year perhaps more than 100 billion. What this will mean for the market. Tether will have grown into a big dominance similar above from Ethereum perhaps.

Yes, exactly, Tether USDT occupies a good position in the ranking of the most traded cryptocurrencies, and this is through the large amount of supply and demand for it, and it also gains great confidence from dealers in it.

It is a good competitor.

Tether may become a danger in the market if it keeps growing like that. A stable coin is not always stable and since this is centralized any mismanagement will create big problems with unexpected consequences that can even hurt the Bitcoin potential. I hope there are plans by exchanges to counter any side effects of Tether collapsing as I see it as a possible result for this project.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

1 hour ago, Syedbesharat said:

So I am not keeping USDT in wallet just holding XRp, TRx as stable assets. 

What do you mean by stable? In last 4 months TRX went up around 120% in usd, came down -54% from that and went up something like 70% again. While in 4 months XRP had time to drop %34 risen 252% fro there and drop around -41% from that and so on...

They are very volatile coins.

But yeah, i agree, tether is sketchy, and had lots of controversials behind it. I don't see it totally safe option, but it's safe enough for me. 

10 hours ago, Khan said:

Tether is also in the list of the top crypto currency and buying it now will return god profit in the future. Any crypto coins which is in low price need to be in high quantity.

Please explain how do you see investing to tokens that are pegged to usd value brings profits, because they shouldn't.

Edited by rekter
  • +3 1

Tether is growing as demand for Bitcoin is also growing. Not the other way around as some think. I don't say this to support Tether that I don't care about but there is a lot of talk that Tether is pushing Bitcoin price up. We learn now about all the big money that buy Bitcoin so any talk about Tether doesn't have to do with Bitcoin. If Tether collapses tomorrow no Bitcoin investor will care.

• +3 2

I  would not say that Tether is actually is third in terms of market capitalisation as far as cryptocurrencies are concerned but I believe it has moved a step down to be the fourth, because bitcoin, Ethereum and xrp have occupied the first second and third positions respectively

• Useful or interesting 1

I think that Tether will be third again and perhaps soon when the fomo from the xrp airdrop will stop, the price of xrp will go down again. I tried to trade and did it when mccaleb was selling so it wasn't very profitable but later I bought the bigger dip and have still some with profit. I will sell perhaps before the airdrop that I don't value as to be a good one.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

I remember Tether being third but now it is fourth. It doesn't mean it was weakened but XRP did amazing lately and went above Tether in just a day. Tether looks to be strong and I sometimes read about their new mint of tokens in their treasury. I am thinking it is or will be a very big operation.

• Useful or interesting 1

It makes sense that tether is at top places in the market capitalization rank. After all, the main activity in cryptocurrency market is trading and most people use tether to perform this activity. However, in my opinion the fact that people behind tether haven't been able to show that 1 USDT is backed by a dollar, is some  sort of time bomb that can affect the whole crypto ecosystem. 

Yes it on third number few days ago the XRP was there which get the seat of the Tether and this was due to the SEC attack on XRP.