Some kind of bug? 2 cases - Page 2 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Some kind of bug? 2 cases

8 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

Okay this could be a way but I really do not think this is the case here. I have noticed in some other quote too. By the way seems like you are right when you said about the links. Following are the links I got there 😆

https://yobit.net/?bonus=SZXZP
https://luckygames.io/?ref=23252673
https://freebitco.in/?r=1732027
https://smarturl.it/GoodProducts3000
https://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=B8ZHPFZA
https://t.co/lW5bkkR73T
https://smarturl.it/HDMovies2017
https://opages.me/tRuMr01u

This is really next level of weirdness LOL 

I am having both fun and confusing time here  😆

wow, now I am also starting to suspect this is something that should be addressed... how did the links got there? and only on some browsers? seems that it is no longer just a display issue

you were right to give this some attention...

probably someone that knows about coding would know some easy answer to this

19 minutes ago, dentolas said:

wow, now I am also starting to suspect this is something that should be addressed... how did the links got there? and only on some browsers?

From chrome and Brave browser once you click on the missing images icon then you will see this links.

The same with another users with the same links so I am pretty convince that it's not anything to do with my system. My system is clean.

It does not get caught in Firefox though.

Yeah it really need attention.

Please guys do not quote that referral links anymore . 😃 ... looks like someone is doing that several times . Maybe it is some hidden links 

Edited by hexwin
  • Useful or interesting 1

Also noticed such  strange artifacts. One of them was related with my post while the other other with the post of different user. I have reported that bug  in the  Russian section  of the forum.

22 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Please guys do not quote that referral links anymore . 😃 ... looks like someone is doing that several times . Maybe it is some hidden links 

You got it wrong. No one is quoting any referral links lol

The links I have added in between code tag so they should be safe.

We are rally trying to find the source of the bug.

20 minutes ago, cryptex said:

I have reported that bug  in the  Russian section  of the forum.

Thank you mate.

4 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

You got it wrong. No one is quoting any referral links lol

The links I have added in between code tag so they should be safe.

image.png.f504d975ba246154fe80b4894d305d9f.png

I don't get it really... what is this? Looks like someone ref links for binance, yobit, luckygames....
Anyway .... good luck solving the mistery 👍

Just now, hexwin said:

I don't get it really... what is this? Looks like someone ref links for binance, yobit, luckygames....

Well it's the same question here and the other users who are seeing this images. I thought it was only in my system but when other user confirmed it then I was pretty sure that it has nothing to do with my system. 

The behavior really is strange. Let's see how they resolve it.

1 minute ago, xBDT Script said:

Well it's the same question here and the other users who are seeing this images. I thought it was only in my system but when other user confirmed it then I was pretty sure that it has nothing to do with my system. 

The behavior really is strange. Let's see how they resolve it.

Did anyone from moderators replied so far? 
Maybe you should tag some of them or send them message about this issue. Maybe someone inserted some script or something similar

4 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Maybe someone inserted some script or something similar

The person who quested it has been mentioned here. I am awaiting for his response to know if he has anything to say. It it seems that he does not know anything about it then it will worth to knock the admin. I do not think mods has any kind of these access to deal with the bugs.

This is deliberately done, the quote has been modified and some encrypted contents were inserted, this is the result given by a non-printable Unicode characters viewer:

spacer.png

Also, this hidden links works like Iframes, when you visit the page containing the Quote you also visit all the hidden links.

Edited by mostawda3

Forum's Reputation & Reaction explained,
Request / Suggestion: Minimized Quote feature

4 minutes ago, mostawda3 said:

This is deliberately done,

Just to clarify again - You are saying the person who quested it they deliberately inserted some code in the quote? If this is real then obviously this is a harmful practice and the community should not take it easy.

If I assume that you are right then I think I will need to get attention of the @Admin 

48 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Just to clarify again - You are saying the person who quested it they deliberately inserted some code in the quote? If this is real then obviously this is a harmful practice and the community should not take it easy.

If I assume that you are right then I think I will need to get attention of the Admin

I just checked now, and found that if not all then most of his quotes contains hidden contents with the same or different links as yours, a lot of the links I checked are just referral links, but there are some links that are shortened and some that looks fishy,

I don't find any reason besides doing it on purpose

9 hours ago, mostawda3 said:

I just checked now, and found that if not all then most of his quotes contains hidden contents with the same or different links as yours, a lot of the links I checked are just referral links, but there are some links that are shortened and some that looks fishy,

I don't find any reason besides doing it on purpose

Okay thanks for pointing it out. 

I would like to get the attention of the @Admin and mods in here please ( @epidemia @ayatoslaw @Desais @Alex077 @Ex1sTenZ )

The summary is:

Reference read from investigation: 

Identifying the links: Here

Confirmed the links by @BitTyro : Here

Concern expressed by the user @dentolas: Here

Some technical finding by user @mostawda3 : Here

I would like the staff panel to have a look in this issue. This time it may seems just referral links but this kind of practice can spread malware to the users system easily.

Thank you.

• Useful or interesting 3

Is there already a resolution in this issue?

This is alarming because upon closer inspection with that members post/quotes, he deliberately added some cross-site cookies.

1 hour ago, bobXsingular said:

I think this is not a bug but an issue where the user made this. what if he put a broken link of an image for example??

It has already been established that it is not bug but an issue of someone deliberately adding and/or editing someones post while quoting. 

The member in question just break the Forum Rule.

5. No link shortener (He uses url shortener on some of those images)

7. No referral link. (Almost all of those links are referral links).

Edited by BitTyro
added emphasis

On 10/20/2019 at 4:36 AM, xBDT Script said:

If I assume that you are right then I think I will need to get attention of the @Admin 

here an example a link to wikipedia https://www.wikipedia.org/

I think he deliberately put the link in your post. Because post quotes can be edited. Look what I did in your post quote. 

1 hour ago, lucky80 said:

I think he deliberately put the link in your post. Because post quotes can be edited. Look what I did in your post quote. 

If you may allow me to comment, its not just an ordinary text and/or links that we are talking about in here, but some kind of script with apparent missing images and hidden referral links.

25 minutes ago, BitTyro said:

If you may allow me to comment, its not just an ordinary text and/or links that we are talking about in here, but some kind of script with apparent missing images and hidden referral links.

spacer.png

If you click on my picture above 🐳 it will take you to Wikipedia. That person deliberately hid the referral link on the xBDT post quote, but it looks like the picture link is broken.

And yes, this is a dangerous practice if someone can edit your post quote. However, users can look for the original post to verify.

Edited by lucky80

32 minutes ago, lucky80 said:

If you click on my picture above 🐳 it will take you to Wikipedia. That person deliberately hid the referral link on the xBDT post quote, but it looks like the picture link is broken.

I get what you are trying to say here, but it has already been established that the quoted post has been edited one way or another (either by the one who quoted the post or by some rogue script). 

There is no argument on whether we can edit someones post while we quote them or not. The way I see it, the issue now evolves to someones post being quoted but has been edited to insert some referral links.

I'd like to reiterate what I stated above, that those links are referral links which is a violation to forums rules and regulation.

Edited by BitTyro
added emphasis. correct some grammar

16 minutes ago, BitTyro said:

(either by the one who quoted the post or by some rogue script)

Not by scrypt. It is the man who hid the link. And of course, I know the rule of the forum very well.

5 hours ago, BitTyro said:

Is there already a resolution in this issue?

Not sure but I got response from one of the mod that they will look into in. Yes this is very worrying.

3 hours ago, BitTyro said:

its not just an ordinary text and/or links that we are talking about in here, but some kind of script with apparent missing images and hidden referral links.

This script this is worrying. If this was just a link then I think there was nothing to be worried we could just report the user but seems like it's not just that. The way we write here - it has something to do with this. I think before saving the data the software needs to check if it is containing any such script or something.

Are there any news about the matter? this kind of behavior is really worrying, I searched for that member and could not find the account, seems like he got banned! is there any counter measures or patches to prevent similar exploits/tricks from happening again?

It happens if u switch the zoom function on chrome so lets say if u zoom out more then this bugs appears, same thing happened to me but another site.

I do not see any glitches of this type in this forum I think the problem is you have uploaded images or in your internet flow

THINK POSITIVE

I have never encountered such a problem while working here. And we have no idea about such a bug. I have never seen such a bug before. You can try changing your browser. Hopefully it will be okay ... just try ok