Reputation and Reaction - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
mostawda3

Reputation and Reaction

Some members ask about Reputation points, here I will explain what it is and it's use,

It is called reputation because it's a representation ( not always ) of how your content is received by other members, if the members liked or benefited from your content then they most likely would give you a like like (vote up), but if they found your content bad or spam they most likely would give you a dislike spacer.png (vote down),

A member receives or loses points when other users vote up or down the content they have posted, and this points are called Reputation Points,

Basically, it's a system which allows members to earn Reputation Points when others react to their content which will motivate content creators to do more and let them feel that there efforts are appreciated and noticed    

Now, the thing is very few people use this feature, some don't know and some just don't care, So I ask all members to do this little effort and react to content you like or benefited from, cause this will let the Posters be more active and motivated and feel that their effort is appreciated,

If you receive help/benefited from a post then give them a like

• Useful or interesting 41
  • +1 1

Forum's Reputation & Reaction explained,
Request / Suggestion: Minimized Quote feature

1 hour ago, Andrew12 said:

It is good to have a like reputations to make your account looks good but then when you recieved a dislike reaction it does not mean to be discriminating but to improve or add to your efforts.

All reactions are good because it's an indicator of how well accepted your content

1 hour ago, ijohnpaul said:

this is also a sign that you are contributing with goodness in this community, the more you have reputation you are rewarded because of your niceness 😉

sometimes good and constructive content go unnoticed because of lack of reaction

1 hour ago, Senku49 said:

That would be a great thing to motivate those users that gives us valuable information to help us here. It will be nice step to have more quality posts here on Cryptotalk. If we appreciate the content, lets give it a heart. ❤

Yes, it will create a virtuous cycle

• Useful or interesting 1

3 hours ago, Andrew12 said:

It is good to have a like reputations to make your account looks good but then when you recieved a dislike reaction it does not mean to be discriminating but to improve or add to your efforts.

hahaaa i like your in every words, thats like some motivation for the other content creator to be better make a his contents.

Good Job Bro, i give you Reputation ❤️

and in my opinion if you like the content or useful for you, whats difficult to give them a reputation, try to appreciate each other from the smallest things 😁

Some people where abusing the system and they used alternative account to make fake likes, or in other cases they used Spam button mutliple times to bring down reputation. 

Abusing the system can result in warning or Ban so watch out how you use it.
Be smart, use it wisely, and know that you have limited number of reactions per day

15 minutes ago, hexwin said:

or in other cases they used Spam button mutliple times to bring down reputation. 

It happened with me one time and unfortunately I do not see the user around. Hope he has not left the forum.

By the way OP, very good to see the topic you have created. We need more of this kind of topics that will explain forum features. Keep up the good work.

4 hours ago, mostawda3 said:

but if they found your content bad or spam they most likely would give you a dislike spacer.png (vote down),

I hope we can appeal this to the moderators if we receive this kind of reputation and can be reverse if we really dont have fault or the post is not bad! some users can abuse this!  thanks for the OP btw! it deserves the reputation i sent!

reputation is increased with the reaction, when you got love reaction this mean you got positive reaction, and when you get the angry reaction thats mean your reputation will decrease one point, so always try to improve quality of posts so lot of peoples will love your post.

Hard Worker 😎😎

Reputation plays an important role and gathered here not in order to violate the rules of the forum. The satisfied eye immediately sees and reacts to the 🐬.  

4 minutes ago, bliznec said:

Reputation plays an important role and gathered here not in order to violate the rules of the forum. The satisfied eye immediately sees and reacts to the 🐬.  

Well right now it is indeed a visual satisfaction but it also means that the user is making decent posts hence he has these reputation. I have seen users with over 200 posts with zero reputation and I was curious to see what happened.

I dug up and then discovered most of them are in deed spam as expected LOL

16 hours ago, mostawda3 said:

Beberapa anggota bertanya tentang poin Reputasi, di sini saya akan menjelaskan apa itu dan apa gunanya,

Ini disebut reputasi karena itu adalah representasi (tidak selalu) tentang bagaimana konten Anda diterima oleh anggota lain, jika anggota suka atau mendapat manfaat dari konten Anda, maka mereka kemungkinan besar akan memberi Anda suka Suka (memilih), tetapi jika mereka menemukan Anda konten yang buruk atau spam yang kemungkinan besar akan mereka sukai spacer.png (turunkan suara),

Seorang anggota menerima atau kehilangan poin ketika pengguna lain memilih naik atau turun konten yang telah mereka posting, dan poin ini disebut Poin Reputasi ,

Pada dasarnya, ini adalah sistem yang memungkinkan anggota untuk mendapatkan Poin Reputasi ketika orang lain bereaksi terhadap konten mereka yang akan memotivasi pembuat konten untuk melakukan lebih banyak dan membiarkan mereka merasa bahwa ada upaya yang dihargai dan diperhatikan    

Sekarang, masalahnya adalah sangat sedikit orang menggunakan fitur ini, beberapa tidak tahu dan beberapa tidak peduli, Jadi saya meminta semua anggota untuk melakukan sedikit usaha ini dan bereaksi terhadap konten yang Anda suka atau manfaatkan, karena ini akan membiarkan Poster menjadi lebih aktif dan termotivasi dan merasa bahwa upaya mereka dihargai,

Jika Anda menerima bantuan / mendapat manfaat dari sebuah posting maka beri mereka a Suka

Do you like giving a sign that there will be more contributions from this forum, or there are additional points that will be received from the cryptotalk, that's all I want to know for good content or not.

6 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Well right now it is indeed a visual satisfaction but it also means that the user is making decent posts hence he has these reputation. I have seen users with over 200 posts with zero reputation and I was curious to see what happened.

I dug up and then discovered most of them are in deed spam as expected LOL

The main thing is not to neglect the formula for success and read carefully the points thereby to learn first of all for yourself. I don’t understand why to do this, because in the future it is punishable to neglect the rules of the forum. Some go intentionally to do harm. We need to pinpoint more obsessive ideas in the future. 

Well for example, if they put the rules in strong execution then we will see everyday the number of users will drop significantly. I will say a lot, I mean really a lot of the users will be banned just because of plagiarism. 

The warning system is kind of an ease system which is showing that they have some tolerance level but still if someone do not get the attention then it is unfortunate. Banning them is the right thing to do.

21 hours ago, hexwin said:

Some people where abusing the system and they used alternative account to make fake likes, or in other cases they used Spam button mutliple times to bring down reputation. 

Abusing the system can result in warning or Ban so watch out how you use it.
Be smart, use it wisely, and know that you have limited number of reactions per day

20 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

It happened with me one time and unfortunately I do not see the user around. Hope he has not left the forum.

By the way OP, very good to see the topic you have created. We need more of this kind of topics that will explain forum features. Keep up the good work.

The limited number of reaction points per day is to some extent a mean to prevent abusing the feature, it's sad to hear people use underhanded methods such as using alt accounts to boost their reputation or try to destroy members reputation because of some grudges, if you encounter this kind of situation when a grudge bearer vote you down without reason then they should be warned or even banned,

20 hours ago, idrissultana said:

Sometimes you will get a vote down  out of jealous, can you believe this. I hope some people grow up and get to realize we are family there no hate is necessary.

Some people will bear a grudge if you vote them down and will return with interest, as you said they should grow up 

16 hours ago, Kim K said:

Sure provided the dislike was not I'll motivated. Heard there are reputation cheats Inthis forum but if you noticed unnecessary dislike emoji, kindly report to the moderators instead of doing tit for tat. As you know, two wrongs will never make a right. Of your post is given a good emoji, see it as motivation to continue to write something good for the benefit of all one platform

Well said, we should work together to raise and develop the forum and not engage in some reputation smearing battles.

@cryptokram Thanks for the heart, I don't think the Mods have the time and energy to review all requests, I think at the moment the best we can do is to raise awareness

2 minutes ago, mostawda3 said:

it's sad to hear people use underhanded methods such as using alt accounts to boost their reputation or try to destroy members reputation because of some grudges, if you encounter this kind of situation when a grudge bearer vote you down without reason then they should be warned or even banned,

I am glad that it was done by mods in several occasions. Once with me, Once with the user @DIY Tube Video. Those two people were warned and I think the one with DIY was banned if I am not wrong.

15 minutes ago, mostawda3 said:

Thanks for the heart, I don't think the Mods have the time and energy to review all requests, I think at the moment the best we can do is to raise awareness

no need to thank me! you deserve it! everyone who can make a post like that should be rewarded!

I just hope that you will continue doing such post like that and dont mind others if you being criticize, if and on if! main concern is the forum!

6 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

I am glad that it was done by mods in several occasions. Once with me, Once with the user @DIY Tube Video. Those two people were warned and I think the one with DIY was banned if I am not wrong.

Glad to hear that, but that's only for big incidents, for small incidents Mods most likely won't get involved, so we should find someways to resolve such issues.

16 minutes ago, mostawda3 said:

Thanks for the heart, I don't think the Mods have the time and energy to review all requests, I think at the moment the best we can do is to raise awareness

no need to thank me! you deserve it! everyone who can make a post like that should be rewarded!

I just hope that you will continue doing such post like that and dont mind others if you being criticize, if and on if! main concern is the forum!

16 minutes ago, mostawda3 said:

4 minutes ago, mostawda3 said:

Glad to hear that, but that's only for big incidents, for small incidents Mods most likely won't get involved, so we should find someways to resolve such issues.

Well for small indent even the user who is victim he may not even notice it. But for obvious abuse it is getting punished by the mod.

Long ago we were talking about the bad sad face not to be added for the reputation count but I think the idea is just disappeared in vain :classic_smile:

2 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

Some trolls have come back three times with alt accounts to harass me on my threads. They play "nice" now and pretend to follow the rules for a while but then they show their true selves and eventually get banned again.

I am happy the mods are working hard behind the scenes though to keep it clean and fair for all.

Get paid for video views and writing comments! DIY Tube Video Community

DIYT Coins - The Video Sharing Cryptocurrency

Run A Masternode - Huge ROI: Buy DIYT Coins

Masternode Mining Pool & Rentals - Get FREE Credit When You Join: HERE

1 minute ago, DIY Tube Video said:

Some trolls have come back three times with alt accounts to harass me on my threads. They play "nice" now and pretend to follow the rules for a while but then they show their true selves and eventually get banned again.

I am happy the mods are working hard behind the scenes though to keep it clean and fair for all.

so you are telling us that you are los a victim! well in the forum woks now everyone could be! i just hope there will be moderation so you can keep it clen on your thread ! but i have a questions htere!

3 minutes ago, DIY Tube Video said:

It is the same guy/s who where banned some time ago, and that is obvious.
No perfect solution for this kind of situations

1 minute ago, hexwin said:

It is the same guy/s who where banned some time ago, and that is obvious.
No perfect solution for this kind of situations

One option could be to allow the owner of a thread to have some sort of control of it, but that can be abused itself in a way. Or limit new accounts to a new email each time. One account per email. IP banning is useless of course.

2 minutes ago, DIY Tube Video said:

One option could be to allow the owner of a thread to have some sort of control of it, but that can be abused itself in a way. Or limit new accounts to a new email each time. One account per email. IP banning is useless of course.

Exactly!
I myself proposed that because of one more member that have spam comment issues,
but you can also apply and write in that topic.
Self-moderated topic could be good for project team members

On 10/24/2019 at 4:02 PM, mostawda3 said:

Some members ask about Reputation points, here I will explain what it is and it's use,

It is called reputation because it's a representation ( not always ) of how your content is received by other members, if the members liked or benefited from your content then they most likely would give you a like like (vote up), but if they found your content bad or spam they most likely would give you a dislike spacer.png (vote down),

A member receives or loses points when other users vote up or down the content they have posted, and this points are called Reputation Points,

Basically, it's a system which allows members to earn Reputation Points when others react to their content which will motivate content creators to do more and let them feel that there efforts are appreciated and noticed    

Now, the thing is very few people use this feature, some don't know and some just don't care, So I ask all members to do this little effort and react to content you like or benefited from, cause this will let the Posters be more active and motivated and feel that their effort is appreciated,

If you receive help/benefited from a post then give them a like

Thank you a lot brother, i didn't know that the point can be decreased, so i will do my best, to give only good and helpful information, also people need to react, i see some people answering my topic and they don't give me any like even if they find that my topic was good, so i hope in future, people start to react for good topic, not for there friends in the forum, if you know what i mean?

CAUTION: Search and verify any information you receive, otherwise you will be just a puppet.

Best Faucet Of 2020 ; https://pipeflare.io/r/28q6

Made it by REDAMOUN With Love

So, before I wrote on this thread I had a reputation of 46. Now a brand new account started a downvote war on me and I have a rep of 38. Looks like he posted here too but his comments are gone. Kansas_Krypto_Keeper, a brand new account which seems to have been created with the only intention of destroying my reputation.

Here is a nice suggestion. Brand new accounts should not have the power to downvote anyone, let alone downvoting someone to oblivion in one day.

We should limit downvotes from new accounts, especially repeated ones like this.

Who do I talk to about fixing my rep please?