BTC Halving: Will it Drive the Price of Bitcoin to a New ATH? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BitTyro

BTC Halving: Will it Drive the Price of Bitcoin to a New ATH?

Last August, the second halving of Litecoin occured but it did not produce a supply shock that could drive its price higher. At most, it only increase by 10% for a few days before correcting to pre-halvening price. This leaves many LTC investors disappointed.

Bitcoin will have its halvening on May 2020. Will it drive BTC price to a new ATH or will it have the same fate like litecoin?

What do you think?

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2

10 hours ago, akram said:

No one is sure about the future price of Bitcoin but there are many predictions that it can reach up to $20,000 dollars and will break the bullish records.

I just hope they are will not just remain as prediction. I myself is banking that BTC halvening will not have the same fate as ltc. 

Registering a new ATH or have a disappointing price increase, either way, bitcoin price will never go below $5k.

i have said it so many times before  there is no way bitcoin will reach new highs without real adopters like big economy giants like china and the US because without it mining wont be profitable anymore.

3 hours ago, Panakozaki said:

maybe it will go up but it won't reach the ATH price now, it's very difficult. if you can go up 30% from current price maybe it's better for me

3 hours ago, Rifuci said:

will bitcoin be able to penetrate $ 10,000 in the near future ..

Seems you guys both agreed on your price projections. 10,000 to 10,400 usd.

Whether we see that price on the halving or not, what's important is we see its price higher than what it is today.

3 hours ago, Rifuci said:

bitcoin has to break through considerable resistance. and now bitcoin is in that position

The bears won't let go. They are neck on neck with the bulls. But I was hoping that the halvening will create some supply shock that will drive btc price higher.

Edited by BitTyro

13 minutes ago, Ardian1206 said:

"There will be no certainty about the truth of the price of bitcoin coins, but many predictions of bitcoin will rise in 2020," said people at unreasonable prices.  then we don't know that for sure.

Yeah even some speculators saying that bitcoin may reach millions but the only one thing that will surely happen is that bitcoin will surely increase its price before and during the bitcoin halving.

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

On 10/18/2019 at 9:38 PM, BitTyro said:

Last August, the second halving of Litecoin occured but it did not produce a supply shock that could drive its price higher. At most, it only increase by 10% for a few days before correcting to pre-halvening price. This leaves many LTC investors disappointed.

Bitcoin will have its halvening on May 2020. Will it drive BTC price to a new ATH or will it have the same fate like litecoin?

What do you think?

not possible in a short time. although there is information that bitcoin will be stopped May 2020, people also may not necessarily take the rest of the total supply of bitcoin so that the price will pump up. I think it's still difficult to predict, even bitcoin can get stuck or even fall.

I have written a lot about half for bitcoin and I think it will lead to a significant increase in Bitcoin because the bonuses of miners will decrease in half but I also said if the Bitcoin price does not go up then I think it will rise again.

15 hours ago, gordoncrypto said:

I think the large mining companies and whale community will actively help boost the model to drive BTC to scarcity. I think the worst thing to come from halving will be the centralization of mining likely to occur.

but that will render bitcoin to be useless as we need to have individuals doing the mining or else companies will have total control of mining and hence bitcoin price.

Agree, bitcoin will rise again, I think. It is a factor to push bitcoin to greater value. But it will be far from ATH as it is now

13 minutes ago, gordoncrypto said:

It is what is happening, unfortunately. I think the market continues to evolve based on these things. There is comfort in that fact that everyone has the same interest invested in BTC succeeding. But, there is in fact a hyper-concentration of mining as a result of this already. It will get worse with the halving and the next halving. The question is what the real economics are when China releases their currency and whether they have a crackdown on their mining to the point that the network finds new ways, and places, to succeed.

i think if china acts the way we know it then it will do their best to discredit bitcoin and get rid of its popularity and they will try to make their shitty coin the bigger dominant coin in the market.

25 minutes ago, gordoncrypto said:

Yes, but even that gets tricky, because despite their crackdown, banning and un-banning, the government owns quite a lot of BTC as well. On top of this, they are running Sesame Credit, which is like Facebook but from the government. People's comments and interactions are controlled, so if someone says something negative about the government, their friends are obligated to report them or risk losing their credit, ability to borrow, loans called etc. I think this is very much why they were triggered by Libra announcement.

this is one of the reasons that lead me to believe that even if china issues its own currency it will not be accepted outside of china and have ripple effect around the world like bitcoin because people will not support dictators make money.

I'm not sure if bitcoin will hit a new all time high either before or after the halving, but I am anticipating some kind of rise.  Maybe it'll get back to $10,000 and if that happens I'll be on cloud nine.  Bitcoin has been stuck in the $6800-7400 range for quite a while now, and people are getting antsy.  Including me.  But I think that regardless of the halving, 2020 will be an excellent year for bitcoin.  And altcoins, too.

On 1/6/2020 at 1:37 AM, vivoy90 said:

It's clear in 2020 the most amazing and important event for bitcoin price speculations is halving event how btc price reaction before or after halving event it's interesting. 

i think that we might be disappointed in the halving in may 2020 because so many people are buying now and expecting to see 2x by may which could end up being a big disappointment as we dont provide the capital needed to pump the price to over 20k.

On 1/5/2020 at 11:26 PM, gordoncrypto said:

It is what is happening, unfortunately. I think the market continues to evolve based on these things. There is comfort in that fact that everyone has the same interest invested in BTC succeeding. But, there is in fact a hyper-concentration of mining as a result of this already. It will get worse with the halving and the next halving. The question is what the real economics are when China releases their currency and whether they have a crackdown on their mining to the point that the network finds new ways, and places, to succeed.

i think i have a theory that binance and okex exchanges are trying to spread awareness for crypto in africa because they also have cheap electricity and they could be the ones who take the flag of mining from china so it doesnt have complete ownership of miners.

7 hours ago, duncun007 said:

i think i have a theory that binance and okex exchanges are trying to spread awareness for crypto in africa because they also have cheap electricity and they could be the ones who take the flag of mining from china so it doesnt have complete ownership of miners.

yea i can confirm that electricity dont cost that much here in Africa as i buy 200kw for  just 0.29$ and that will be very good for a mining company to start working here.

Bitcoin Halving is comming in this year May 2020 .Halving means that the difficulties to mine bitcoin will increase and we pay more time and cost to mine 1 bitcoin.After Halving its effect on bitcoin price and in result bitcoin price will rise up.

Edited by mani982

On 1/7/2020 at 3:10 PM, wilbertson said:

Yes it will, but i like to think that we might see a new ATH even before the bitcoin halving.

I see so it's mean some whale play before the halving? I also expect we can reach ATH Before halving too but if we can reach $10000 Resistance this month if not i'm not really sure if it can reach ATH before halving, Maybe after halving.

On 1/6/2020 at 12:41 AM, Naga said:

i think if china acts the way we know it then it will do their best to discredit bitcoin and get rid of its popularity and they will try to make their shitty coin the bigger dominant coin in the market.

this is why i dont like china's involvement int he crypto market, they always manipulate it as they want and its not a good look for us if we want to convince more people to join crypto.

On 07.01.2020 at 12:10, wilbertson said:

Yes it will, but i like to think that we might see a new ATH even before the bitcoin halving.

It is possible that the price will start to rise before halving and after as investors will want to buy bitcoins for a low price and not at the peak.

As is known, Bitcoin rises with each division, but this time, analysts say that the opposite will happen and the price will decrease, but no one is sure, we wait and see what will happen.

• Useful or interesting 1

On 10/19/2019 at 11:35 AM, BitTyro said:

I just hope they are will not just remain as prediction. I myself is banking that BTC halvening will not have the same fate as ltc. 

Registering a new ATH or have a disappointing price increase, either way, bitcoin price will never go below $5k.

You can't predict the price of bitcoin because it's decentralized digital currency and volatile it depends to the supply and demand of people who buy Bitcoins today. So that the price of coins if it is going up or down, But I'm always sure even the price decreased it will increase again soon this year 2020 you need to know that it's normal to halve because it's decentralized.

On 10/18/2019 at 8:08 PM, BitTyro said:

What do you think?

We can not compare ltc with btc. Btc is more popular and highly demanded coin in crypto market. Actually halving would not increase the price of btc but the predictions about high price would increase the demand of btc which will promote the price of btc. And btc would rise definately because everyone is waiting to buy for halving.

On 1/7/2020 at 10:42 AM, Naga said:

i think that we might be disappointed in the halving in may 2020 because so many people are buying now and expecting to see 2x by may which could end up being a big disappointment as we dont provide the capital needed to pump the price to over 20k.

well for me if we only did 2x i would be happy for that because no where else do we get the chance to make easy profits like we do in crypto.

It can drive it to another price, it will set a new price range for bitcoin that is what I had been expecting from bitcoin

No one is really certain about what are the possibilities once the bitcoin halving happens, the rumors and the hearsays are just merely predictions and speculations. This only means that people are optimistic about it and expecting the best outcome possible.