I send money to wrong address - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Donslens10

I send money to wrong address

You are just out of luck, but you should not consider this experience negative. During the time that has passed since that moment, you have learned the necessary lesson, which you will definitely find useful in this area. No way without this experience.

On 10/17/2019 at 10:39 PM, Donslens10 said:

In 2016, I desperately needed to send 50 dollars worth of Bitcoin to a friend.
It turns out that I had the virus on my pc that changes the address that copies of btc, for the address of the virus, that is, the address that the creator of the virus owns.
That was in Coinpayments, I was in a hurry and I sent the money without teaching it twice, my mistake was that because I was in a hurry I did not see the container, just trust me and do not check before sending.
After a while, I realized, hell ... I wanted to break the PC.
In the background, my btc were lost and I was scammed by a virus foolishly for rushing, always check the shipping container before making a transaction, there are many traps out there.

Sending crypto to a wrong wallet is a very bad and foolish work. This is the most important step and this process can't be undone when it is done. Once you send it can't be reversed back so apply safety measures during transactions.

On 12/2/2019 at 7:57 AM, Sujon33 said:

This is very sad things happened with you.Everyone should aware to send crypto.Always double check your address before sending coin.If you send wrong wallet you can not get back anymore

Yes! This is a good thing. This thing is can't happened by me. I check the address and the coin name many times and also checks the first characters and the last characters of the address. So, This is a very bad thing

I know this virus, when you copy and paste the address that you want to send, that address will automatically change the hacker address. Your computer should have an antivirus and keep update it.

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

Well you are not in this alone more than sixty percent of crypto currencies users have sent crypto to the wrong address once or twice, always double check the address before sending.

Sad but scammer were really out there. We really need to be more cautious and more accurate in putting privacy to avoid leakage of data.

On 10/18/2019 at 12:54 AM, Donslens10 said:

It turns out that I had the virus on my pc that changes the address that copies of btc, for the address of the virus, that is, the address that the creator of the virus owns.
That was in Coinpayments, I was in a hurry and I sent the money without teaching it twice, my mistake was that because I was in a hurry I did not see the container, just trust me and do not check before sending.
In the background, my btc were lost and I was scammed by a virus foolishly for rushing, always check the shipping container before making a transaction, there are many traps out there.

Too bad,hope this will serve as a lesson to anyone out there,when it comes to money make it slowly but surely.

Yes if you send the crypto coins at wrong address that mean you lost your coins. You know that the crypto currency does not have the backup and it is the decentralized currency its mean its developer cannot stop with any force.

Clipboard malware is pretty common nowadays and the only remedy to this is the reformat your desktop or restore factory settings if its your phone. And next time always double check if you are sending to the correct address.

spacer.png

Oh this is sad. But i think you was not able to get the money back for sure. The reason behind it is the bitcoin transaction can't be reversed. There is also some explanation that why the transaction is not reversible. This is because the information comes to system that distributed in several blocks. You can not trace any transaction. This is the decentralised concept. 

If you send your fund to wrong address then your fund can be lost kindly contact to relevant exchange may be they solved your problem. 

It is most dangerous mistake that we done. If we send our money to wrong address it will lost our money. It will also lost our all effort. We should be more careful in time of sending our money. 

On 10/17/2019 at 9:59 PM, cryptokram said:

That is true! there are so many traps in the community. the more popular the currency the more scammers wants to have the trap. dude, how much was 1 Bitcoin when you send those 50 USD to your fried (scammer account). well lesson learned!

We can not get back funds when we sent them using any online wallet .We can not stop the transaction .Remember that when we are Sending  funds from our exchange wallet then we can get back funds and can stop the transaction instantly contact with support and tell them withdraw is wrong and please stop this withdraw.

On 10/18/2019 at 12:54 AM, Donslens10 said:

So bad for you there are a lot of ways that those hackers do just to steal our money and it is impossible to get back if it’s already withdraw by the hacker.

O this is very sad for you because you send your money to unknown and not get any return to ur wallet. In crypto no any chance to get back.

Yeah there are many spywares and virus online that can infect your browser and change your address, you need to make sure on the address before you send any coin and clear all your browsing data, this will prevent it from happening.

Once you have sent any digital/crypto currencies to the wrong wallet, you can never take it back. The transaction cannot be undone. You cannot take your money back. That must be a lesson to be learned. Always double check the address before proceeding.

nMvFbuZ.png

2 minutes ago, zhestllan said:

I've moreover involvement this but I'm fair happy that it's fair a small sum but it's still harms a bit since that's my difficult earned token.Ypu were right we must be exceptionally cautious in making exchanges or withdrawals attempt to check everytime we do it.

You should also consider if the wallet supports the coin that you will be sending. Specially those ERC20 tokens or any other tokens that are created through Ethereum platform. Do not forget the tags if tags are needed. 

nMvFbuZ.png

22 minutes ago, ciastim said:

Yes, there are so severa traps out there. About contamination it's superb you test your PC first of all, do not allow your individual data gotten by other people.

Why does there are some problem/error for the quotation tool. I am not the one who said what you have quoted. It was from different member's reply. 😕 

nMvFbuZ.png

Indeed, I also know about viruses like that which automatically replace the address wallet that will be sent with the owner of the virus. Yes, that we must always be vigilant and not be in a hurry. Thank you OP for sharing your experience

YOUengine-cryptotalk.png.2ca158a48ed925f2af8f14fc1863c423.png

If you do this than you lost your coins because there is no any trick or procedure that your coins will reverse in the market again and we are not doing this in the market. Crypto market is the best and good market in the world and it is so much profitable.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Scammers are always there they watching us and make there move to the right timing to scanned people.if you send youre bitcoin in other bitcoin adress there is no turning back for it so be carefull buddy

Edited by Win

So sorry, if you did that's mistake, it is unrecoverable action, that's if you send your coins to the different address there is no way to contact the one who receive that's wrong address

I wonder how can virus affect coinpayments addresses. It has to be lodged into the server of coinpayments. However, even if some virus did it, it was still your fault, you have to be absolutely sure, you have the same characters posted in the send textbox, as is the address of the receiver's address. 

7 hours ago, Thefighter said:

That's exactly why I always check multiple times if the adress that I want to send bitcoin to is correct. I check the first and last letters or numbers to see if they coincidence with the correct ones

Sure, its too good if we will double checking our addresses that's we want to send money before confirming it to start processed by the blockchain network