Simple tip to prevent crypto scammers and bots from adding you to scam crypto related Telegram groups. - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BarryHoward

Simple tip to prevent crypto scammers and bots from adding you to scam crypto related Telegram groups.

Yes I have already changed this setting and from that day I am not added in any group by random people. It's good feature to save yourself from many scam and fake groups and channels.

These are really good tips to avoid getting caught in scams I don't usually use bots when working on crypto Bots work well a lot of the time but I like to work on my own. But always try to stay away from telegram groups Most telegram group scams.

This kind of information is very helpful to everyone specially to those beginners in the cryptoworld. There's a lot of scammers out there always make a way in order to scam people to earn money. As they said prevention is better than cure so we need to prevent engaging to this kinds of people. 

Unfortunately it often happens to me too I am added to many telegram channels that do not interest me at all and without my knowledge I think they do it for advertising purposes or to be rewarded I didn't know about this very simple operation that can prevent these additions Thanks you for having shared with us

Of course, the criminalization has become stuffed with scammers and scams. We must be careful and take all necessary measures to deter such people in order to preserve our money and the money of others.

Thanks for sharing this great ideal with us, recently I was being added in Many scam group of investment , and there keep adding me to such groups, but recently a friend told me me and I tried changing the settings and it worked well for me.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I probably didn't know telegram had this feature. But this still wouldn't stop scams on telegram as they can pm you directly on your DM, I have seen a couple of that, we can't avoid that. The lasting solutions to this is a proper research on any kind of new project we come across without being driven by greed and emotions. That's it.

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

I have done this before. And I think that it is a very good way to protect yourself from fraud up to some extent. Everyone should follow this. Because the numbers of scammers are increased too much that. We are not safe online. Most of the time because of our careless we lose our money

I was suffering a lot because a lot of people were adding me to groups I did not care about, but after I implemented this method, no one could add me to these groups.

thanks for sharing this amazing trick I am using telegram from last 4-5 months but I was unaware about this trick but today you showed me something very amazing thanks for your post 

On 3/27/2020 at 12:06 AM, BarryHoward said:

If you are interested in cryptocurrency and you are a member of some cryptocurrency groups on Telegram, I am sure that everyday there are many scammers who adding you to Telegram groups dedicated to scams and fake projects without your permission, and after this, you will see that many members of these scam groups are sending private messages to you and trying to steal your coins.

To avoid those fraudsters I am going to give you a tip that will protect you from being added to those scam telegram groups without your permission, just follow these steps:

1- Go to Telegram settings.
2- Go to Privacy and Security.
3- Go to Groups & channels.
4- You will see the section: “Group invite Settings” then you will see "Who can add me to groups and channels" 
5- Change it from "Everybody" to "My contacts" then click on "SAVE"

By doing this you are protecting yourself from many fraudulent attempts.

If you want a person who isn't in your contacts, want him to add you to a Telegram group, then you can click on "Add exceptions" then click on "Always allow - Add users" and add him manually.

If you have other ways which will help users of cryptotalk forum to avoid crypto scammers on Telegram, then feel free to mention them in the comments.

telegram.png

In terms of money especially here in crypto world dont just trust in different offers around you try to seek guidance or try to ask questions from senior users it is fine especially here in cryptotalk. once i've step my way in telegram i will follow this tip, thanks buddy!

Scammers are very scary creatures in our world! I would like to really recommend to all newcomers that you need to protect your account urgently, and also, do not visit harmful sites without proper knowledge. Because, I often meet in the telegram bot, some Scam project that offers to invest in it , respectively, as a temporary pyramid!

this happened with me before many times and i am already using this way , i feel good with no more annoying messages , when dealing with crypto we should be careful of this type of scammers so we don't lose our money

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Telegram was ones the best site you can visit to earn good coins in the Cryptocurrency world but recently scammers seems to have took over the media because they are now using it to scam people with less experience about Cryptocurrency, so in order to avoid there threat kindly turn your who can add me from "anybody" to "contact only" because that is the only way you can prevent yourself from being added to scam groups.

Yeah, but I believe that also prevent you from randomly getting into some good non-scam groups as well, most of the time that I get added to telegram groups unknowingly I just leave the group immediately but there are times that you get added to some good crypto chat group that can help you in trading and investment, if you don't send any private key or any funds to any person on telegram and not click on random links you will be fine no matter what, so at the end of the day it all comes back to yourself.

Edited by lharost
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

On 6/7/2020 at 7:15 PM, Mohamad ibrahem said:

The telegram is full of scammers. I have always suffered from these fraudulent groups. I hope I can get rid of them now because they cause me a lot of trouble in recent times.

Iam also suffering these telegram scam groups and these scammers  scammed me twice, so now I don't trust any groups fake projects are eye catching offers, so this information really useful for me, to avoid those fraudsters and scam messages.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

Indeed telegram campaign is a reputable means for participating in campaign and also suitable for advertising Crypto currencies and other online products. But a times one needs to be extra careful because telegram do houses bunch of scammers, fraudster and hackers.

Make sure you privacy is your utmost concerned.

• +3 1

Thanks to that perfect advice, the best I have heard all day but there could be another thing, there are sites that are not so easy to exit from the right idea would be to really define what are the good things that work for us all. but this is a very good advice and I will definitely check on my telegram and put up some security to it it could be helpful to avoid such mistakes

• +5 1

Even if you follow all these tips, you can still join the group of scammers yourself without knowing what they are. If you are going to buy new cryptocurrencies, study the team in detail, not only on their website, but also separately googling their names.

A good advice for every beginner is to disable the ability to add it to groups that are not known by anyone, and as soon as anyone logs into crypto groups, messages from scammers come to him every day, for me I block them directly and advise everyone to do the same thing.

Telegram is a joke an has all these settings open so scammers are abusing other users anyway they can. This chat application is very badly designed but it has became very popular asmany crypto teams are using it for news and discussions, as well as support. It has some good features as encrypted messaging but it needs more to do on the security part.

• +3 1

Practically every day they add me to groups on telegram and many times I cannot detect which are Scams and which are not. I think it is a big problem that we all have, the world of cryptocurrencies is full of scammers and I firmly believe that while there is no way to regulate the trade of digital currencies, we will not be able to regulate scammers either. I believe that the day that governments accept cryptocurrencies as a regular exchange, we will never get rid of scammers, because they know very well that what we are doing is not entirely legal, therefore we are in the same club that they. And governments see equally those who trade and those who scam with cryptocurrencies

I am So thankful to you my good friend, you have saved my life! These scammers have been adding me to stupid scam channels and groups for many days now and I keep getting their stupid scam notifications and I'm always deleting groups from telegram. They add me in ten groups every day and they are all some sleezy scammers there thousands of them discussing and trying to steal money from poor people. I used this settings and I hope I will not be added to scam telegram again.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +4 1

You deserve credit for this good presentation and the instructions. I had the same problems with telegram when I first used it and I was searching for an hour until I found this option that blocks them from forcing you to join other telegram channels. 

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1

Yes this is a good feature which is available in the telegram. And we can prevent our account by this. And people will not add us in the spamming group.

• +3 1