Protecting your crypto - Page 18 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Glossy

Protecting your crypto

6 hours ago, elguettlazhari said:

Browsing is not an easy matter, especially if you have information on your device and it is sensitive, you may lose it at any moment by mistake from you.

Sometimes some sites can send you a malware that will be monitoring your device and sending them your privacy data for their perusal, they can even wipe out your funds in your local account

For holding purpose this good to save your crypto money in cold and hard wallets. But in case of trading then you have to keep it online in exchanges. Then i will suggest activate your dual security system. 

All you said is right and can help us to save our money from the scammers , but i want to add something , is download something from the unknown source this is really dangerous , because can scam your desktop and all your accounts , so you have to be careful in this world because is full by scammers.

16 hours ago, malik6314193 said:

For holding purpose this good to save your crypto money in cold and hard wallets. But in case of trading then you have to keep it online in exchanges. Then i will suggest activate your dual security system. 

Yes,,, for traders they need to activate all means of security in that exchange so that it won't be easy for them to breach the system, and for wallet the best is the hard wallet, they are best to used to store coins offline

retaining it at the exchanges is the worst alternative due to the fact you do now not personal the coins and the alternate owns your coins. even supposing the trade is first-class for protection, it's far first-rate to keep your cash on a chilly wallet. if you trade, you want to keep a few small part at the trade

You actually covered the most important factors of being secure when operating with cryptocurrencies, I can only add that you must have a mind of not trying to get free money.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:19 AM, Glossy said:

What are you doing to protect your crypto?

To protect my crypto, I always follow some safety steps that I learn from the cryptoworld. First, I always make sure that the wallet I am using is legit and no history of being scammed. Second, I didn't give my address to other person or no one can access my wallet. Lastly, I uses the 2fa authentication code  to make my coins more safe and secure.

Yes, these are very important notes, thank you, and I come across a lot of scammers through a telegram program and they give me an incredible imaginative offer.

One of the most important reasons for your success in encryption is to protect your cryptocurrency from fraud and penetration, and there are several ways to achieve this. 
I believe that the most important of these methods is to enable 2FA in your account

i totally agree with you. the idea of cold wallet was useful for me i write my wallet's private key on a paper and save it somewhere safe.about telegram scammers they are always waiting for newbies in crypto groups so as you said you should never trust them.

these policies of funding protection are very useful. it's miles a very efficient and secure hardware pockets and does no longer
feean awful lot. I think every person can find the money for to shop for a Ledger Nano S.
ICO tasks are quite much a scam, so rule variety 3 can be excluded.

On 10/16/2019 at 10:19 PM, Glossy said:

Don't let your assets stay on exchange too long

Balances that are meant for trading are only to be left on cryptocurrency exchange (for a short period too). Definitely we have learnt one or two things from the previous scerenios of  big exchanges attacked and funds stolen. Exchanges are meant for trading and not saving crypto.

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

Actually you are right cold wallet and offline wallet is best place to store our coins. Now I'm keeping my coins in online wallet but I also add high security to to save from hacker and very soon I will keep my coins in cold wallet, bytheway thanks for this information.

On 5/18/2020 at 6:08 PM, Zain9080 said:

If you can invest tens of thousands of dollars, so don't forget to invest in your own computer's security. It will cost you less than 50 bucks to have additional protection.......

I think that any investment that is above $1000 is important and needs to be secure. Leaving amounts like these on exchanges parked and not even trading is not wise. I agree with you, it is just $50-60 for a decent hardware wallet.

People can also keep their wallets safe by never sending their wallet addresses to strangers online as these might be hackers that are able to penetrate your wallet and steal all your crypto currency.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:19 AM, Glossy said:

What are you doing to protect your crypto?

I have my own ways to protect or make my crypto very secure. First, I choose the best wallet to become the storage of my crypto. After that, I always make some unique and secure passcodes so that no one can access it. And of course, I don't say it to other people so that they can't access it without my permission.

Thank you, my friend, for these important tips. I think we should really be very careful when doing cryptocurrencies and try to protect our cryptocurrencies and our money as much as possible because we can be exposed to fraud as many people are exposed to.

On 17.10.2019 at 00:19, Glossy said:

Что вы делаете, чтобы защитить свой крипто?

Существует большая опасность, что кто-то отберет у вас ваши крипто активы, поэтому мы должны быть осторожны в их защите.

Вот некоторые из правил, которые помогают нам защитить их:

1. Если вы пользуетесь шифрованием, используйте аппаратный кошелек или холодный кошелек - скопируйте семена и храните их в 2 или 3 безопасных местах - то же самое с холодным кошельком.

2. Не позволяйте вашим активам оставаться на бирже слишком долго

3. Всегда будьте осторожны, прежде чем инвестировать в ICO - исследуйте команду и проект

4. Никогда не доверяйте никому, кто связывается с вами в группе Telegram и предлагает вам «отличную сделку»

5. Если что-то кажется слишком хорошим, чтобы быть правдой, это, вероятно, мошенничество.

Если у вас есть какие-либо советы, пожалуйста, не стесняйтесь поделиться ими

Береги себя, друзья мои

Если вы находите эту тему полезной, не стесняйтесь отмечать это так же интересно

Telegrams are constantly written and offered excellent earnings, but this is all a hoax.  I store assets in wallets, not on exchanges.  All your tips are correct.  I also use antivirus software and do not store seed on my computer.  Security comes first in the field of crypto investments!

https://youengine.io/          YOUengine-cryptotalk.png

Maintaining the money you own is more important than acquiring new money, so the issue of protection is very important, but not everyone can have cold portfolios, then decentralization portfolios fulfill the purpose with a little caution.

On 10/17/2019 at 6:28 AM, Glossy said:

Great tip, thank you for sharing, I am sure everyone will find it helpful as I find it.

I have never used multisig wallet to be honest, and not sure how do they work, I believe that you need two private keys for them?

security should be always prioritized here in cryptocurrency so we need to strengthen out protection and safety here because we might be prone into some scammers or hackers that wants to take advantage of us so we need to be safe always

On 6/4/2020 at 2:06 AM, Bruno52 said:

People can also keep their wallets safe by never sending their wallet addresses to strangers online as these might be hackers that are able to penetrate your wallet and steal all your crypto currency.

Well, best idea is to hold your valuable cryptocurrencies in a best hardware wallets like Ledger Nano, Trezor etc. Keeping valuable currencies on online wallet is not a smart way to secure your funds for a long-term purposes. 

• +2 1

We need to use safe places to keep our crypto secure The best wallet is the hardware wallet It costs money to buy a hardware wallet but it is very reliable Hackers do not have easy access to it and have not been scammed so far.

Fully agree with you and want to suggest even more points:

1. If you hodl on some exchange make sure you are with a security as for example 2FA, but never leave the funds too long if you dont trust that exchange in particular.

2. Never trust anyone who contacts you discord and any other social medias as well instead just telegram as mentioned at OP.

The Best Auto Faucet with levels - Highest Paying:

https://firefaucet.win/

The Best Auto Faucets with no minimum withdraw amount to ExpressCrypto!

https://autofaucet.dutchycorp.space/ | https://autofaucet.org/   |   https://autoclaim.in/   |   https://autobitco.in/

This is very useful information, thank you! And I think your account needs to be very well protected! After all, what happens, you can lose all your valuables, and money, and it will be very sad. Therefore, it is better not to risk, and immediately put a good defense!

I completely agree with you. To keep your cryptocurrency safe don't keep your coins in a single wallet for long, try to divide them into different wallet address. Activate 2fa password to avoid being hacked.