Do we need to HODL Crypto until the price goes up? - Page 12 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
bobjoemega

Do we need to HODL Crypto until the price goes up?

Yes, you are right and even that daily trading gives much more profits than waiting for the high exchange rates.

Sometimes holding gaves us some extra money which we can't earn from crypto market in short time period of trading so makes your some decisions about long  short and medium term investment so that on both sides trading we earned handsome money from this uncertain market. 

Dear friend I must say , there are many ways of deriving profit from cryptocurrencies, everyone has his own way of benefiting from crypto, I understand ur trying to say that daily trade which is short term trade is much better,but I think it's not so, long term trade is better also.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Personally I think hodl is a good idea as long as we have a small capital and we want to enlarge it in the long term and even more so if we do not know how to trade perfectly 

I think so! You need to hold the cryptocurrency until it soars higher! After all, this is not at all profitable for our budget, taking for $ 9,000 bitcoin, and selling for $ 7,000 we will get a loss of $ 2000, and this is not profitable at all!

I also think we have to hold on until the price goes up When it comes to investing in Bitcoin one has to wait patiently to know when the price will go up. It is more profitable to hold on when investing in cryptocurrencies.

Trading on a daily basis in cryptocurrencies is definitely a profitable process, but it is fraught with risks, therefore you should trade with caution and with an amount that you can dispense with if you lose in trading, while most people prefer to buy cryptocurrencies at low and wait for the appropriate time to sell them when prices rise

On 5/17/2020 at 10:54 AM, Mohamad ibrahem said:

Yes, I agree with you, but most people are afraid of daily trading because they do not have enough experience for that. They have to develop themselves and train to trade more, because trading for the day brings us good profits.

Absolutely! The only reason that made many people to fear day trading it's because they do not have enough experience in this. They should practice because day trading is really profitable doesn't matter you are trading margin, leverage, swing, arbitrage, P2P or other day trading methods... but good experience will give you good profit.

• +3 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

The solution to HODL or not depends largely on an individual trading plan and the frequency of profit taking. Whether you will be trading cryptocurrency intraday, holding a position in the medium term or keeping HODL for a long term until the crypto price rises is up to you. The cryptocurrency market needs all types of participants. 

The answer is a resounding yes. More than 70% of people would keep their cryptos even if the price drops close to 0. Imagine that a few months ago the price of BTC dropped to 4000 usd, a sharp drop due to the issue of covid-19 and none of those who I know, including myself, we sold our satochis, we kept them in our wallets, and today we even have a profit again. The market always has highs and lows, but in the long run the tendency of BTC is to rise in value even more than it is currently. You would regret selling your cryptos now and after a few years see how they are worth good money, because it will be so, everything indicates that their behavior is being bullish for an indefinite time.

cryptocurrencies at low and wait for the appropriate time to sell them when prices rise, and the frequency of profit taking

• +1 1

I am not doing any of these (Buying , HODL or Selling of crypto) mainly because of the extreme volatility and associated uncertainties.

I strongly believe Trading crypto is a better strategy than the other three, since it could generate a stable stream of weekly and monthly income.

HODL is inaction based on the ‘Hope’ that the prices will rise in future due to some reason.

But trading is Action, a mentally stimulating activity which can be rewarding if done right (with the right analysis and mastery over emotions).

A good trader would have gained mastery over the 3 emotions - ‘Fear’, ‘Greed’ and ‘Hope’.

I am a forex trader and I don’t hold any cryptocurrencies (for long term). I do use some forex brokers who allow cryptocurrency deposits and withdrawals.

Once deposited, the forex brokers store cryptocurrencies essentially as USD (or some stable fiat currency) at the time of deposit, so I don’t have to worry about the purchasing power of my invested money in trading going down.

The value of cryptocurrency can move over 20% a day all of a sudden and moves less than 2% on most of the days. We never know what is the right margin to apply to minimize the risks and maximize the profits (Proper Optimization) at the same time. This makes cryptocurrencies less attractive for margin trading.

So, basically I use cryptocurrency only to make certain transactions and not as an investment.

You may check my profile or other answers for more insights on trading and investing in general.

When there is a good cryptocurrency project, safe, reliable and with good adoption by large investors, the most ideal thing is to go shopping every time the price falls a little and do holding, if suddenly we want to trade, do it with a small percentage of our investment portfolio.

Hodl is a good way to make money with Bitcoin. I don't know if it will help with other coins. Sometimes Bitcoin is rising too fast and leaving altcoins bleeding gaining dominance and only rising. At the top altcoins will rise too, but lately I have seen all rising together and I don't understand this exactly how it happens.

• +1 1

The adherence to the currencies depends on the price that was made from the purchase. If the price is close to the purchase level, I advise you to stick to it, but if the purchase was made from the bottom, the currency will have achieved profit in any case and you can exit with the capital, for example, and continue with it with the remaining profits.

• +1 1

Care must be taken not to hold for too long, once we reach the profit we were aiming for, we must take the profits, I say this from my own experience as I held when Bitcoin was trading at 20k, believing that it would continue to rise

My opinion is that day trading has a much higher risk than trading in the long term because not all people are able to day trade. Price fluctuation does not help in the correct investment when trading day, but in the long term we can reduce the risks

I don't know why you are fixated with crypto and you don't try to understand that altcoins have no purpose. It is bitcoin we hold and altcoins we trade or invest when they are very low. Look at the altcoin charts they are ridiculous how can you invest money in any of these.

• Useful or interesting 1

From my point of view it is good to do scalping and Hold depending, it is partly to be able to diversify, so a percentage moves daily and another percentage is handled as a type of savings.

In my opinion, holding is very important, because if the market is not good, of course we will hold the crypto we have. If the market recovers, we will continue trading. We don't have the power to force governments to adopt cryptocurrency, and I don't think that's necessary because they won't care about crypto.

• +1 1

This is very dependent on which coin being held because it is very difficult to determine when the coin price will start rising. if you are holding a top coin I think you are safe and what must be done is to continue to monitor the coin movement and the development of the project behind it.

• Useful or interesting 1

This is exactly what we should be doing. No selling when prices drop for a while because what is happening is that you will sell at the bottom. Try to buy more when prices are dropping instead. The correct move we did was to buy and now we hold and wait.

• +3 1

It is better to buy at some low price and hold but right now maybe we can't go lower as we are in a good position to rise more, but the hold part is good when somebody accumulated in the lower price zones. It can be good for trading right now.

• +2 1