Sending coins/Tokens to wrong address - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Nicecrypto

Sending coins/Tokens to wrong address

Yes we have to be careful  sence any coins sent to a wrong address we can't get it back so it is a bad thing about crypto transactions over the time. if they can change this disadvantage  it will be ok for me because it will give me a chance to get my coins back again 

6 hours ago, phabulu said:

One typo in your address and it will gonna last forever, always check more than 1 time before sending any coin/token and any amount to an address, better safe than sorry.

What do you mean by one typo? Yes, a double check is compulsory. I have never made this mistake because of proper control.

On 10/13/2019 at 5:47 AM, Nicecrypto said:

I know this has happened to me once when I just entered crypto, sent a token with same ticker to the wrong exchange wallet address. Now the question is, what happens to the token or coins you mistakenly sent to a wrong address since they are not delivered? Do they burn up in crypto space or what? This has been on my mind so just needed some understand on it.

Most people in the crypto space have made this mistake ones or twice, I can remember when i did, i couldn't believe what has happen seeing my coins just sitting in the wrong address with no way of recovery. The coin don't get burn but just remain  on the chain, if it was send to an address use by another person then the coins belongs to them, there is no easy way of contacting them, this is a bad thing to experience. Pray this stop happening to people.

fortunately I never made such a mistake as every time I want to send some coins I check the address at least 3 times before submitting, It's really hurtful if someone make this mistake, I hope this never happens to anyone

Those currencies remain there, if the owner of the address exists it is a good thing, but otherwise you lose them, there is no way that this transaction can be reversed. although today there are some who promise to recover those funds, but I don't believe them.

If you send currencies to a wallet that is not specific to that currency
The draw will not work
If you send the coins to a special wallet you will go to the owner of that wallet
And this happened to me and I received several payments from Bitcoin that I was not waiting for

Life is great and enjoy it

7 hours ago, Thekingcallme said:

And this happened to me and I received several payments from Bitcoin that I was not waiting for

Are this payment's for the once you sent wrongly or the once that accidentally was sent to your account? I think as you mentioned, I guess this is just one short fall of the crypto blockchain that we have to live with.

Earn free Ethereum every 1 Hour

https://free-ethereum.io/?referer=243721

Hi, 

23 hours ago, Nicecrypto said:

This story should never have happened if you cared about your investment. Be careful before sending it. Always check two or three times. This action is mandatory, my friend.

23 hours ago, Nicecrypto said:

I don't think is about not being cared for my investment, things happen and I believe I am not the only one this has happened to and besides it was in 2017 like I said I just wanted to know what happens to such token/coins sent to a wrong address the confusion was two different projects with the same ticker after I sent from my wallet to the exchange and didn't receive that's when I started checking and realized they were different and I also believe I have gotten plenty explanation on different scenarios in previous post.

This is forum, its another opinion of lucky80 user.

The link , itis okay,but  should be a knowledge support.

This story should never have happened if you cared about your investment.

That's a great truth.

You're  an investor, mate. There's no excuse for getting it wrong. So, what to do to not make mistakes...

Use "copy wallet address" button or The QR code.

Very important sometimes the transfers, deposits from exchanges, ICOs is no allowed.

Regards.

ss.gif

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

Feeling sorry for such incidents with dear fellows. Its very bad thing that some times happens with people. Its very difficult to get back coins sent to the wrong address. Particularly in crypto market. So be careful while doing transactions in digital currencies.

30 minutes ago, alexisfuentes said:

ss.gif

Yeah good point, people should use buttons like this when they want to copy / paste the address, because when you try to copy it by selecting all the characters with mouse are keyboard you can make mistake, but in this way you can be sure that the copied value is correct

Cannot send to a non-existent wallet link
If you send, you send someone else's currency
Because the payment system does not pay for the wallet does not exist

THINK POSITIVE

On 10/13/2019 at 5:10 PM, Khan said:

The tokens you send to the wrong address is now the property of that address owner and you can not do anything as this is the biggest disadvantage of the Crypto.

and what happen to bitcoin that people not remember thier password in blockchain wallet? they are still there forever i the blockchain or the developer get that coin?

I'm pretty sure they just get lost in space and no one can access them, but i advice site owner to impose some king of tech that will detect wrong address when trying to send your coins.

Unstoppable domains have this option to easy remember names and domains for addresses,
for example I can buy domain hewin.zil or hewwin.crypto and assign several addresses to this domain (ETH, BTC...) and I can receive crypto in my wallet. I thionk Coinomi added this feature recently.
This can solve mistake of sending to wrong addresses

• Useful or interesting 1

11 hours ago, Thefighter said:

This might be considered a disadvantage of bitcoin but in the same time I think it is also an advantage. Once the coins have left your wallet and the transaction was made there is no way you can get it back. This is bad if you send to the wrong adress, but is good if you sell something online because the buyer can't ask for refund. 

9 hours ago, MD SADIR HOSSAIN MRIDA said:

It is a panic to send coin or token wrong address. Sending wrong address coin or token can not possible back these. So user should be careful  to sending token or coin. They should check address double time.

hi, these are phrases and words that should be removed you start in this world of trader.

Of course it is true (panic, fear, bad) if you ara going to send a significant amount, but do a test with a small amount before.

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

20 hours ago, CryptoJony said:

We should be careful about this types of mistakes. We need to check so many times address are correct or not. Otherwise we will loose big amount one day.

yes exactly , now there is a nother type of hacke , a new scripts and trojans thats work to change your wallet into the hacker wallet when you want to deposit or withdrawl funds 

In my opinion I think this coins are lost and you can't recover them, or maybe if made a mistake in your address maybe this address is the right one for somebody else and he will receive your tokens 

If you send your any coin to the wrong address then you will lose all your coins and you will never recover that coin again. Crypto market is a good market but something is very important in it like sending and receiving address and also wallet detail is most important things in it.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 10/13/2019 at 1:47 PM, Nicecrypto said:

what happens to the tokens or coins you mistakenly sent to a wrong address

If these tokens are erc20 and you sent it to ethereum address it can be recover but in reality, the exchange will not entertain you for this type of mistake. Also if you send it to another chain it will be lost forever.

Before sending tokens, there were never any problems with sending a particular exchange exchange address. Bitcoin and many cryptocurrencies too. 

We should careful at the time of transaction. Wrong address can losses your money though if the address doesn't exist, the transaction will be cancelled.

They got lost and that is they got burn since no one can use it and it is lost forever thereby reducing the total supply of the coin in particular

So far, this has never happened to me, if it happened, I would already be hanging in a loop, because I constantly transfer huge amounts in recalculation to bitcoin. But by the way, if you intentionally transferred to another unknown wallet, then I can throw off mine and you will know where your money is now).

That would be the very unlucky thing could happen on your crypto world experience. The transactions were irreversible when it goes to blockchain network and ledgers automatically turn it into transparent blocks.