[LEARN] How to avoid Phishing email scam - Page 3 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

[LEARN] How to avoid Phishing email scam

I have some method too to blocked all phising/spam messgae on your email.

If you got the same email/topic/word from diferent email, just save the word of your setting like "Free 1 Bitcoin". Everytime you got email with that word, the email will marked as spam and never show at your email.

All the time i use Gmail and Yahoo mail but yahoo not supported by a lot of Crypto website and exchange,about gmail i think also they prevent you about spam or risked mail too 

Thanks a lot for your information. It’s really helpful to avoid fhishing mail. Cause now it has become very unusual thing for everyone.  

Edited by cryptoboy

On 10/10/2019 at 1:44 AM, hexwin said:

I agree with you. I even saw people who are experienced falling for things like this,
if they are in a hurry or rush, and they don't pay attention.

Same thing is used for stealing Private keys.

That is true, most of the email users that are not good enough to know what are the phising sites are ended up scammed. The good thing to do for keeping your email safe from phishing sites is to check if the site is secured and known internationally or many users have used that site

I think its very important to be very cautious with your personal information and actually some phishing scams divert you to a fraudelent websites, design to look like your bank's website or similar trusted source.

and to add be very suspecious of any emails you receive from trusted entities like your bank, and if the emails contain any link probably don't click.

These emails are common to me and I don't open them at all as I simply go to their website and do what I want. clicking is really prohibited as this will lead to scam our money and date credentials.

They always match the urls or send a tab to click on it, but don't open it at all.

10 minutes ago, Abdullahi said:

So some one has to be careful and concious when one recieves phishing email so as to not fall victim.

actually its almost everyday I get email on my spam, they said about investment and also multiple coins, we dont need to worry, because thats only email, but sometime newbe dont know this, they klick that link and than send privat information to get lot of money that scamer promised

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

Also, most of phising email are on your spam emails, i usually just deleted them all because of them are scam. Don't forget to look at the sender. You can easily detect the scam one, use your common sense.

Just don't let others fooled you. Think many many times before you decide, think before you click, be a wise thinker and don't believe easily. And becareful on what you do in every ways in any thing. 

I'm stickying to my normal email provider, all you can do is not using that email account for anything else but crypto, do not sign on social network, mailing list, academic stuff, nothing. Just crypto. So you'll know the emails you get are crypto related. Put the official email of your crypto accounts of your mailing list so they are not sent to spam.

I do some research to find out how we can avoid a phishing email scam. So I found this thing

•  If the email contains a link, don't click on it.
  •  Never Give Out Personal Information when you see something is wrong then check the website of the company and do some research to ensure all is ok
  •  Use Antivirus Software which prevents access to malicious files by blocking the attacks

In general, I never click on any links that come to my mail, every day a pretty large amount of spam messages comes in, the big problem is that the mail is just clogged

golden  totrial brother , every member here should follow those steps especially those who store money in there computers , and again dont click on any uknown link 

I think email scammera are the worst and the stupidest of them all because I have had a couple interaction with them and they don't even make it look  convicing because I never even click on suspicious links.

On 11/21/2019 at 7:40 AM, Jokeer said:

I do some research to find out how we can avoid a phishing email scam. So I found this thing

•  If the email contains a link, don't click on it.
  •  Never Give Out Personal Information when you see something is wrong then check the website of the company and do some research to ensure all is ok
  •  Use Antivirus Software which prevents access to malicious files by blocking the attacks

Right to say and following these all things is very important for all peoples and I am sure in this way no one will gonna to scam easily.

This type of phishing mainl should be avoided by all. I have got this type of mail more times but after seeing this I just delete them and make them spam.

Good post for me, another way to avoid phishing email that I can use. Until now I only see the link, if look suspicious I'll delete it, block the sender and make new email ( if necessary ).  Connect email with phone for notification also good step even I never use it.

This is good post, day by day scammers and phishing scams are getting larger day by day. so this kind if details will really help us to avoid this kind of problem. i am really grateful to join this forum because i am being aware to this kind of scam. 

The thing to remember to avoid everything that harms you is that money will not come from your email. Working hard as Satoshi does is something that must be instilled in every human soul. I've seen a bounty hunter make 1 Million USD, and it's not imaginary. Hashing begin!

Only a cold head will help you.
Sometimes a person is tired and does not distinguish a similar page from the original, they look the same.
We need to save the most important pages in the favorite tabs

1 hour ago, steel123 said:

Only a cold head will help you.
Sometimes a person is tired and does not distinguish a similar page from the original, they look the same.
We need to save the most important pages in the favorite tabs

Your cold head might be work but your favorite thing is also a gap to destruction. Do not use email for financial activities in contact with other worlds.

• Useful or interesting 1

1 hour ago, SCB1234 said:

Very well done. Thank you for sharing. I would add that if you are not certain of an email and you were not expecting to receive an official looking email, you can always go the official, familiar website by typing it in manually in your browser and email their support with full details, or you can discuss via telegram group. In every instance you must learn to recognize legitimate sources for everything. In a telegram group, don't just assume a direct message reply is legitimate even when they claim to be support. Also, be aware that emails have an address that is sent from, and a signature name (for example bob@bob.com may appear as bo yobit (just making up name). There is even spoof mail that lets people make it appear as if an email is coming from a different address.

The only way to truly combat this or avoid a scam is to check the real website without clicking any links.

The only time you should ever actually click a link in an email is if you sign up to join a website and it immediately sends you a confirmation email to click. Even then, double check the email address to be certain.

Beautiful explanation. I also want to add something. It is a good practice to use a different email for each business. With this method, spammer or scammer will not find your email address. You can also detect businesses or websites that sell your email addresses.

On 12/15/2019 at 12:51 PM, Cryptokiller said:

To avoid phishing emails you just need to have some extra knowledge.when any email offers you money it is scam.Then block it

Right to say those people who ask for money or provide any offer with you about money then do not accept that offer and ignore them.