[LEARN] How to avoid Phishing email scam - Page 5 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

[LEARN] How to avoid Phishing email scam

Yes, the most recognizable part of the fake email is its name and URL. As the comments said, URL must used the HTTPS protocol to make sure that the data is protected.

Also one of the thing is difference in original and fake sites. The duplication of site is also known as Pharming. You must search first the original URL of the site before you proceed to ensure the security.

Edited by Interface User
Grammar/Spelling Mistakes
  • +3 1

On 2/2/2020 at 3:21 PM, Lativak said:

For example you can just not click on any link that you get in email before making sure that email address and the link is legit and you expected an email like that.

Exactly we don't need to click on any foreign email that we don't know the destiny , but people are really Greedy because in email they sent in topic message like you win one bitcoin and people fall in 

6 minutes ago, sihind said:

I concur with you. I certainly saw people who are skilled falling for things like this, if they are in a rush or surge, and they do no longer pay attention.

I really hope that people are conscience about that, because this spam email will never stopped 

Thanks for giving such a nice information about tutanova email like you there are many others who have faced such scammers the only difference is you catched it earlier and som of the other users can't understand and give all the details asked. 

This would be very helpful to all of us here. Thank you for this wonderful and beneficial information. I also receive phising sites on my gmail account, i just dont want to open the links they send.

We additionally obtained a few e-mails along with accessories in it, We in no way clicked on in it however We question it's that is that they use a keylogger upon my COMPUTER, report r keystrokes, and so on? anyhow We alter my e-mail fairly frequently and do not obtain as numerous right now

• +3 1

Oh thanks for the information. Ineed, Microsoft separate mailing service Outlook also blocks the phishing attempts from any malicious senders. Scammers are creating headache to honest users. How can we punish scammers? They cheat users around the world. 

Especially for those, who have accidentally , participated in the fake airdrop campaigns by entering their emails, they are more likely to get the repetitive fake and scamming emails from them. In order to avoid scamming mails just block the senders. 

On 10/9/2019 at 1:21 AM, hexwin said:

I am using one great alternative for Gmail and it is called Tutanova email.

Today I received one email in my Tutanova account, with this content, asking me to 'update'

s.138.jpg

First thing you should do when you receive email from anyone is DOUBLE CHECK his email address and not just his name.

Here we can see that name is fake Tutanova Team, and real email address is rhody.ezekiel....

That is first Red Flag.

You should never click any links i your email (example is Resolve Issue Now) and never download any attachments

When I hover over that blue field, it can show me short link scammer is using /they often use this tactics to steal your data and crypto)

You should NEVER visit this links.

s.139.jpg

This is where links is directing next

s.140c.jpg

s.140.jpg

FAKE Tutanova website, asking you to enter your details, email and passoword.

Always double check Address bar, and you can see some random web address.

NEVER enter any details.

They are using same tactics for Gmail, and all crypto Phishing websites, like fake Ethereum and other coins Airdrops.

If you learned this now, you can apply to any similar situation in future.

Stay Safe,

HEX

Everyday I received many mails from scammers who sent me many spam link for stolen my account. That's why always I verify every mail when I received. Thanks to you for share this important post. I think if we didn’t share our mail in public place then we protect our account.                  

I'm also trying to save from bad emails. So maximum time i blocked that kind of emails. Before I'm no heard about Tutanova. Actually I'm using Gmail to receive all mails. 

Yes i also receiving this type emails daily so becarefull don't click on any link if clicked double check domain address then use some scammers creating clone websites so always chek domain address before enter your details.

• +2 1

Thanks for this tutorial because it's really helpful,I Have already receive an email from a brave browser that they have a new airdrop and they selected me to participate in and in final it's a scam 

My browser really offers protection that protects against phishing, and thus you can bypass "infected sites". Thanks for warning. 

• +1 1

Thanks very much for reminding us, there are a lot of phishing emails and they have made many bad things to online users, not only for crypto users but to many internet users.

Time is the ultimate weapon!

by the way men thank you so much for aharing your knowledge about avoiding such thungs because sometime i experience disame things. but because of your post it make me aware what should i do in the future once i encountered this again.

Too many people are not aware about pishing and other hacking methods. I hoe that a maximum of people will read this topic;

• +1 1

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

Be careful of the site too visit and also make sure you phone will not have contact with ads, also be careful to use many addresses and mixer so that you will mot be easily traveled by scammers. 

Thank you for the alert. As for me, I have never been stolen via email because all suspicious emails go to the trash and I delete them after a while, so I am very carefull .

Thanks for this informative post, I am now aware about this phising sites or gmail messages, as I have been a victim of such attacks earlier, now I am more concerned on securing my accounts. Your post has helped me further to deal with such scams, much appreciated!

Becarefully,, something some one send your message via email and give rewards,,, so if you click link your account wil attack...   yesterday  my account has been stolen... 

This type of scam has been around for a long time, it has become very common in the internet world, this type of scammers take advantage of the circumstances such as, in the situation, the pandemic reads, to attack its victims who do not have knowledge about this type  of data theft, this information is very important that they have shared in the topic to detect a page of these.

You have really provide us with good information an alternative to Gmail using this platform you can easily detect scammers who send you unknown link

On 6/3/2020 at 8:25 AM, ethan1751 said:

Therefore if there is an airdrop via email or there is an event where it is not official from the organizer. Then don't ever try to participate through the link sent.

Yes, like me, even if any link is sent to me through email, be it legit or not, I do not click on any link on it. I only click on links I authorized myself from a platform lime exchanges.