[LEARN] How to avoid Phishing email scam - Page 2 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

[LEARN] How to avoid Phishing email scam

i tweeter follower of yobit be aware..is also many scammer ..just report to the suport if someone who pretend as yobit support and aking your email and update.. dont trust ..they are scammer dont give your info.theey are fake support

1 hour ago, gerry said:

i tweeter follower of yobit be aware..is also many scammer ..just report to the suport if someone who pretend as yobit support and aking your email and update.. dont trust ..they are scammer dont give your info.theey are fake support

Internet is full of fake support scamers... so never trust anyone and always double check to confirm person you are speaking with

15 hours ago, hexwin said:

If you enter your login details or if you download some file they send you in email than yes, your information will be stolen from you and copied.

It likes criminal crime in social media. I will be careful of what i want to do and i will check every weird part which is sent to my email.

Thankyou

Do not reply or read any emails from unkown people and you will be safe, and alaways double check url bar and sender address- If you notice spammer move them to spam folder and block them.

1 hour ago, Rezarekt said:

Thanks  for sharing dude! Helps other members to know this kind of fraud and to be aware. Cheers to guys like you who share post like this to give awareness!

No problem. There are a lot of people who are better than me, and I am waiting for them to start creating good topics and tutorials 😉

4 hours ago, Raihan555 said:

Thank you to share this kind of information. I am also adding few tips to avoid a Phishing email scam like

• Think before where you click. usually, we click some link which you don't what is it.
  • Be aware before submitting any information to any website

Exactly. We should open your eyes and use your brains

Edited by hexwin

ha ha..
I often find it like that, usually in a spam box. I usually meet instead of asking for in the unsucribe but if clicked there is a phishing link. my advice if you find it like that in Gmail do not click / enter your information.

Usually one can see the return senders address, that is how I know something is not from an actual real site. The fake ones have bizarre addresses with a bunch of letters & numbers.

7 hours ago, Starpark said:

If the address is strange like that, you can immediately suspect. But sometimes the fake web address is almost the same as the original address. We sometimes pay less attention, so just ignore the message from the email.

Sometimes they even use punycodes to mask real address and they use fake symbols with dots below, so it is not always easy to spot them all.

29 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Sometimes they even use punycodes to mask real address and they use fake symbols with dots below, so it is not always easy to spot them all.

as well as small L and capital I tricks, If only they can dedicate more time into self development than find a victim they will make better use of their knowledge.

16 hours ago, agentdosa said:

Now Gmail is often used by people who are not responsible, do not think about the future of others and only think about their own interests ... Gmail phishing often appears in the spam section if you have messages in spam be careful it could be that it is a phishing web is lurking about your girik and will retrieve your personal data ...

I am not using gmail except when I need it for some google services.
In general I try to avoid them, and use alternatives as much as I can

so many people just come to some website and just look at to their appeareance. they didn't check the web address.  i ever received email from fake poloniex costumer service, he told me to login and change my password. when i clicked the shortlink, it redirected me to polonex not poloniex and used weebly,com in their web address.

7 hours ago, I-KUN said:

so many people just come to some website and just look at to their appeareance. they didn't check the web address.  i ever received email from fake poloniex costumer service, he told me to login and change my password. when i clicked the shortlink, it redirected me to polonex not poloniex and used weebly,com in their web address.

That is interesting. Most scammers are using similar tactics.
I recently saw  fake chainlink website... but it was chianlink.io  and not real chainlink.io
They changed letters and copy/pasted content on website

56 minutes ago, Cardo said:

You can easily fooled by anyone or in some site that is not familiar to you especially when you are a beginner, scammers and hackers will takte advantage of you so don't trust anyone that is suspicious and don't just give your perosonal information fast so you will not regret it. 

thanks buddy, thats good advice, we need that all, we must be more careful and thorough in reading emails or messages from anyone, sometimes we forget because we are tempted by rewards.

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

55 minutes ago, bergsusanna245 said:

We should be careful when we have an email asking you to enter personal information or account information. Surely bad guys are intent on stealing our information. It is necessary to cultivate yourself with experience in prevention.

I always have several reserve emails I sue for any sign-up, and I generally avoid doing them in first place.
This is good thing to do to avoid losing your coins in some phishing or scam attempt

On 10/8/2019 at 8:21 PM, hexwin said:

I am using one great alternative for Gmail and it is called Tutanova email.

Today I received one email in my Tutanova account, with this content, asking me to 'update'

s.138.jpg

First thing you should do when you receive email from anyone is DOUBLE CHECK his email address and not just his name.

Here we can see that name is fake Tutanova Team, and real email address is rhody.ezekiel....

That is first Red Flag.

You should never click any links i your email (example is Resolve Issue Now) and never download any attachments

When I hover over that blue field, it can show me short link scammer is using /they often use this tactics to steal your data and crypto)

You should NEVER visit this links.

s.139.jpg

This is where links is directing next

s.140c.jpg

s.140.jpg

FAKE Tutanova website, asking you to enter your details, email and passoword.

Always double check Address bar, and you can see some random web address.

NEVER enter any details.

They are using same tactics for Gmail, and all crypto Phishing websites, like fake Ethereum and other coins Airdrops.

If you learned this now, you can apply to any similar situation in future.

Stay Safe,

HEX

This what I want for a long time, thanks for your sharing, really this going to help me a lot, I have been hacked many times because of some suspicious e-mails

On 10/16/2019 at 8:02 AM, hexwin said:

I would suggest you to change Yahoo mail and use some other email provider.
Yahoo has been hacked several times and should be avoided.

Some new email rpoviders are FREE and they also accept crypto

THis is true and you should be aware of this , before i dont use any email but this yahoo thing.their rocketmail.com, yahoomail.com and yahoo.com. i now use GMAIL only and dont forget to have its security.

3 minutes ago, cryptokram said:

THis is true and you should be aware of this , before i dont use any email but this yahoo thing.their rocketmail.com, yahoomail.com and yahoo.com. i now use GMAIL only and dont forget to have its security.

Gmail is not secure at all.
They all read and spy your messagess and that has been proven.
I don't want google to read all that I write or I send and receive.
There are better privacy focused alternative email servers

2 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Gmail is not secure at all.
They all read and spy your messagess and that has been proven.
I don't want google to read all that I write or I send and receive.
There are better privacy focused alternative email servers

I dont have any message on my gmail, i dont care to them, as long as no one can have my gmail.

BUt if there is more secure one, what would you suggest to me? i am open for any.

5 minutes ago, cryptokram said:

I dont have any message on my gmail, i dont care to them, as long as no one can have my gmail.

BUt if there is more secure one, what would you suggest to me? i am open for any.

Anything like mailfence, criptex, tutanova, they are all better than Gmail.
They are encrypted , there is free options and you can pay with crypto for more in mailfence I think.

• Useful or interesting 1

2 minutes ago, Starpark said:

A good suggestion, but is the email application available for Android? Maybe for a while I can try the free option. If I want to pay with crypto, how much is it?

Yes... they have mobile application.
Both Tutanova and criptext  have great working apps with free options that is good for most people

Phishing emails is one of the ways hackers steal data that we have. There is no way to prevent hackers from sending email to our address but we can anticipate it by not clicking on the link in our email. If we are vigilant, then we shouldn't open emails that we don't know the sender

This is very helpful, until now there is still a lot of phishing in email and this possibility will continue to occur and develop into increasingly difficult to distinguish. It will be difficult for those with enough cloud to know phishing or not but this post is enough to help us

On 10/8/2019 at 3:21 PM, hexwin said:

I am using one great alternative for Gmail and it is called Tutanova email.

Today I received one email in my Tutanova account, with this content, asking me to 'update'

s.138.jpg

First thing you should do when you receive email from anyone is DOUBLE CHECK his email address and not just his name.

Here we can see that name is fake Tutanova Team, and real email address is rhody.ezekiel....

That is first Red Flag.

You should never click any links i your email (example is Resolve Issue Now) and never download any attachments

When I hover over that blue field, it can show me short link scammer is using /they often use this tactics to steal your data and crypto)

You should NEVER visit this links.

s.139.jpg

This is where links is directing next

s.140c.jpg

s.140.jpg

FAKE Tutanova website, asking you to enter your details, email and passoword.

Always double check Address bar, and you can see some random web address.

NEVER enter any details.

They are using same tactics for Gmail, and all crypto Phishing websites, like fake Ethereum and other coins Airdrops.

If you learned this now, you can apply to any similar situation in future.

Stay Safe,

HEX

Wow, excellent explanation friend, I really had this idea something clear but not exactly with this modality that you explain.
We have to be very careful with all this kind of strange movements, as you say, always double check the email that is received before clicking on any area of that email.
There may be different modalities that involve this type of pishing, although as it is a very understandable and focused issue, many scammers cannot take so many alternatives to create new ways.

• +5 1