[LEARN] How to avoid Phishing email scam - Page 6 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

[LEARN] How to avoid Phishing email scam

I always be careful about such type of fake emails.I receive such type of fake email once a week average. I use gmail. But now i will use your given email. Thanks for sharing. 

On 6/14/2020 at 3:20 AM, malik6314193 said:

I always be careful about such type of fake emails.I receive such type of fake email once a week average. I use gmail. But now i will use your given email. Thanks for sharing. 

If you receive fake emails weekly, that means you should unsubscribe from the scammers, it is dangerous because you can mistakely click in a click sent to you. The best is to unsubscribe from the sender. 

We all can receive these kind of mails from hackers so it's important to avoid these mails and don't click on any link. My suggestion is first look at the email address, you can easily find that it's fake or legit and if it's fake then just delete that mail. 

@hexwin, for many reasons. I always look up for your topics, they are too educative. Going back on that, this type of phishing trap (using the application development team as bait) won't be possible with Gmail or Yahoo mail, I have been using both for many years without such issue. I am not rulling out the possibility of phishing through them but it might not be so frequent. Hence, I would advise using G-mail or Yahoo mail coupled with proper sensitisation against random links.

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

Thank you for sharing this information to us. I also learned that from my professor that's the best measure to ensure that you are safe from phishers. Don't ever click any link or attachments from untrested emails.

I appreciate your effort bro and these days , email phishing is the most common and everyone recieves lot of spams emails daily so we must avoid them completely and if anything is suspicious we should report it and also never click on the links attached to the email if the sender isn't authorized.

• +2 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

Present every site need our email to registered in their site, and need to verify our email then opens any site, means our every active works through email,  now hackers always try to hack our accounts through our email, so they send phishing email links once we click this links and give our personal information, then they easly hack our account and still everything so avoid this links.

On 7/4/2020 at 12:30 PM, Motidepada said:

Phishing email may be impossible to avoid, and it is not dangerous until you respond to the email, just ignore emails of the kind, using anonymous email to register on exchanges will be good also, but do not click on links sent through email. 

It is possible, be using a new registered email for noncustodial wallets and centralized exchanges upon signing up, also to other registration like airdrops and bounties. These are common sites for jackets or scammers look into to get tour details. 

Thank you very much friend for sharing this with us. Phishing is another method of scamming and many people have lost their accounts + money with this method. We need to be more careful for our safety.

20 hours ago, Tunuu said:

Thank you very much friend for sharing this with us. Phishing is another method of scamming and many people have lost their accounts + money with this method. We need to be more careful for our safety.

You are right, some people will see email and we will not take a look carefully to know if it is a scam or not. Like me, be it legit or scam email, I do not click on it. Or, if I click on it, I do not click on likes stored on it. 

By the way tutorial is awesome,but it looks like i have already read something ,that looks same as this topic.If you took info from another forum and rewrite it, pls give link,i want to check it one more time

Just make an antiphising setting on your exchange, they will send you letters with the barcode you entered in the settings.

there are absolute blockages on my e-mail boxes, I never read mail!  xD for more important letters, I have a separate mailbox, the built-in spam check works well) and  my eyes is already trained, only once I was drunk I managed to get caught for phishing, now I don't take my phone into my hands when I'm drunk!! xD

4n47dyqozxemoegtomeasegozzemkegoz9eabwf6

Hackers mainly uses social engineering attacks or phishing to get access to our online wallets or private keys. The social engineering may include promoting fake ICOs, Bloating, Pyramids and Ponzi attacks. Besides this, some attacks are DNS based which include website hijacking, injecting malware and using key loggers.

So, here are some procedures to follow in order to safe from these malicious attacks;

1. Using Bookmarks instead of links; If you are a regular visitor of the website, make sure you've bookmarked the website, this way there's less chance to get phishing attacks.

2. Using ad-blockers in browsers; For blocking unnecessary advertisements and popups you need to install ad-blockers in your browser.

3. Enabling 2FA for logging in; For making your account secure and protected from this phishing attacks you must enable two-factor authorization.

4. Use complex passwords(that may include alphabets, symbols, special characters, numeric or Uppercase).

5. Using secure gateway; not using public Wi-Fi.

On 10/8/2019 at 9:21 PM, hexwin said:

I am using one great alternative for Gmail and it is called Tutanova email.

Today I received one email in my Tutanova account, with this content, asking me to 'update'

First thing you should do when you receive email from anyone is DOUBLE CHECK his email address and not just his name.

Here we can see that name is fake Tutanova Team, and real email address is rhody.ezekiel....

That is first Red Flag.

You should never click any links i your email (example is Resolve Issue Now) and never download any attachments

When I hover over that blue field, it can show me short link scammer is using /they often use this tactics to steal your data and crypto)

You should NEVER visit this links.

It's very good that you bring up this topic. Inexperienced users often fall for fake e-mails. Since I regularly operate in the world of cryptocurrencies, such e-mails come to me every day. 
I will never be fooled again, but I know that there are many people who don't know what they are dealing with and are fooled. Thank you, maybe your tutorial will protect someone from losing their money.

Thanks to the author of article, as for begginer this topic is very helpful. Now I will know exactly how I can be get physhed and will try to avoid it best as I can. Never got physhed before and hope that I won't. 

Thank you very much for informing us about this tool. In my particular case, I always check the language of the mail, the syntax of the text and the authenticity of the links. I carefully examine the URLs and think twice before clicking. My Linux operating system helps me a lot in these tasks. Best regards.

Thank you very much for your important information.avoid phishing scam is entirely up to you as you take steps to secure your account.some hackers try to hack your account, but you already know about it.

On 10/9/2019 at 1:21 AM, hexwin said:

I am using one great alternative for Gmail and it is called Tutanova email.

Today I received one email in my Tutanova account, with this content, asking me to 'update'

s.138.jpg

First thing you should do when you receive email from anyone is DOUBLE CHECK his email address and not just his name.

Here we can see that name is fake Tutanova Team, and real email address is rhody.ezekiel....

That is first Red Flag.

You should never click any links i your email (example is Resolve Issue Now) and never download any attachments

When I hover over that blue field, it can show me short link scammer is using /they often use this tactics to steal your data and crypto)

You should NEVER visit this links.

s.139.jpg

This is where links is directing next

s.140c.jpg

s.140.jpg

FAKE Tutanova website, asking you to enter your details, email and passoword.

Always double check Address bar, and you can see some random web address.

NEVER enter any details.

They are using same tactics for Gmail, and all crypto Phishing websites, like fake Ethereum and other coins Airdrops.

If you learned this now, you can apply to any similar situation in future.

Stay Safe,

HEX

The usefulness of this guide is off scale, I advise everyone to read it. Since nowadays there are a lot of sites, phishing-type mailings, spam and it is not always possible to defend against it. Thanks to the author

I have a gmail account that I use for certain pages that don't give me confidence, after registering on those pages, I began to receive a number of emails similar to yours, but I never open them, when something catches my attention I prefer to go directly to the page and not from the link they send me, and thus avoid a bad experience. This a good topic, thanks for sharing!

On 11/1/2019 at 4:06 PM, hexwin said:

Bitmex has leaked customer emails.
It is important to check if your email has been exposed, and never use only one email address

Check here if your email has been pwned:
https://haveibeenpwned.com/

I never use the same email everywhere.  I use different emails to to be safe and secure from the attackers. If the cryptocurrency  exchange get hacked our data will be at the huge risks. 

Thank you very much for your vital information.
Some hacker try to hack your mail to access other account.
They can send you spam messages with mail. 
Avoiding phishing or spamming email totally depends on you. 
So don't click on this link.

so many people just come to some website and just look at to their appeareance. they didn't check the web address.  i ever received email from fake poloniex costumer service, he told me to login and change my password. when i clicked the shortlink, it redirected me to polonex not poloniex and used weebly,com in their web address.