What is "Fork"? - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
cryptotalker

What is "Fork"?

On 12/30/2019 at 7:54 PM, actionjaction said:

On a fundamental level, a hard fork isn't constantly an expanding of the coin blockchain. This likely could be an adjustment in the system without the development of another coin. This is done to improve security or actualize any upgrades by designers.

Basically a hard fork is an implementation that results in an incompatibility with the original chain, at least as I understand it. For instance because of another block size in the new chain. That also means that the chain of hashes is broken, so each hard fork has its own root. So a block in the new chain can never be linked to a block in the old chain.

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

5 minutes ago, Hamza Akhtar said:

I know about that Fork what about this discussion is. Yoh tell me that what is fork which about tjere is discussion.

Thanks for responding! I fail to see then why you copied a citation about Unix forking (from this source: https://www.techopedia.com/definition/3270/fork ), but I will send you a PM instead of continuing that discussion here in the thread.

Edited by johant123

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

I am not really know about fork system in cryptocurrency. But after see the effect from fork system.

Bitcoin investor like divided to many coin beside only on Bitcoin. Also i am see the coin where using name Bitcoin for their branding, that is can make Bitcoin brand going contamined. Where new coin is don't have any guarantee about the system, maybe some of them only scam coin in the future. Where now is going taking some money from investor then prepare to run away with that money.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

A hard fork can occur if the chain splits into two that will follow different blocks which are created almost at the same time. Some of the miners will follow the one block and the rest the other. The chain that is the longest (meaning the one with the most hash power) will be the dominant one and the other one will be the forked chain.

It has to do with which chain will the miners follow.

Its like splitting of a coin into separate different coins, with same identity.

Just like how bitcoin first fork was the bitcoin cash

I don't know much about this. I'll let you know about this. And if anyone can help me with this information then I have the advantage.

On 9/30/2019 at 5:35 PM, cryptotalker said:

In the known sense, the word "fork" is used. When the fork is performed permanently, a new type of currency emerges and two separate tokens are formed. For example, Bitcoincash and Bitcoingold are Bitcoin forks. These are called Hard Fork.

Sometimes it is also just forked as software development. These are also called Soft Fork. For example; Ethereum, Ethereum -Constantinopolis.- Only software update and development is performed here.

spacer.png

Forks occur when the user base or developers decide that something fundamental about a cryptocurrency needs to change. This can be due to a major hack, as was the case with Ethereum, or as a fundamental disagreement within the community, like we've seen with Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.

On 9/30/2019 at 4:50 PM, cryptotalker said:

In the known sense, the word "fork" is used. When the fork is performed permanently, a new type of currency emerges and two separate tokens are formed. For example, Bitcoincash and Bitcoingold are Bitcoin forks. These are called Hard Fork.

Sometimes it is also just forked as software development. These are also called Soft Fork. For example; Ethereum, Ethereum -Constantinopolis.- Only software update and development is performed here.

Now i knows the mean of fork mean in crypto world thanks for giving this useful information about this term of crypto currency .

On 9/30/2019 at 5:50 PM, cryptotalker said:

spacer.png

It make a new coin under a blockchain. And the coin also upgrade through fork. We get many features from this update.

Online earning basic tutorials : https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

Active and genuine airdrop channel https://t.me/dhamakatipsc

Twitter profile https://twitter.com/aminulslamamir

My gaming channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLHiTfp06Q8WZMmA6NbUDSA

On 9/30/2019 at 4:50 PM, cryptotalker said:

spacer.png

This forking coins does not get much attention like BTC .These forking is just for built up for rich people to make more money from this.

You scramble a set of laws on a Git repository to create a cryptogram method that forwards the secret code to any additional store. Change your requirements and create something new

We should state once exchange digital money a heavy race to of coins at an unhappy punishment less, and we reward acclaim by putting away the bought coins at a peaceful cost. For instance, I handle at a sad cost the tokens of the Yobit swap over are Yone, Pluto, URANIX, large scale, EGold. I don't have the foggiest idea, however somehow and maybe soon Yobit will swim an extraordinary enormous whale on these coins of the substitute and obtain at a trough cost.

A fork is a repair or change to a Blockchain network. Both Soft Fork and Hard Fork are certainly changes that will occur in the blockchain and this change will certainly have an impact including the two blockchain networks will still be used by users but there will be a blockchain network that is more dominant than the other blockchain network.

Thank you for this valuable information through your post. As a new member i was not very familiar with the terms like hard fork and soft fork, now my doubts are cleared.

spacer.png

I think it's a upgradation of any coins network. Maximum time we saw it's split the network system and create a new coin. But also there is some upgrade happen without any split like ethereum fork.

BetFury                                                    

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day[/url]                                                   

On 2/16/2020 at 1:45 PM, Muzafrgrh said:

I don't really understand the technical side of the fork but with the leading fork the price of bitcoin raise .

The simplest way to define a crypto fork is that it is a kind of change or modification to a protocol of a blockchain system to either improve it or make some invalid blocks valid. When a new fork appears, all nodes (computers within a network) should upgrade their versions of the blockchain. In fact forks are very similar to version upgrades and updates for certain softwares. One of the reasons new forks are developed is to make the blockchain more resistant against hacking.

I consider the fact that promotion is an endeavor to extend the present mannequin. Though because vast majority them all brought about to fail, then simply this may be often really how to grown to be wealthier because of the situation in gold and silver coins

It's a great information I am very much thankful to you for sharing and providing us a knowledge of it I was not knowing about it but while seeing your post I came to know about fork and it was an interesting information which has to be acknowledged by every users.

Every beginner necessity snoop happen as expected fork or brutal fork but they don't tolerate any design about it you encompass explained it consequently in simple terms and beautifully this article is same functional for every beginner file distribution such informative topics

Slicing is one of the things that you can kill people, because through slicing you can do everything you want, this wrinkle is the root of everything, you can do anything you want and be criminally with this cut spoon.  .

spacer.png

I never khow before about this information.i think in future fork system will more developed.because,fork is one of the most promising system of crypto currency now.  

This is a good explanation of the meaning of Hard Fork and Soft Fork, Thank You, some of these concepts were not clear to me and I gained new knowledge from reading your helpful topic.

• Useful or interesting 1