The difference between private key and a public key - Page 3 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Mandoy01

The difference between private key and a public key

We should always make our private keys secure and should only be know by us only.

The difference between private and public keys is cleary very different.

• Useful or interesting 1

This is for sure, when we give a private key to someone, we may be stolen, and this is what the fraudsters use to steal your keys and your money, as they ask you to register with one of the mined sites so that they can steal all that you have.

• +4 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 1/26/2020 at 9:14 PM, Mandoy01 said:

If we talk about wallets then we will also talk about the wallet keys. There are two kinds of wallet keys; the private key and the public key.

The public key is also known as your wallet address. This is the alpha numeric number which you give to someone in order to receive a certain coin or token. The word public means that you can share it so you can make transactions.

Next is the private keys. Private keys are like the keys you use to open your door. For example you are going to unlock your door and you need a key to open it. It is the same with your private keys, this is the key that you will use to unlock or access your wallet. The word private here means that this key needs to be kept by you and never be shared otherwise other people can access your wallet.

So always keep in mind the difference so that your wallet will be safe and your coin or token will not be taken away from you. Share only your public key (wallet address) and not your private key.

Thank you for your important informative post, it will help me in future when I will transect money from other source to my wallet.

• +3 1

Actually I think private key is all time better than public key .this key reputation is better than public key . Thank you

Everyone should hold the private keys to his wallet and safely store them in a secure place. It is not wise to hold private keys in text files or spreadsheets in your computer either. Most secure way is to hold them on a paper wallet where you can store somewhere noone will ever look. Use hardware wallets as Ledger too as desktop and browser wallets are prone to hacks and exit scams. 

I know about thr private key.and we get it to access or to recover our accounts.and to be wise it should never be shared with anyone.it should stored in paper wallet so that we can get it in an emergency.

• +4 1

Thank you for best explanation about this,

This information will helps us to know how to use our keys in daily life,Specially in some website to avoid problems in future its better be careful.  

• +2 1

I don't know about this, I'm really sorry, and I'm just a beginner at this forum.  Thank you for providing important information for me to become better, I will remember that the keys to the public wallet can be known by other people as long as we don't lock our personal wallets, because if others find out we will lose the money that is in our trumpet.

Public Keys is BTC wallet adress,  or other wallet address that we can use to recieve bitcoin and other coins by giving this to them.  While private keys is the password of our wallet so we need to safely store this . Because once that someone knows our wallet we will have trouble for this and our wallet asset will steal by those people knows our private keys. 

• +4 1

These few tips are very good and helpful for all newbies because they need to note these things for future and safety of funds I am also feeling now have some more useful informations needed about few topics because we all need to learn every time its all about safety and knowledge without this no one able to stay here in crypto world but OP done good job for this all.

• +5 1

Actually dont have any idea but thanks for this question and also for those answering this question at least now i know this fact. Thanks mate.

• +1 1

Thank you for explaining the difference between private and public key, it was quite informative posts. According to me both the keys are of equal importance and should always be kept safe and secure to avoid hacking and spamming.

The public key is nothing but the address to the wallet that you put out for receiving funds.And the private key is what you use to asses to your account.Dont shares any one else otherwise you fase problem.

I have used a lot of wallets but i did not know about the keys this is very important information and new to me as well this will halp me to keep my account safe thanks for sharing.

The thing that matters is HUGE. 

With an open key, you can just observe the equalization and the approaching/active. 

In any case, with a private key, you have control the wallet. You are the proprietor with a private key. You can send or get cash.

On 1/27/2020 at 4:11 AM, Migo said:

Thanks for this explanation, but both of them are important to the wallet, because I think you will be hacked if you lost them or someone stole them from you, they are the key to your wallet, and the key to recover your wallet if you lost password or something else 

Yes you are right I am agree with you and your opinion I have same oprnion like you . They are the key to your wallet and the key to recover your wallet if you lost password or something else 

Thank you for sharing this important information with us.  I also have doubts about the private key and the public key.  But now I'm completely clear about it. But I didn't know about it before.

Beacuse I am new on cryptographic money. Be that as it may, I am extremely intrigued to think about this issue. Consider open keys as banks use something to move assets and assets from a client to a specific wallet or for any sort of award.

The public key and the private key are the two keys used to encrypt the public key. If the lock key is made public, then the unlock key becomes the private key, and vice versa. The public key cannot be used to extract the private key. If this is the public key? If you have a private key.

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

On 1/27/2020 at 1:23 AM, Ummita said:

We should always make our private keys secure and should only be know by us only. It private anyway and needs to be well secure. 

Yes, you're correct that our private keys need to be secure and safe. But for me, we need to share our private keys to one or two person that we trusted incase there is something happened to us. That's for me. 

Hello friend, success!

Thank you very much for the information, if I was clear that it was my wallet address and what was my private key, but thanks to your publication I now know its concept. Thanks a lot.

Perreo hasta el suelo, Y el autoestima hasta el cielo!

Barack Obama 2010.

14 hours ago, Nayem55 said:

In my opinion I think everyone in Crypto should know this.  If someone asks you for a key, unfortunately if you give the private key, you will lose all your money and will be given a public key to receive or transmit cryptocurrencies.

EpsonL360 0

Posted 2 hours ago

I don't have any idea about this.  Thank you patience always

Private keys or special keys. And that they have been very very private. But I do not know about the public keys.