How to use search filters function properly in this forum? - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

How to use search filters function properly in this forum?

I want to know how can I search for topics that I have never read or posted in them (both old and new ones). I use the search filter Activity/Unread Content but it still shows me topics that I have posted in them before. How can I search to find the topics that are new to me? Which search filters do you use to achieve this? There are other filters like time period and sorting. I tried them too but I still see repetitive topics in the search results. If you know the solution, please explain it here.

I remember, this issue has been asked already by other members but in different forms,m, i also get confused before about those topics that i have read and commented already,and there's one member said that you can notice it on a 2 chat box icon besides every topic,and its as easy as that to determine, 

If you already commented on that topic both will be color black but if you havent commented,the one is just white and the other one is black.and if you quoted on that topic both will turn into grey.

Hope this could help you.

Edited by Ms.o

If you still see posts that you already replied on them then this means that there is nothing new yet, you need to check later, me too I use this feature to organize my topics in cryptotalk and to not reply to the same topic twice 

• Useful or interesting 1

You need to search for your idea if that is already existing. If your idea that you want to post is already existing, i suggest to you to not post it because if you posted it, it will be deleted. You can used the search topic, you just need to type your topic that you what to post. 

I would also like to have a knowledge about it because as a new begging i am not knowing many such things which i could use to search by filtering i would request an experienced user to let me know about it.

Im not using yet the filtering messages here because i prefer clicking everpage so thqt i can see what topics i do not postingor replying. For me it is more easy than filtering the messages here.

This issue is been already asked too many times, and still admins and moderators dont do anything about it yet, well maybe because admins and moderators are too busy to deal with cleaning the forum because of the spammers.

i also noticed that but i do a thing that i must be care full to reply twice post in 1 topic so you also do that and also post new topic for better understand and give knowledge to people.

Well you can try the filter date started then you will the topics that posted recently or newly published topics and i also this feature to see new topics and post in there but some are just repeated topics and nonsense topic that's why you should choose the topics that are useful and impossible to be removed.

There is a lot of good ways to search , this being there is a chance on the top there is a search box, this search box you can type in your search caption, these is a good thing to which you will gain something good out of it. there are so many other ways you can also look for a topic.

On 1/14/2020 at 9:34 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

If you know the solution, please explain it here.

As far as I know, there's still no such feature to filter it out. Though you might click on any thread, then at the bottom part, just click "Next Unread Topic".

IMG_20200118_114554.jpg.41a0fdcc6a091351eb79441d83385eb2.jpg

• Useful or interesting 1

On 1/15/2020 at 1:34 AM, Nazneen Sathi said:

Dear friend, At first you go home than go to any one group than you see on the other left site click start a new topic and you see some option but if you select start a date than you gate new topic post.

Thank you this what i need I have been here a while but I still don't understand how to set this feature.  The result I only found a few old posts and confused.

On 1/14/2020 at 4:34 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

I want to know how can I search for topics that I have never read or posted in them (both old and new ones). I use the search filter Activity/Unread Content but it still shows me topics that I have posted in them before. How can I search to find the topics that are new to me? Which search filters do you use to achieve this? There are other filters like time period and sorting. I tried them too but I still see repetitive topics in the search results. If you know the solution, please explain it here.

I see there have the button in the top menu if the forum that's called unread contents. I think through this button you will see all topics you never reply or read them

Search filter functions doesn't work well I also tried using it but in no avail. I Just sort it to recently post topics or most commented at times really work well for me. 

On 1/15/2020 at 3:26 PM, Tine0313 said:

Im not using yet the filtering messages here because i prefer clicking everpage so thqt i can see what topics i do not postingor replying. For me it is more easy than filtering the messages here.

Same, thats also what i am doing. instead of filtering i am more comfortable clicking every page so that i can know what topics is new and where i did not posted yet.

54 minutes ago, jewel said:

that feature dose not work well.to use search filters function you should search  by topic name and you can post your comment there because it will be new. 

I don't want to search for the name of any topic. I just want to search for any new content (either topic or post) that is new and I have never seen it before or posted in it. I tried all filters but I still see lots of old contents that I have already seen. I even chose Read Status - Content I haven't read but it still shows me old topics. If you know a better solution, explain it here.

We have to get a good knowledge of it. If you can choose mobile apps using filter so that you get relevant post regarding mobile apps like.     

You only need to look at the conversation icon on the left title, usually a new topic for you in white and black color, so avoid the black one only.

its quite confusing the search option because a lot of topics all come out,the easiest way to know if you reply already is the chat icon besides every topic,black and white means you haven't reply on that topic.

I don't know much about this. I'll let you know about this. And if anyone can help me with this information then I have the advantage.

To use search filter forum properly you must comprehend the topics which you wish to examine its like almost like google you must type the topics which you've got seen before like starting,between line where the forum searches all the topics and you gonna get result.

On 1/14/2020 at 3:34 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

At the bottom of each post there is an arrow you click on that takes you to the unread posts in this section and you can go out to another section and press the same button, good luck

The same with me I wanted to comment with different post but it doesn’t show and only those I already comment it’s good to have this feature that shows latest post.

From my experience using this forum search feature, When we look for something "Bitcoin" for example. Then all bitcoin keywords will come out. Such is the function of the search in this forum.