Are we on time to invest in Bitcoin? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Jromz

Are we on time to invest in Bitcoin?

This topic deals with whether is it convenient to invest in Bitcoin now, based on its current level of adoption

From electricity to internet and smartphones, the adoption of pretty much every technological development from the 19th century, interestingly fits in a "curve of adoption", which indicates an exponential rate in a "S" shape. In simple terms, the lower part of the "S" curve represents the initial phase of adoption of a new technology, which is naturally slow. The middle portion of the curve, is when adoption rapidly accelerates upwards to culminate in the upper portion of the "S", which marks the point where a new technology has been massively adopted

Where is Bitcoin in its adoption curve?

Data by financial consultants Cornerstone Advisors have revealed that Bitcoin has reached a 15 % of adoption in the US (image below) since its launch in 2009. This is a somewhat significant point because according to this concepts this is the precise point of the curve when adoption rate begins to accelerate towards 100 %, which according to Brian Estes (Off The Chain Capital) could possibly occur within ten years

Overall, this data would indicate that this is the right time to invest in Bitcoin rather than when its adoption rate experiences a rapid increase.

Even though these concepts indeed make some sense and Bitcoin apparently is fitting the curve so far (image below), we all now about the unpredictability of Bitcoin. Then the question is whether you would take an investment decision based on this kind of data?

btc.thumb.png.cc40c20e53a686f8afe88bb0ca969724.png

Edited by Jromz
grammar
  • Useful or interesting 6
  • +1 2
  • +2 7
  • +3 5
  • +4 1
  • +5 5

3 minutes ago, Jromz said:

whether you would take an investment decision based on this kind of data?

@JromzAbsolutely I do not make investment currently preferring this sort of data as I can not wait for a long time to expect profits if market collapsed immediately. I think most of the investors have not forgot that middle-March black Thursday, investors invested in Bitcoin when its price was at strong support level.   

Current market scenario for Bitcoin is unpredictable however Bitcoin blockchain size is stretching day by day. It may suggest, people are getting interested to Bitcoin but  we can not still be sure to invest a huge amount in BTC at this peak. 

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +2 4
  • +3 5
  • +5 1

12 hours ago, Whited35 said:

@JromzAbsolutely I do not make investment currently preferring this sort of data as I can not wait for a long time to expect profits if market collapsed immediately. I think most of the investors have not forgot that middle-March black Thursday, investors invested in Bitcoin when its price was at strong support level.   

Current market scenario for Bitcoin is unpredictable however Bitcoin blockchain size is stretching day by day. It may suggest, people are getting interested to Bitcoin but  we can not still be sure to invest a huge amount in BTC at this peak. 

That is a great vision, mate. Collapse of markets are unpredictable events that may lead to great loses when we have big capital invested in an asset and our risk management is a bit flawed. In my case, I learned from though experiences not to sell driven by panic and only investing capital that I am truly willing to lose in totality. Yet, if the adoption of Bitcoin keeps adjusting to this curve, it may experience a sudden increase in the coming years, reaching an hypothetical full adoption in 10 years time. This may naturally impact the price positively but obviously there are plenty of unpredictable factors that might interfere with the development of this curve overall.

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 3
  • +5 1

I think this is not right time to invest on bitcoin. We saw that in the beginning of November bitcoin price increase too much unexpectedly. But in the end it started to decrease and now it is increasing. So you should wait for a little bit of time when btc price down you can buy.

• +2 1
  • +5 1

A lot of indicators tell us about an upcoming rise in the price of bitcoin, some of them talk about five times the current price. I personally prefer investing in them now more than ever.

• +1 2
  • +3 1

But I would suggest you this condition is very critical and even small movements can make you huge loss in this market and I am sure the price will come down because I think this market is not fully bullish it will take again the support and only cross more than that. It has already got new all time high and investing now is quite risky.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I think the time to invest in bitcoin is now, it is now because it is starting to take off towards extremely high prices, it is conducive to obtain bitcoin at this time to take advantage of a lower price. We all know that the supply of bitcoin is very limited, soon no more bitcoin will be generated so the existence will significantly increase its value in a short time.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 2

Everyday is the best time to invest in bitcoin specially this year and the month of December because the price of the bitcoin is still increasing. So your are lucky if you have investment earlier this year because you can actually feel the price increase and the big earning by holding bitcoin.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

8 hours ago, Jromz said:

In my case, I learned from though experiences not to sell driven by panic and only investing capital that I am truly willing to lose in totality.

@Jromz It is the strategy that everyone should know from you to prevent the excessive loss in crypto trading. It is not recommended to make investment in crypto when bull run is initiation to bring price to climax. It is certain, massive collapse can be happen any time during bullrun because whales attempt to cash out for their larger holdings during that time.

At least, I have learnt so many things from previous experience and I am glad to hear such a nice ideas that you have just shared in your posts. Keep it up.  

• +2 1
  • +3 3

I am not going to invest at the moment, cause there is lots of things working. The most unusual thing  is that the price of the btc is unstable. At the beginning of the last month i saw  the upper slope of the price but at the end  of the month the price is start  decreasing. This thing make me scared to invest. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

It's always time to invest in Bitcoin, it's a strong currency and its expected to keep increasing its value

• +2 1

Bitcoin is currently at the rise in terms of market value for that reason i don't think it is the right time to invest because one will have to wait for a longer time before gaining some profit and since that is the case then i think it is a good opportunity for investors to excercise more patience to hold there coins to at least end of the year because there is high possibility for bitcoin to reach $20,000 or even above.

• +2 2
  • +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

10 hours ago, Gamma said:

@Jromz I wouldn't invest in bitcoin right now.

I would rather wait till the new year so we can get a better idea on where it is going.

Although you shared a good topic but I would still not count on it due to my experience with these kinds of article.

This is just my humble opinion, you have to wait and see other experienced people's take on it

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, mate. Actually these are highly speculative ideas, but it is certainly interesting to analyze how Bitcoin adoption has evolved since its inception and compare this to the adoption curve of major technologies of the last couple of centuries. In this line, one of the articles I've referred to provides a provocative example about the adoption of personal computers, related to the returns of investing in stock shares of Dell. It's been shown that the best time to invest in this asset was during the early part of the ‘S’ curve (a 7 year period), which eventually led to returns of 35x four years later, as computers became massively adopted. Yet, again, it's up to each of us what interpretation we give to these data.

Edited by Jromz
grammar
  • +1 1
  • +3 1

Well base on my own modest analysis of current crypto market situation I would love to suggest to anyone to suspend the plan to invest in crypto coins now notably bitcoin probably till next year. It's too difficult to predict the movement of BTC if to how with the datas flowing on net

• +3 1

Hello everyone this is the right time to invest on bitcion because if the price of market is low buy as much as you can and invest with it when ever the price is high you could be able to earn huge amount of money

• -1 1

At this time it is very difficult to predict whether Bitcoin will rise or fall, therefore a difficult decision is to invest in my humble opinion it is always advisable to invest in bitcoin in the long term since you will surely obtain large profits and time proves it.

Good luck and big winnings for everyone
A big greeting

• +1 1

On 12/1/2020 at 3:20 AM, Jromz said:

This topic deals with whether is it convenient to invest in Bitcoin now, based on its current level of adoption

From electricity to internet and smartphones, the adoption of pretty much every technological development from the 19th century, interestingly fits in a "curve of adoption", which indicates an exponential rate in a "S" shape. In simple terms, the lower part of the "S" curve represents the initial phase of adoption of a new technology, which is naturally slow. The middle portion of the curve, is when adoption rapidly accelerates upwards to culminate in the upper portion of the "S", which marks the point where a new technology has been massively adopted

Where is Bitcoin in its adoption curve?

Data by financial consultants Cornerstone Advisors have revealed that Bitcoin has reached a 15 % of adoption in the US (image below) since its launch in 2009. This is a somewhat significant point because according to this concepts this is the precise point of the curve when adoption rate begins to accelerate towards 100 %, which according to Brian Estes (Off The Chain Capital) could possibly occur within ten years

Overall, this data would indicate that this is the right time to invest in Bitcoin rather when its adoption rate experiences a rapid increase.

Even though these concepts indeed make some sense and Bitcoin apparently is fitting the curve so far (image below), we all now about the unpredictability of Bitcoin. Then the question is whether you would take an investment decision based on this kind of data?

btc.thumb.png.cc40c20e53a686f8afe88bb0ca969724.png

I had never thought of this data to invest in bitcoin, but excellent and interesting, the btc is taking ground in the world economy and since the projections are that it continues to increase, I think now is the time to invest and your analysis helps too

Of course I would take them as a basis for making an investment. I think that to invest in Bitcoin always any time is good, since it is the most precious cryptocurrency and surely over the years these investments instead of losses will give us excellent profits. It all lies in the time you need to see good results from your investment.

• +1 2
  • +2 1

Always act with conscience and a sense of camaraderie and every time you make a post, stop for a moment and review in detail the posts of other members around you, so that you can give your respective reaction. :classic_wink:

I think buying any top coin on 24h dump can give us a decent profit and on this situation i suggest that short term trading is more profitable and secure buy sell again buy and sell because at this time the market is on its peak so if you buy and market goes down  Or commes to higher price .

The BTC is currently struggling and didn't breakthrough from $20k price. In last few days BTC have 2 time fall back in few days. The Times of investment is still in hand because as the current situation of BTC is shows the breakthrough make own analysis and check all your financial position the invest because it gonna fall down what would you do and if goes upwards and regret later for not big investment. So make decisions with analysis before leaving or holding. 

• +4 1

For now Bitcoin costs a lot comparing to its year low level, but I think price will be bigger than we see now. Unfortunately, it`s very difficult to make any predictions, I hold some bitcoins, which I bought on lower price level and now I`m not planning to buy more. Anyway some people can try to invest in it now, because situation is definitely absolutely different from 2017 

• +1 1

Yes we are still in time to invest in bitcoin since it is just beginning its true capacity since right now some think that it is a great price that costs more than 18k dollars but for me it is very little bitcoin can give much more it can reach a much more value  What prevents them are the whales and the people who sell their bitcoins when they think that bitcoin no longer gives more, what they should do is buy more bitcoin and not sell them because if it reaches 20k dollars, bitcoin remains and people  It does not sell bitcoin it will go up fast very fast since it will no longer fall in price.

• +3 1

Thank you for the useful information you provided. In my opinion, the price of bitcoin depends more on its supply by miners, and the best time to buy Bitcoin is a few months after the Bitcoin's block rewards is halved. What you said could be one of the important factors in raising prices, But as a catalyst.

⚱️Take Up TO 3500 ETH NOW⚱️

For starting You Need Only 0.08 ETH

6 hours ago, Brandonsaw said:

Yes we are still in time to invest in bitcoin since it is just beginning its true capacity since right now some think that it is a great price that costs more than 18k dollars but for me it is very little bitcoin can give much more it can reach a much more value  What prevents them are the whales and the people who sell their bitcoins when they think that bitcoin no longer gives more, what they should do is buy more bitcoin and not sell them because if it reaches 20k dollars, bitcoin remains and people  It does not sell bitcoin it will go up fast very fast since it will no longer fall in price.

I also agree with you @Brandonsawwhat I have observed recently is that the ability  and nature of Bitcoin to progress in price rapidly even when we think that the current price is going to be the highest confirms that we can still invest in the coin now and still expect profit Although the profit cannot be compared with the people that bought it earlier and at a lower price 

• +1 1

Investment at this level isn't something I should recommend or look into unless you are sure to Hodl for 5-6 years without looking short term. Currently 4% of Total supply of Bitcoin is invested by Institution which definitely shows that Bitcoin isn't going to crash badly like we have seen in past days. All dips are getting bought which is sign that people are Bullish. But we don't know how price will occurs if it once breaks 20k level as we don't have past datas for it. So at this time it's definitely not the time to invest if you don't want risk.

• +1 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,