Is it a good idea to change Bitcoin to USDT (Tether)? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
josefjimenez

Is it a good idea to change Bitcoin to USDT (Tether)?

The vitality of Bitcoin can generate great losses and great benefits, but what is the best time to change our Bitcoins to USDT (Tether) token? Or is it not highly recommended to have USDT (Tether)?

I think that buying USDT (Tether) when Bitcoin reaches a high price can be a very good idea because we can have good profits after Bitcoin falls in price again. USDT (Tether) is a cryptocurrency pegged to the dollar and I think it can be used to avoid losses due to the vitality of Bitcoins.

• Useful or interesting 6
  • +1 11
  • +2 9
  • +3 4
  • +4 4

In my opinion, it is not a good idea to convert bitcoin to USDT, since it is like converting bitcoin to dollars. Remember that the USDT cryptocurrency follows the value of the dollar, so it loses the appeal of cryptocurrencies and their potential to rise. On the contrary, if I had USDT, I would convert it to bitcoin.

• +1 3
  • +3 2

5 hours ago, josefjimenez said:

The vitality of Bitcoin can generate great losses and great benefits, but what is the best time to change our Bitcoins to USDT (Tether) token? Or is it not highly recommended to have USDT (Tether)?

I think that buying USDT (Tether) when Bitcoin reaches a high price can be a very good idea because we can have good profits after Bitcoin falls in price again. USDT (Tether) is a cryptocurrency pegged to the dollar and I think it can be used to avoid losses due to the vitality of Bitcoins.

You are absolutely right mate we can exchange our bitcoins to USDT when we believe it has reached it's high price and likely to drop once again so that we don't face the losses and when the price dips we can exchange those USDT we were holding to bitcoins again to make some profits.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

I do not think it is a good idea, because it is well known that in the world of cryptocurrencies, the one that drags the price is Bitcoin, all currencies depend on the price of bitcoin, otherwise the USD, I would recommend you better use this strategy, when the price of Bitcoin is high keep your bitcoin, when it starts to fall convert them to USD and when it starts to rise buy the Bitcoin again

• +1 2
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

I usually withdraw in USDT to be able to withdraw or keep what I have earned, I tried to trade with BTC but it did not work for me due to lack of experience.

• +3 1

On 10/13/2020 at 12:04 PM, josefjimenez said:

selling bitcoin at high price is easier said than done, because if you notice these past few days many people were selling bitcoin everyday thinking 12k was the top and then 12.5k was the top and so on.

• -1 1
  • +1 2

Having USDT is a good idea which can be converted again into BTC or any other cryptocurrency. But BTC is best which can be easily converted and move from on place  to another. Also tether is under different case it can be possible USDT goes under investigation and lock down. So always convert it to ETH or any stable coin 

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

I think it is a great way of preserving profits made pending another trading time without converting to fiats or any other cryptocurrency to avoid dip. I have also tried this many times after bullish trading converting to stable coin or a low volatile coin. 

Although, very low, one have to be careful with what type of stable coin to convert into as some might not be as stable as expected. If not, USD should be a better option.

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

Conversion of bitcoin into USDT is really a good idea because it will offer one oppotunity to earn some profit especially when one convert when the price of bitcoin is higher in the market, convert to usdt and wait for bitcoin to fall a bit so that you can accumulate more coins to your wallet for future investment because our main aim in cryptoworld is to make good profit to our various wallets.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

USDT is the good coin and that is stable coin in which we can safe our account if the amrket go to high or down we are safe at that time. In Crypto market there are so many coins but we have some stable coins which safe our money at the market high movement.

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +5 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 11/1/2020 at 2:54 PM, Raqeebzy said:

I think it is a great way of preserving profits made pending another trading time without converting to fiats or any other cryptocurrency to avoid dip. I have also tried this many times after bullish trading converting to stable coin or a low volatile coin. 

Although, very low, one have to be careful with what type of stable coin to convert into as some might not be as stable as expected. If not, USD should be a better option.

i think many people dont want to sell now and lock some profits because they are becoming greedy specially with expectations that bitcoin might go up to 19k again. i personally think locking in some profit now would be a lot better than losing it when bitcoin do a correction down to 12k.

• +3 1

It's better to exchange your Bitcoin balance into Tether (USDT) as it's one of the steady crypto token with high exchange volume world wide but make sure to analyze market before exchanging it to be profitable and buying back when the market goes down.

• -3 1
  • +2 1

Right now the market has a very high volatility is recommend to change a part of your bitcoin for fiat, the market will go back very soon, so in that moment you need to have fiat to buy more cheapper  however keep a part of your bitcoin to the end always is a good idea. 

• -3 1
  • +1 1
  • +4 1

As you are saying volatility; So depending on the market situations, once you are in profit on your investment it is a good time to exchange your coins to USDT, but also at times when the market is about to fall badly.

• -3 1

I think that I would not exchange my bitcoin for usdt, I would exchange them when I wanted to sell all my bitcoins or when the price drops for bitcoin, I would change them for usdt so that the price decrease does not affect me.

• -1 1
  • +1 1

We all use tether when trading to sell and wait for a lower price. It is used in all exchanges and is a stable coin. In some exchanges you can trade in dollar or in euro and other currencies, it depends but tether is a good idea to be in sometimes when things start turning red.

• -2 1

We know that bitcoin is a very precious coin...bitcoin price is very high..   I think bitcoin convert to USDT is good idea.There are good and bad sides to knowing everything. So,,,i think if the price of BTC goes up, you should not do it.... 

• -5 1

If we like to have exit on any coins, like eth or btc we can exchange our coins to USDT. As it is stable coin we don't need to worry about the losses. For talking about Bitcoin if you think the price is going to dump further, you can sell your btc for usdt and it will provide you profit.

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

if you wanna take some profit from bitcoin ( u have only bitcoin no altcoins) you can either sell now or wait for the price to make higher jumps , or you can buy other altcoins which is a good chance . 

• +2 1

It depends on your perspective of the market, if you are a holder it does not make sense to convert to USDT at the moment, but if you are a trader then it is normal to convert to USDT to take profits.
If you have BTC at the moment you could take profits or just wait, in my case I operate thinking of accumulating more satoshis.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                

I think that if you are doing it now then it actually is a very good idea to change your bitcoin into USDT, although personally i would recommend USD. Because of the high price that bitcoin is at at the moment if you convert to usd now then you are guaranteed a high value for your satoshi, therefore if the price had to drop in the future or come down by even a fraction you will still be assured that value and it will not affect yo. You can then rebuy at a lower price and profit when the price increases again. This would be a good idea in my opinion. 

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

I think it not good idea. Bitcoin is a high priced coin and the price is always flexible and usdt always follows fiat currency. So i think if you want to sell it then you can covert it into usdt. So it is better you hold your bitcoins for rising the price of bitcoins           

56 minutes ago, Bpman1321G said:

If you are holder, than it is bad idea, because btc will surely increase to about 20k dollars in some months, but if you are trader, than change btc to usdt when btc have some increasing and then buy bitcoin for your usdt when it have some decrease

Yes @Bpman1321G all depend what you need it for. For daily trader is good to do some exchange to other coin stable coin like USDT. If we are not a daily trader will be better to hold our Bitcoins maybe in short time we see it going up more than right now. But anything can happens with Bitcoin,  this is the Bitcoin miracle is possible at any time will decrease his value!

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

In crypto trading its more better to trade cryptocurrencies with stable coins such as usdt or USD, but don't trade crypto for crypto, so usdt/btc trading pair is better for crypto trading.